FURUTAKA kind of a disappointment

_Erika_Hartmaan_

Disclaimer I do not mean to rant but rather to share my experience with this vessel which I finally unlocked .

It sadly is a very slow vessel and the turrets rotate even slower and the ROF is at a snail pace at best and you are lucky to even fire a volley off for ranging purpose before enemy salvos from "smaller" caliber cannon shells seemingly takes out all three of your turrets effortlessly from 3/4 of the map away . Your "new" ship with 680 officers & crew they are seemingly unable to "fix" anything until you "unlock" the tool set (because the Navy which you serve deem it necessary to lock the tools needed to fix a ship mid battle until you earn enough exp to unlock them or "pay" them with a bribe of golden eagles [which i did frustratingly after scuttling the ship many times after it became nothing but a giant shell magnet as all the weapons were knocked out ] )

The shell it fires also seem to suffer from some sort of illness as they "detonate" just before reaching the target doing little to no DMG ( no-wonder I couldn't seem to even sink a sub-chaser that time )

but once they actually do hit and explode as intended it does seem to do a decent amount of DMG . However I personally wound still favor the Agano's ROF and ability to lay down a decent damage blanket on my targets .

lastly the anti aircraft capability is virtually non existent with this ship when enemy planes fly over any other nations top cruisers you can see a barrage of  multi layer AA Flak , fly a plane and you risk flying on to heavy flak . . except the Furutaka which at this point feels like nothing more then a HUGE floating target  .

I sincerely hope this ship is replaced with the Mogami class Cruisers with either duel heavy guns x5 or triple gun turrets X5 15cm cannons .

if we can get the IJN Suzuya (Mogami class) 1944 refits that would be perfect ! Seriously I feel the Furutaka is severely lacking atm when compare to other nations top line of ships .

It's only a massive vessel and nothing else , even a PT boat will sink you with one torpedoe . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cruiser_Suzuya_(1934)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogami-class_cruiser

I actually have a 1/700 scale model of the Suzuya it is quite impressive ~

Edited by _Erika_Hartmaan_
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

I noticed the airburst shells in test drive too, seems to be a bug that the default HE acts as a timed fuze shell. Its reload is also significantly slower than the Kako's (although that's more of the Kako having too fast RoF like the Kirov) so overall it does feel like a downgrade with the decreased turret count. That being said, the Kako is amazing with its ability to destroy the magazines of most of the cruisers in game with high blast radius HE (including the Brooklyn)

medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, ReimuHakurei_ said:

I noticed the airburst shells in test drive too, seems to be a bug that the default HE acts as a timed fuze shell. Its reload is also significantly slower than the Kako's (although that's more of the Kako having too fast RoF like the Kirov) so overall it does feel like a downgrade with the decreased turret count. That being said, the Kako is amazing with its ability to destroy the magazines of most of the cruisers in game with high blast radius HE (including the Brooklyn)

I actually might go back to the Kako XD that ship is a absolute killer , disregard the AA and limited torpedoes and focus on ship to ship action .

A sequential volley of 6 shells from it's main gun firing broadside can obliterate a destroyer sometimes ! a most satisfying feeling indeed .

medal medal medal medal

OKAY . . i just notice something , unlocked one of it's  200mm time fuze delay shell , cost 70L per shell !?   what !!!  all the rest of the other ships like Nurenberg & Kirov etc only cost 10L .

while the 120mm only cost 4L per shell another bug ?

Edited by _Erika_Hartmaan_
medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, _Erika_Hartmaan_ said:

Hmm I cant find the economical tab , could you do it ?

I meant the economy discussions, which we have from time to time:

That is not about module cost but a thing you could try if you don't want to open a bug ticket or a suggestion on your own.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 01/07/2019 at 21:12, _Erika_Hartmaan_ said:

Disclaimer I do not mean to rant but rather to share my experience with this vessel which I finally unlocked .

It sadly is a very slow vessel and the turrets rotate even slower and the ROF is at a snail pace at best and you are lucky to even fire a volley off for ranging purpose before enemy salvos from "smaller" caliber cannon shells seemingly takes out all three of your turrets effortlessly from 3/4 of the map away . Your "new" ship with 680 officers & crew they are seemingly unable to "fix" anything until you "unlock" the tool set (because the Navy which you serve deem it necessary to lock the tools needed to fix a ship mid battle until you earn enough exp to unlock them or "pay" them with a bribe of golden eagles [which i did frustratingly after scuttling the ship many times after it became nothing but a giant shell magnet as all the weapons were knocked out ] )

The shell it fires also seem to suffer from some sort of illness as they "detonate" just before reaching the target doing little to no DMG ( no-wonder I couldn't seem to even sink a sub-chaser that time )

but once they actually do hit and explode as intended it does seem to do a decent amount of DMG . However I personally wound still favor the Agano's ROF and ability to lay down a decent damage blanket on my targets .

lastly the anti aircraft capability is virtually non existent with this ship when enemy planes fly over any other nations top cruisers you can see a barrage of  multi layer AA Flak , fly a plane and you risk flying on to heavy flak . . except the Furutaka which at this point feels like nothing more then a HUGE floating target  .

I sincerely hope this ship is replaced with the Mogami class Cruisers with either duel heavy guns x5 or triple gun turrets X5 15cm cannons .

if we can get the IJN Suzuya (Mogami class) 1944 refits that would be perfect ! Seriously I feel the Furutaka is severely lacking atm when compare to other nations top line of ships .

It's only a massive vessel and nothing else , even a PT boat will sink you with one torpedoe . . .

Yes it is a slow ship... but when you lean how to play it... it is pretty good... I think i done ok in it so far even it is only half spaded out.

Its guns are slow but precise and its torpedoes are super efficient but i still think the Agano is a better ship.

2019-07-04.png

Edited by Fungusar_DK
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, wulfalier said:

Do anyone know why Japan never uparmored their turrets on cruisers?

they were arleady top heavy by desing with affected negativley their stability.

medal medal

16 minutes ago, wulfalier said:

So that is why they never add armor on turret?

I imagine it was far more complex than for just a single reason to be the reason why, may be the IJN figured that being proof against shrapnel was enough

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

I guess if they add even larger ship classes into the game in the future, the Furutaka will at least be able to penetrate them, while other cruisers at the same BR would struggle. I enjoyed my time trolling higher tier battleships with my Furutaka in that other warship game...

• Confused 2

On 29/09/2019 at 14:59, Praevasc said:

I guess if they add even larger ship classes into the game in the future, the Furutaka will at least be able to penetrate them, while other cruisers at the same BR would struggle. I enjoyed my time trolling higher tier battleships with my Furutaka in that other warship game...

Except the Furutaka AP performs worse than other nations 6 inch AP past 10000 meters.

• Sad 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The Furutaka isn't all that great tbh. The Agano is a much better choice and I barely used the Furutaka before I unlocked the Mogami. The Agano is more versatile being able to take out both DDs and CLs effectively while CAs like the Furutaka are only good at taking down CLs and other CAs which are much less common. Even the Mogami isn't all that great due to the current meta and its much weaker than the Hipper due to it's poor secondary and AA armament. I would've much rather seen the 155mm Mogami because it probably would be the best ship in the game besides the aforementioned issues. The Mogami is definitely better than the Furutaka and has more of a use, but it won't perform all that great until we get a 1944 retrofit to it.

• Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

IJN203mmAP bullet is meaningless against kirov 13km away:facepalm:

Humiliating...
This game is enough to give the impression that the Japanese Navy is inferior to the German Navy.
Snail policy is wrong
Edited by *sobawasab
medal medal medal medal medal