qwert96

AUBL/74 HVG (Fiat 6616)

Well since it's been out and nobody has mentioned it's overall combat capability so far, I might as well.

 

60mm APFSDS, less than 1kg? Not a problem, easy kills and a reminder (or a reality for those that didn't know) that APFSDS post-pen does not solely rely nor even majorly affected by shell mass unlike typical AP rounds

 

Other than that, pretty appropriate BR for it currently. Seeing as how it decimates T-10ms frontally at ranges, hardly much of an issue of going up against armor

 

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been wondering, is the camo historical or purely fictional?

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/08/2019 at 19:42, Ruthless95 said:

this thing's wheels aren't modeled in game right now.

 

What makes you say that ?

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2019 at 15:01, Dr_Pavel said:

I have been wondering, is the camo historical or purely fictional?

The main camo is the olive green one as all other post war italian vehicles (prototypes were painted often with sand yellow or olive green).

The 3 tone scheme is a "semi-historical" based on the peruvian army one.

 

Type6616PeruMejia%20(1).JPG

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BlueBeta said:

The main camo is the olive green one as all other post war italian vehicles (prototypes were painted often with sand yellow or olive green).

The 3 tone scheme is a "semi-historical" based on the peruvian army one.

 

Type6616PeruMejia%20(1).JPG

 

Thanks for the reply. On the same note but slightly off topic, shouldn't standard camo (olive drab) on our modern MBTs have a more greenish hue? Right now they almost look more brown than green.

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2019 at 00:18, Samuel_Hyde said:

why is this thing has a very bad acceleration?

at most in open fields i can only do around 45-52kmh and 70kmh on the road.

can this thing even reach the top speed

IIRC the engine only has 160 HP so a rather small hp/ton ratio. 

 

You Tuber , Napalmratte, did a detailed review of the AUBL/74 HVG  in which included  some informative charts comparing its specs with other higher tier vehicles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This afternoon, I was looking for information on the Oto-Melara 60mm HVGS gun mounted on AUBL / 74 HVG
(the Italian armored vehicle of the H.E.A.T event) and I found some interesting articles, in which it is written that the system
of auto-recharge (Autoloader) is able to fire 30 rounds per minute, 1 every 2s, while in the vehicle card in
WT charging is 6.9s. I ask the experts, why this recharge time difference?
P.S. The articles refer explicitly to the Fiat 6616 armored vehicle used to house the turret
with Oto-Melara 60mm HVGS, creating a single WT AUBL / 74 HVG prototype.

DOC1.jpg

DOC2.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mc205v said:

This afternoon, I was looking for information on the Oto-Melara 60mm HVGS gun mounted on AUBL / 74 HVG
(the Italian armored vehicle of the H.E.A.T event) and I found some interesting articles, in which it is written that the system
of auto-recharge (Autoloader) is able to fire 30 rounds per minute, 1 every 2s, while in the vehicle card in
WT charging is 6.9s. I ask the experts, why this recharge time difference?

In the game, the HVG is manually loaded, if you look at the bottom of the second page that you posted, under the "Variant" title, you'll see that the turret mounted on the AUBL was manually loaded.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TenPoundsOfSalt said:

In the game, the HVG is manually loaded, if you look at the bottom of the second page that you posted, under the "Variant" title, you'll see that the turret mounted on the AUBL was manually loaded.

You're right, I hadn't noticed the word "manual"

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mc205v said:

You're right, I hadn't noticed the word "manual"

Well, while we're not getting a 2 seconds autoloader, your documents seems to state that the FCS should provide us with a laser rangefinder, wich it currently doesn't have right now.

 

So, if you or anyone knows if it's that particular FCS that's mounted on the AUBL, that would be good...

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.