Maintenance%20(1).jpg

• Mission points, which players receive for active actions in Combined Battles while flying aircraft now correspond to the earnings whilst playing ground or fleet vehicles depending on the selected game mode.
  • The ability to exchange World War mode prize coupons for coupons of the previous place has been added.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Stona said:

Mission points, which players receive for active actions in Combined Battles while flying aircraft now correspond to the earnings whilst playing ground or fleet vehicles depending on the selected game mode.

so aircraft finally don't get three times the points for doing the same stuff as tanks?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This makes it harder to reach high battle scores whenever required (like the usual "reach a score of 2000 or above" as a task in events). 

I hope future event requirements will take into account the increased difficulty and lower the required score a bit. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

• Mission points, which players receive for active actions in Combined Battles while flying aircraft now correspond to the earnings whilst playing ground or fleet vehicles depending on the selected game mode.

My apologies if I sound dense asking, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly.

Does this mean that if I'm playing RB Ground and I fly an aircraft, my SL earnings from bombing tanks, shooting down aircraft, etc. will now be more inline with those that I would receive were I to kill the same tank using a tank rather than an airplane?

If that is true, then that is a definite step in the right direction as there is too great of a disparity between earnings from taking actions in RB Ground in an aircraft as opposed to using a ground vehicle.

My extension to the topic is, were the rewards for ground vehicle actions increased to match that of aircraft, or were the rewards for air vehicle actions reduced to match that of ground vehicles? I would hope the former is true since currently the rewards for ground vehicle actions are, comparatively, very low. Reducing the "earnings" for aircraft actions would only serve to foul one of the best options for sustainable "earnings" in Ground RB.

medal medal medal medal

I hope this change cuts down on the air spam in RB GF now that dirt darting won't automatically put you on top of the scoreboard.

medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

So I guess that means that point gain while flying in ground RB isn't as massively higher as anything you do on the ground anymore?

And if so, does that also go the other way around? Because shooting down anything flying also gives the player quite insane amounts of points, but I guess that does not matter as much since it is not as abusable as rushing CAS like it happens in any event that rewards placing first in the scoreboard.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello
I don't understand what does this part mean.
"Mission points, which players receive for active actions in Combined Battles while flying aircraft now correspond to the earnings whilst playing ground or fleet vehicles depending on the selected game mode. "

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Stona said:

Mission points, which players receive for active actions in Combined Battles while flying aircraft now correspond to the earnings whilst playing ground or fleet vehicles depending on the selected game mode.

It's good to see that the rate of earning score points has been balanced between tanks/ships and aircraft, the scoreboard will now be at least a bit more reliable indicator of player performance in combined battles. On the other hand, this removes the ability of aircraft to easily get score for events that require it (for example, one of the tasks of the first stage of last year's Operation S.U.M.M.E.R required getting 2000 score points). Hopefully this change will be taken into account when designing future score-based tasks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal

What are mission point?  Research points and spawn points I am familiar with.  Does it pertain to accruing crew skills?

medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Stona said:

After 4 years its finally here. Thank you!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, *SiamSmile said:

What are mission point?  Research points and spawn points I am familiar with.  Does it pertain to accruing crew skills?

Mission%20Points_89af79f7cca8e701df90867

• Like 1