DGFone

Unable to spawn into game, stuck at vehicle screen

I joined a random realistic battle today and ran into an issue that I had yet to come across. As a Linux user (though not sure if this is a platform specific issue), I am used to a very annoying bug that means that the first vehicle I spawn in with usually takes a good 30+ seconds to actually spawn in. It's irritating, but... I can work around that.

Today there was again the same issue where I am waiting for the game to finally realize that I was asking to actually start playing. Okay, it's taking its sweet time again, nothing new here. But then I realize: it's taking too long, as in, far too long. I type in chat, it shows up. A cap point gets captured, so I know the game is updating. Voice messages are playing, and I can see the map icons of people killing each other. Still no spawn. More caps get captured, one flips (gives an idea of how long I am waiting at this point).

I alt tab to check if I can find anything on the forums. Game running fine in the background, minus the fact that I am still in the vehicle select screen. I can hit the escape button and return to game with a bright red join battle button, but clicking it produces no results. People are also replying to my rather annoyed messages in chat, so again, more signs that the game is updating and is not frozen. Game ends with me still in the vehicle select screen, so it's off to fetch the log files.

Also, I had a golden eagles wager running, so I wasn't exactly able to achieve the "destroy at least one enemy vehicle" requirement. We also lost, but we were down a player for the entire game, so there was always a chance that we could have swung it. But there's not much I can do from the map screen. Look, I realize I might come off as rather annoyed, but what can I say? It's one thing to play bad while running the wager, but to not even get the chance? And again, at the end of the day, a wager is just a wager. I can always unlock another one, plus, if I really wanted to, I can suck it up and buy some GE to unlock the vehicles I want (not that they are on sale, but whatever). But being stuck in the vehicle select screen - well, it's not much of a game, is it?

Linux specific data, should it prove useful:

System info: Ubuntu 18.04 x64, LXDE desktop environment. GNOME 3.28.2, Kernal 4.15.0-52-generic, GCC version 7 (x86_64-linux-gnu), Xorg version 1.19.6 (25 October 2018  04:11:27PM)

CPU: Intel 4690, GPU: NVIDIA 980, NVIDIA driver 418.56

RAM: 32GB. War Thunder running on HDD (not SSD).

War Thunder client version: 1.89.1.78

Steps to reproduce bug: Realistic mixed battles selected, click on join battle. Upon game loading in, select vehicle and spawn point, wait. Wait some more... profit?

Clog file attached as well.

2019_06_26_20_22_45__10078.clog

medal

Update for the issue:

While I logged into War Thunder yesterday, I didn't try playing any games. Today I gave it a go... and still stuck at the map screen. Something I didn't try in the first game was to change the selected vehicle and/or spawn location. I tried that, and no progress. Still stuck at the vehicle select screen.

NEW UPDATE:

I was able to get into the game by pressing the escape key to get into the menu to return to hangar, then canceling that back into the vehicle select screen. Instead of clicking on the big red "join battle" button, I clicked on the small one above the vehicle itself. This seemed to do the trick as I was able to spawn in.

Edited by DGFone
medal

I've just had this same issue for the first time, except I'm on Windows. Was in the middle of a match, everything was going smoothly, no connection problems, no computer problems. I die and go to respawn, except I can't. Hitting "To Battle" switches it to "Cancel", but clicking that doesn't do anything further. I can spectate, check the leaderboard, go to the escape menu and everything, the latter two reset the "To Battle" button, but clicking it does nothing again.

It's really annoying considering it was my first match in a short while, after taking a break from other frustrating matters. I watched my team turn the battle around from my prison that was the spawn screen, telling both teams my issue, the only response being "Just leave the game, it's not a great one anyway." I did end up leaving the match, my crew locked and no longer excited to play this game for today.

Now admittedly, something similar of the sort has happened before, usually when I try to respawn late in a game, it takes a lot longer than it would usually, but I just ignored it for the most part.

medal

Ive been getting the same.

Every now and again, in Tank RB and AB. Both on my old PC (I5-4690/Rx480) and my new one (R7 2700x/RX 5700)
The exit to hanger&cancle trick mentiond above dosn't tend to work for me.

Edited by jcw99
More information
medal medal medal