AMX-10 RCR & SEPAR modification.

187 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see AMX-10 RCR in-game?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want to see AMX-10 RCR SEPAR modificattion in-game if AMX-10 RCR is added?

• Yes
    • No
    • I said no to previous question.

French wheeled  SPG. 

image.png.18d61ceab8067e9705045f55ab05e4   image.png.0f4731b042435ecf9f9379825de42e

Hi. I would like to suggest a new vehicle and a modification for it. Unfortunatly, I do not have all the informations about these vehicles. I will share you as much information as I could find.

AMX-10 RCR:

AMX10RC-SEPAR.png

The AMX-10 RCR (Roues Canon Revalorisé or Wheels Cannon Upgraded) is an upgraded version of the 1980s AMX-10 RC. 

In 1994 the french army decided to retrofit and modernize the existing AMX-10 RC. It was supposed to give the tank a new turret and gun, applique armor and others.

But due to budget cutbacks, the result of this upgrade only includes the following:

-Electonics:

-SIT-VI battlefield management system

-LIRE infrared missile jammer*

-new thermal camera*

-GALIX system (smoke, explosive grenades or IR decoys)

-Turret extension for electronic equipements

*maybe this could be added as new in-game mechanics

-Armament:

-new HEAT round ( I suppose the current OCC 105 F3 )

-Protection:

-side skirts and add-on armor on the front of the vehicle and the sides of the turret (I don't have much details)

-Mechanization & mobility:

-new gearbox

-new hydropneumatic suspension (this needs to be improved in-game) control system

-tire pressure control.

Due to the heavy weight of all these equipements, the vehicle is no longer amphibious. The water jets have been removed.

For comparison:

image.png.8a95c3af33ab68e7be1953838611d0       image.png.6a711b1f9746e6cb2180709d607e6f

This vehicle could be placed with the AMX-10 RC in a shared slot (like ST-A1 & ST-A2 for example) or right after it in the tech tree, maybe with BR 8.3.

And now the SEPAR modification.

SEPAR modification:

AMX10RC-SEPAR-low.png

The SEPAR modification ( SystèmE de Protection EEI pour AMX 10RCR or IED Protection System for AMX-10RCR ) replaces the side skirts from the front to the middle of the vehicle by heavy armor plates. This modification is designed for Afghanistan and offers a better protection against EEI ( Improvised Explosive Device). This kit represents the practical limit the suspension can carry. The tank weights now in total 22 t.

For comparison:

image.png.6a673f07ccad6efad8480a55f1f9a1  image.png.7fb8e34be642f422a03d1588e6efa2

The SEPAR kit would be a tier IV modification for AMX-10 RCR, increasing survivability as the armor plates could portect the tanks against chemical rounds, but decreasing mobility as the weight increases.

For more pictures:

AMX-10 RCR

Spoiler

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "amx 10 rcr separ"

AMX-10RCR_upgraded_AMX-10RC_reconnaissan

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "amx 10 rcr"

Image associée

Image associée

Image associée

087a5c5c4853f94e58454e38f44ae661.jpg

6bbacb669af3fa2663d7b6eee082a927.jpg

AMX-10 RCR SEPAR

Spoiler

14431450.jpg

militaires-hussards-metz.gif?fit=1600%2C

JgHieME.jpg

Sources:

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/France/AMX-10-RC-RCR.php

https://www.chars-francais.net/2015/index.php/engins-blindes/blindes-a-roues?task=view&id=726

https://www.armyrecognition.com/french_army_france_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_uk/amx-10rcr_upgraded_reconnaissance_anti-tank_6x6_armoured_vehicle_data_sheet_specifications_pictures.html

I would like to know your opinion. Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

PS: This is my first suggestion, sorry for the lack of quality.

Edited by Blaze57530
Correction
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 17
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, leroyonly said:

Open for discussion. :salute:

Thank you sir :)

6 hours ago, Nicolaser said:

I was more thinking that the RCR would be a modification for the current amx 10RC and the separ becoming a new vehicle and then add a vextra or even an ebrc Jaguar on top of them

I also thought about it. The RCR is indeed the used RC sent back to workshop to become the RCR. But SEPAR is already a modification for RCR. For me it has more sense to make RCR a new vehicle.

If France is given a new wheeled vehicle line up in the future (which would be awesome), AMX-10 RCR and maybe Jaguar could sit at the top.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Blaze57530 said:

Thank you sir :)

I also thought about it. The RCR is indeed the used RC sent back to workshop to become the RCR. But SEPAR is already a modification for RCR. For me it has more sense to make RCR a new vehicle.

If France is given a new wheeled vehicle line up in the future (which would be awesome), AMX-10 RCR and maybe Jaguar could sit at the top.

Without stab? No way unless gaijin decides to move to realistic stab+ realistic reload on movement 

• Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

i support it but i kinda already had suggested it.

they often pass it to implemented once a single of the suggested vehicles is implemented. it could be so much easier if they spend a few more days of development to implement all the variants of the same tank together in a bundle. like when they had the AMX 10RC they could just add the RCR and Separ fallowing the line at the same time. so you have 3 tanks for the same update with 2 of them having a minimal requirement of development as they are mostly identical to the main version and only need a few modification at some place.

Edited by CaID

On 28/07/2019 at 16:23, CaID said:

it could be so much easier if they spend a few more days of development to implement all the variants of the same tank together in a bundle. like when they had the AMX 10RC they could just add the RCR and Separ fallowing the line at the same time. so you have 3 tanks for the same update with 2 of them having a minimal requirement of development as they are mostly identical to the main version and only need a few modification at some place.

Yeah I agree, but... It's Gaijin... I don't know how they work but this isn't very efficient indeed. I don't expect to see the RCR and the SEPAR very soon. They should fix the actual 10 RC in-game first (wainting since already half a year), or they will have to fix the same issues on 3 vehicles.

On 01/08/2019 at 17:46, Blaze57530 said:

Yeah I agree, but... It's Gaijin... I don't know how they work but this isn't very efficient indeed. I don't expect to see the RCR and the SEPAR very soon. They should fix the actual 10 RC in-game first (wainting since already half a year), or they will have to fix the same issues on 3 vehicles.

two in one. they could fix the issues while they work implementing the AMX 10RCR and Separ. they would had already some developers working on the AMX 10RC family, that would be easier to fix it on the side than just put a developer to just fix it. keep in mind, fixing a bug do not bring much cash to them but adding vehicles do. that may matter when the decide their effort priority. the salary still need to be paid. they also have schedules to respect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2019 at 19:16, CaID said:

two in one. they could fix the issues while they work implementing the AMX 10RCR and Separ. they would had already some developers working on the AMX 10RC family, that would be easier to fix it on the side than just put a developer to just fix it. keep in mind, fixing a bug do not bring much cash to them but adding vehicles do. that may matter when the decide their effort priority. the salary still need to be paid. they also have schedules to respect.

Okay but what's the point to release a new glitched vehicle if it can't show it's full potential in battle? It's like buying a car that can't run properly and you can't do anything to fix it...

• 8 months later...

Hm.... we need stabilized tanks, not wheeled vehicles with a bit of more armor, that it's useless cause you can not face to face in CQC you go to spot, on the flanks, but most of times you face a centauro, who has stab, or a Rad90 who has stab, and you bounce and bounce until your weapon is stab then you burn in fire and blame on this tank, cause you put lot of expectatives on it, and cause gaijin don't know how to implement a wheeled vehicle and this supension is a mess.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't support this suggestion.

Firstly, the SEPAR mine-protection kit would hamper the in-game AMX-10 RC whose mobility is already limited. In addition, AT mines, IEDs and RPG-7 are not encountered in War Thunder.

Secondly, the RCR is a modernization program from the 2000s, these specific upgrades will have no significant impact on the current in-game AMX-10 RC.

Thirdly, the OCC 105 F3 is the only HEAT-FS round ever used by the AMX-10 RC, since the beginning (OCC 105 F1 and F2 were used by the AMX-30 high-pressure F1 105 mm gun).

The only good decision Gaijin could make would be to implement the add-on armor modification since high-hardness steel plates were fitted on the 10 RC since the 1990s.

Edited by Auto_tracking
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

On 09/05/2020 at 20:57, Nicolaser said:

Is the new thermal camera a 2nd gen one? Does the rcr bring a commander thermal

Three models of thermal imagers can be found on the AMX-10 RCR :

• DIVT 16C : slightly cheaper version (1999) of the original DIVT 16 (1987), the DIVT 16C is the most commonly used by the AMX-10 RCR.
  • DIVT 18 : lighter and way cheaper version of the DIVT 16, no electronic zoom and lower resolution.
  • DIVT 19 : the rarest, it features a different control panel.

The RCR still has the old M389 panoramic day sight.

Edited by Auto_tracking
medal

1 hour ago, Auto_tracking said:

Three models of thermal imagers can be found on the AMX-10 RCR :

• DIVT 16C : slightly cheaper version (1999) of the original DIVT 16 (1987), the DIVT 16C is the most commonly used by the AMX-10 RCR.
  • DIVT 18 : lighter and way cheaper version of the DIVT 16, no electronic zoom and lower resolution.
  • DIVT 19 : the rarest, it features a different control panel.

The RCR still has the old M389 panoramic day sight.

Well if the rcr bring a better resolution for the thermal I'm for it (as a modification kit like bmp2)

Edited by Nicolaser
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 11/05/2020 at 21:33, Nicolaser said:

Well if the rcr bring a better resolution for the thermal I'm for it (as a modification kit like bmp2)

It doesn't, the RCR uses the same thermal imagers family as the 10 RC.

medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Milocat said:

+1, this would be a perfect add-on modification to add to the game.

The RCR is quite different from the regular AMX-10RC, the SEPAR is the add-on modification :yes_yes_yes:

medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, SoupMcT@psn said:

Completely support this to help France in the upper tiers.

This would not help it. Actually RCR and SEPAR would be inferior to the actual amx10 rc bieng slower and not amphibious. The separ modification could make it harder to hullbreak but thats about it . These modifications if implemented should come as reaserchable modulesthat you can decide to take or not but not as new vehicles

Personally id much prefer seethe EIREL APS as reaserchable module on the one that is already in the game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, Tantor57 said:

This would not help it. Actually RCR and SEPAR would be inferior to the actual amx10 rc bieng slower and not amphibious. The separ modification could make it harder to hullbreak but thats about it . These modifications if implemented should come as reaserchable modulesthat you can decide to take or not but not as new vehicles

Personally id much prefer seethe EIREL APS as reaserchable module on the one that is already in the game.

The big difference is that the AMX-10RC we have in game doesn’t have a stabilized gun. These would solve that issue that the since they were made with stabilized guns.

medal medal medal medal