qwert96

AUBL/74 HVG (Fiat 6616)

https://warthunder.com/en/news/6298/current 

Gaijin has just presented this new vehicle.

Since rumors have already circulated that cast doubt on its actual existence, I put here this photo taken from:"Oto-Melara 1905-2005/Una grande tradizione verso il futuro, N.Pignato, F.Cappellano, A.Rastelli" 

20190726_202852.jpg

Edited by qwert96
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

Nice find. I for one am very excited for this vehicle and look forward to playing with it. 

Any more information on the vehicle to post from that book? :)  

4 minutes ago, *Le_Mofoman said:

Any info on the gun performance?

One moment please...

The APFSDS projectile flew at an initial speed of 1,600 meters-per-second and was able to penetrate the side armor (15 – 79 mm thick) of two T-62’s, side-by-side, at 2,000 m. At maximum, the dart could penetrate 120 mm of armor, angled at 60 Degrees, at a distance of 2,000 m.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar-chile-m-60-sherman-hvms/

Edited by NoodleCup31
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, *Le_Mofoman said:

What ever the performance, there will be few more Italian vehicles coming to game that have this gun on board after this one.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, *Le_Mofoman said:

3KkPVHT.jpg

49 minutes ago, Ruthless95 said:

What ever the performance, there will be few more Italian vehicles coming to game that have this gun on board after this one.

As far as I understand this AUBL has earlier T60/70M turret(but maybe I'm wrong), so its reload is manual, but should still be very quick.

Edited by _Condottiero_
medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

As far as I understand this AUBL has earlier T60/70M turret(but maybe I'm wrong), so its reload is manual, but should still be very quick.

The fire rate may only be moderate because of the model’s manual reload mechanics

Soo i would say 8.7 base and 6.7 ace

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 minutes ago, OprahDid911 said:

The fire rate may only be moderate because of the model’s manual reload mechanics

I think 6.5 base and 5.0 ace.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

52 minutes ago, OprahDid911 said:

8.7s to reload a 60mm cartridge with a laughable 4kg weight would be a joke.

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, MuhAbroomz said:

I think 6.5 base and 5.0 ace.

will see but 5.0 ace is not moderate it's fantastic ..  i don't mind the 5sec but than the BR should be at least 8.3

"8.7s to reload a 60mm cartridge with a laughable 4kg weight would be a joke." just like 9.7s base for AMX-10?

Edited by OprahDid911
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, OprahDid911 said:

just like 9.7s base for AMX-10?

105mm > 60mm

3.8kg (for the projectile alone) > 1.35kg (for the projectile alone)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

3KkPVHT.jpg

Without doing the calculator on APFSDS performance and taking the description of the penetration at face value.

We could be expecting a similar performance to the 90mm APFSDS from the T95E1 which depending on where it's placed in BR ((below 9.0 for sure, maybe 8.0 / 8.3)), is more than enough to handle any targets it faces.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Gaijin never balances a weakly armoured vehicle that has a great gun based on its gun, it balances it on its survivability. At least in Italian trees (90/53 at 3.7 while having a gun that is competitive at 5.3). And also premiums usually get more favourable br compared to regular tech tree vehicles. I’ll be surprised if this vehicle is going to be higher than 8.0. The ideal br for it is 7.7.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pavel said:

105mm > 60mm

3.8kg (for the projectile alone) > 1.35kg (for the projectile alone)

Don't forget to compare the compartments, in the AMX-10 the loader has bigger and more comfortable space

3 hours ago, OprahDid911 said:

Don't forget to compare the compartments, in the AMX-10 the loader has bigger and more comfortable space

I know but double the weight and length is still double the weight and length. Try lifting a box full of bricks and a shoe box on a small room then in a big garage, the bricks will still take more time to get raised.

20 hours ago, Ruthless95 said:

The ideal br for it is 7.7.

Oh boy, time to bully heavies even more. 

This will fit in greatly with my R3 T106 FA, AUBL/74 R3, T20 FA-HS lineup

23 hours ago, Dr_Pavel said:

8.7s to reload a 60mm cartridge with a laughable 4kg weight would be a joke.

Meanwhile the object 906 reloads in 4.3 seconds with it's 85mm shells.

medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, benboy24 said:

*Autoloader*

T92 over here w 5s reload :P

21 hours ago, Ruthless95 said:

Gaijin never balances a weakly armoured vehicle that has a great gun based on its gun, it balances it on its survivability. At least in Italian trees (90/53 at 3.7 while having a gun that is competitive at 5.3). And also premiums usually get more favourable br compared to regular tech tree vehicles. I’ll be surprised if this vehicle is going to be higher than 8.0. The ideal br for it is 7.7.

Must be why the FIAT 6614 and AUBL/74 is sitting at 6.3 / 6.7 despite being able to get penned frontally by 7mm or 12.7mm MG. Or the US M56 with a gun comparable to the M48's

Plus the thing has a stabilizer + APFSDS. Having it lower than the T95E1 isn't balanced in any respect, no fair when the next comparable vehicle is the AMX-10RC. Also, where does it say it's a premium? Pretty sure it's just an event vehicle with no premium status attached to it like last year's IS-7 or these event vehicles

https://warthunder.com/en/news/4416-special-war-thunder-winter-holiday-en

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, lVrizl said:

Also, where does it say it's a premium? Pretty sure it's just an event vehicle with no premium status attached to it like last year's IS-7 or these event vehicles

https://warthunder.com/en/news/4416-special-war-thunder-winter-holiday-en

Introducing 6 new premium vehicles for tankers, pilots and sailors!

https://warthunder.com/en/news/6293-special-operation-h-e-a-t-en

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1