Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
parvo

Thank you for the better matchmaking

49 posts in this topic

I've also seen an improvement. Low tiers face low tiers more often (which is good when no Chaikas are involved), and the British (without USA) maps are generally quite evenly matched, even with the enemy starting a lot higher on 2 maps.

4 vs 4 matches are not very fun though, I'd rather wait in the queue to see 2 or 3 of those put together. Still, more evenly matched is more evenly matched.

I used to encounter D-12 / D-13s in my Spitfire IX

Dude, that's supposed to happen. WoT has a tier spread of 2, which in WT translates to 4-5, so you should see Doras flying the Spit IX. Now, if you were seeing Doras flying the Spit Vb, that would be bad.

I can not see what WoT tier spreads have to do with WT.

Simple. WoT's tier spread is good, thus WT's tier spread should be comparable. You can't expect a 2 point tier spread in a 20 tier game.

"Good" is a very subjective matter when it comes to two games that feature entirely different types of military hardware.

Yet the 2 games are astoundingly similar when talking about the various gaming elements. One of those elements is the tiering system, and I am sure the similarities to WoT are very much deliberate.

"Good" is a very subjective matter when it comes to two games that feature entirely different types of military hardware.

I agree that the hardware is significantly different, but that only serves to reinforce my point. It's way, way easier to kill a plane 4 tiers higher than yours in WT, than it is to kill a tank 2 tiers higher than yours in WoT.

Now, I agree that the tighter the spread the better, and ideally we should see a spread of 0-2 tier, even in WT, but there really aren't enough players for that.

You are missing the point.

WoT has no side restriction, just like Arcade mode.

That means the MM is free to stagger the teams to avoid one sided game.

In War Thunder HB if one side refuses to fly low tier planes it ends in disaster.

As to Match Making: Gaijin made it faster to attract more people from Arcade. It now takes 2-3 minutes maximum to put together a really empty game at Bulge.

The tier spread is fine but I would really rather wait 10 minutes.

MM is not broken there is simply a lack of players.

We could go back to disabling factions. Or disable tiers available in HB to force players to play low-mid tiers everybody already owns instead of sitting at tier 15-20.

We could go back to disabling factions. Or disable tiers available in HB to force players to play low-mid tiers everybody already owns instead of sitting at tier 15-20.

Ugh no~

MM is not broken there is simply a lack of players.

Circular logic.

One way to force people into low-mid tiers is a harsher economy...

The other way is to make low-mid tiers fun to play.

Mad low tiers?

What?

One way to force people into low-mid tiers is a harsher economy...

The other way is to make low-mid tiers fun to play.

Or just make low tiers profitable again.

Gaijin reduced the profits of flying higher tiers but bots give rewards anyway, feeding cash into economy. Not sure if intended.

Low tiers take forever to grind a good sum of lions or get a level of experience. I do not think scraping up for repairs that way will work. Only enthusiasts and new players will play those.

It's not like MM is actually working, you are still fighting an uphill battle in tiers 3-5.

Limiting tiers or nations can force people back into Arcade.

I vote for increased wait times if it helps.

Or just make low tiers profitable again.

People would be half forced to fill the low tiers for money? I'd rather go with the fun.

People would be half forced to fill the low tiers for money? I'd rather go with the fun.

Low tiers are plenty fun already. Don't see how you would want to improve them.

The only thing making the low tiers no fun is the occasional invasion of roflstomp by planes double the tier.

Low tiers are plenty fun already. Don't see how you would want to improve them.

The only thing making the low tiers no fun is the occasional invasion of roflstomp by planes double the tier.

That would be one.

The fun is not guaranteed. Sometimes just by looking at the team lists, you know you should quit immediately. Usually I am too lazy to do so, and thus end up speding a few minutes in queue and a few minutes flying to my certain doom knowing that only little fun will be included.

In those battles, I know I will get shot down. Even getting a heroic balancer kill will not fix it, as a sentiment of hopelessness and frustration is rarely fun.

That would be one.

The fun is not guaranteed. Sometimes just by looking at the team lists, you know you should quit immediately. Usually I am too lazy to do so, and thus end up speding a few minutes in queue and a few minutes flying to my certain doom knowing that only little fun will be included.

In those battles, I know I will get shot down. Even getting a heroic balancer kill will not fix it, as a sentiment of hopelessness and frustration is rarely fun.

So fix the matchmaker. We've been through this already.

So fix the matchmaker. We've been through this already.

Heh... It's the circle of life: fix the matchmaker -> populate the lower tiers to fix matchmaking -> fix matchmaking to populate the lower tiers, and so on...

By the way, there are also significant balance issues in lower tiers, though you tend to not notice those so much as the MM gets all the attention.