NoodleCup31

[Petition] Remove the matchmaking lock that separates the US and Britain from Germany and Italy 6.7 and up

Should the said matchmaking lock be removed from 6.7 and up?  

652 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this?

Hey guys, 

you are probably familiar with this.

Germany and Italy cannot team up with the US or Britain in realistic battles.

I would like to have it removed from 6.7 and above.

Q:Why was this done?

A: To stop a combination of MBT and KPZ 70 from roflstomping the T-64A over two years ago

This lock is now obsolete, especially for the modern tanks since it basically removes NATO.

Also locking Britain away from Germany was not justified and applying this measure to all BRs neither was.

Matchmaking in RB is and was never historical so that is not an argument (US + Japan in WW2 for example is possible, or FRA/USSR/GER/IT vs UK/US/japan)

What do you think?

Instead there should be system that does not have any restriction and balances out the amount of major and minor nations on each team (not the same nation on both sides though).

Edited by NoodleCup31
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 71
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

They will keep the lock because the winrates of higher russian BRs will drop to 50% and thats a NoGo. 
I have around 47% in my Leo1 and over 63% in my T54-49 or over 61% in my T62. 

Edited by Rawday
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Same petiton made in March and completely ignored. The Soviet junk need anti no skill ammo plus soft MM for be competetive tovarish :crying:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, Flak_Dancer said:

Same petiton made in March and completely ignored. The Soviet junk need anti no skill ammo plus soft MM for be competetive tovarish :crying:

It even makes their beloved queue times longer...

Just wait until this will get merged to the forgotten thread again and shwoosh Gaijin doesn't have to care anymore.

If we can go a step forward and listen to event feedback, why can't we listen to matchmaking feedback too?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I love kill german tank, and overall that op leo a5, so by now im fine

Pd: Germany can team up with the US. More o less, 50% of games i play, im playing along with germany

Edited by Vancephei
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 14
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, Vancephei said:

PdGermany can team up with the US. More o less, 50% of games i play, im playing along with germany

No it cannot.

That is a fact and if you say otherwise you cannot be right.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, mc205v said:

In my opinion the BR 9.3 / 10.0 there must be no locks (I do not mean mixed) so the games would start immediately.

There should not be locks anywhere in RB except air battles.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Hey guys, 

you are probably familiar with this.

Germany and Italy cannot team up with the US or Britain in realistic battles.

Q:Why was this even done?

A: To stop a combination of MBT and KPZ 70 from roflstomping the T64A over a year ago

This lock is now obsolete, especially for the modern tanks since it basically removes NATO.

Also locking Britain from Germany was not justified and applying this measure to all BRs neither was.

What do you think?

There is no reason for it other than maybe a niche part of WWII vehicles and below.

Other than that it makes no sense for the player.

I appreciate the limited WWII experience with certain vehicles, but the fact Russia can already team with Germany in these ranges (the period when they had similar goals in Central Europe isn't enough to make this pairing an exception when considering the continued block for certain nations throughout) means that the decision for the blocked nations is a weak argument afterwards.

It's not mixed battle because not every battle will involve "unhistorical" pairing, especially if the block was just relaxed after certain eras of vehicle.

Bring on the freeing of the UK and Germany!

Edited by Deranger79
And Italy of course!
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, mc205v said:

RB WWII tanks?

Ok...

WW2:

US+UK =OK

US+SOV = Nope never fought together

UK+SOV = Nope same as above

GER+US = Mostly no, but theres the thing with the Castle Itter

GER+UK = Nope

GER+ITA = OK

Basicly that Matchmaking would be Realistic and all but you know... MuH Soviet Playerbase cant play alone against 3 Nations its unfair MuH

• Like 2
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Deadmmann said:

Ok...

WW2:

US+UK =OK

US+SOV = Nope never fought together

UK+SOV = Nope same as above

GER+US = Mostly no, but theres the thing with the Castle Itter

GER+UK = Nope

GER+ITA = OK

Basicly that Matchmaking would be Realistic and all but you know... MuH Soviet Playerbase cant play alone against 3 Nations its unfair MuH

Japan would be alone...

If we have this, we should remove every lock and just make it max random 4 vs random 3 nations, depending on how many people are in the queue.

Edited by NoodleCup31
  • Upvote 1

I'm fine with WWII vehicles (based on BR) being limited to Allies US-UK-USSR and Axis GER-ITA-Japan, with France/Vichy France flip-flopping in the middle. Cold Wars should be NATO (US, UK, GER, ITA, JAPAN) vs PACT (Currently, Soviets.)

I mean, it's not our fault that the Soviet Union repressed and controlled design choices in PACT states, restricting them from access to T-80s, T-64s, and most T-62s (because they were afraid of revolution and also because the T-62 was just that bad).

Edited by ArchangelLexael
  • Upvote 7

59 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Japan would be alone...

If we have this, we should remove every lock and just make it max random 4 vs random 3 nations, depending on how many people are in the queue.

Well the Soviet Union wasnt really an Part of the Allies... *EDIT* They entred them in 1941

But Japan was Part of the Axis...

Edited by Deadmmann

I wouldn't mind if the queue spent 1 or 2 minutes trying to match realistic lineups, but after a couple minutes, sure, unlock all teams for faster queue times.

As it stand, "Realistic Battle" is already far from real...

Edited by Wulfbane
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Wulfbane said:

I wouldn't mind if the queue spent 1 or 2 minutes trying to match realistic lineups, but after a couple minutes, sure, unlock all teams for faster queue times.

As it stand, "Realistic Battle" is already far from real...

I think it just means that it feels at least controls more realistic then arcade.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Fireraid233 said:

I think it just means that it feels at least controls more realistic then arcade.

Yeah, realistic can mean many things. It's the Physics, not Historics.

The block hasn't always existed.

On 30/07/2019 at 22:13, mc205v said:

RB WWII tanks?

Jumbo vs RU-251 or full stabilizer apds dispenser vs Tiger 1...

Limitation should be removed for all ranks, we have enough soviet anti no skill MM.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Wulfbane said:

Physics is certainly a part of it, but I'm pretty sure history also (previously) played a part since BR's are adjusted for different vehicles and the whole 'this team can't play with that team' mentality, hence the title of this topic.

It's the inconsistencies I am pointing out.  It only appears to be part of it during WWII.  If it were historically accurate then after WWII it would be all versus the USSR.  Since it isn't it creates the case that stopping nations from working together is a pointless design choice that only causes problems.

This is not a WWII game, I appreciate the limited WWII experience due to blocking certain nations at this time but then this ruins the rest of the eras.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

It's the inconsistencies I am pointing out.  It only appears to be part of it during WWII.  If it were historically accurate then after WWII it would be all versus the USSR.  Since it isn't it creates the case that stopping nations from working together is a pointless design choice that only causes problems.

This is not a WWII game, I appreciate the limited WWII experience due to blocking certain nations at this time but then this ruins the rest of the eras.

Then it would appear we are in complete agreement with each other that the block should be lifted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1