Deranger79

New ammunition for 40 mm QF-2 Pounder

How about the ammo addition for the 2-Pounder?

Now has a new Shot Mk.1 APHV/T  and a new Shot Mk.1 AP/T (with 19 g explosive filler!)

So 7 (+2 premium) vehicles now get an upgrade.  Seems to be purely situational as the pen is only 65 mm @ 10 m (for the AP/T), but the rapid reload on these guns give it quite an edge (allowing for ammo change very quick mid-fight).

The APHV/T round has a higher velocity and maintains good penetration at long ranges.

  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how the Shot Mk.1 APHV/T is unlocked after the APCBC yet performs worse in every way. GG

 

Edited by KillaKiwi
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KillaKiwi said:

I like how the Shot Mk.1 APHV/T is unlocked after the APCBC yet performs worse in every way. GG

 

Almost every way, it has a higher M.V and holds its penetration better at ranges of 500m and above.

 

The new APHE round is a bit odd: https://streamable.com/agru2

 

It seems to act more like a high penetration HE round.

 

Edited by Time4Tea
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Time4Tea said:

Almost every way, it has a higher M.V and holds its penetration better at ranges of 500m and above.

 

The new APHE round is a bit odd: https://streamable.com/agru2

 

It seems to act more like a high penetration HE round.

 


That's because they didn't even bother to put a FUSE to the shell before they put it in the game! LOL! (No, i'm serious. Look at the stat card for the shell! )

 

The moment I noticed that, I immediately knew how this round was gonna behave when I took the A13 Mk II 1939 out on a test drive. xD 

Edited by *ACR-N64
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought historically the early British shells didn't have explosive filler? Shouldn't this new Mk1 AP/T shell be called APHE/T ?

 

If they're now going down the unhistorical route, then why not add some new explosive filler to the 6-pounder and 75mm shells as well?

Seems very odd to me, but welcomed by a lot of players I suppose

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoryWatt18 said:

I thought historically the early British shells didn't have explosive filler? Shouldn't this new Mk1 AP/T shell be called APHE/T ?

No it shouldn't British shell designation and desgine is a bit odd compared to other nation's (as is evident in everything beeing measured in by the mass of the shot note it's diameter)

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Time4Tea said:

Almost every way, it has a higher M.V and holds its penetration better at ranges of 500m and above.

Which doesn't make sense because the it should have the same ballistics as the stock AP round.

33 minutes ago, *ACR-N64 said:

That's because they didn't even bother to put a FUSE to the shell before they put it in the game! LOL! (No, i'm serious. Look at the stat card for the shell! )

Appently Gaijins can't even spare 10 min to properly implements shells into the game.

  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TerikG2014 said:

No it shouldn't British shell designation and desgine is a bit odd compared to other nation's (as is evident in everything beeing measured in by the mass of the shot note it's diameter)

 

So we have evidence of 2-pounder shells designated as AP/T with explosive filler?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is also this from "Osprey New Vanguard: British Anti-Tank Artillery 1939-45":

Spoiler

t4dJb67.png

 

35 minutes ago, KillaKiwi said:

Which doesn't make sense because the it should have the same ballistics as the stock AP round.

Despite the higher velocity?

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah tried these after unlocking them and they are both pointless.   2 pounder at ranges over 500m isn't really worth it enough to carry 2 different rounds and the aphe does nothing post pen,  no shrapnel at all literally 0 and the round doesn't explode.   At their current state the original rounds are better. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

Yeah tried these after unlocking them and they are both pointless.   2 pounder at ranges over 500m isn't really worth it enough to carry 2 different rounds and the aphe does nothing post pen,  no shrapnel at all literally 0 and the round doesn't explode.   At their current state the original rounds are better. 

That is mostly because they haven't moddeled the fuse 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original bug report for these missing rounds:

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Time4Tea said:

Despite the higher velocity?

The APCBC has the better ballistics. If the APCBC penetrates more at close range than the high velocity AP, it should also do it at long range.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KillaKiwi said:

The APCBC has the better ballistics. If the APCBC penetrates more at close range than the high velocity AP, it should also do it at long range.

My mistake, I thought you were comparing the stock AP with the new APHV.

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am mostly playing 1.x vehicles and having lots of fun.  I notice the APHV round makes the B1 Bis vulnerable from the front, penetrating the front plate.  Mind you, I took out 3 B1 Bis in a row while I had a slight height adantage.  The APCBC (or whatever round) is still excellent for urban brawling but the HV round makes for a much easier time sniping.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s nice to finally see these in-game. I’ve found myself now using a mixture of the APCBC and the APHV rounds. 

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.