quadace

should players be able to opt out of a mission before it starts if its a complete uptier

ive been wondering this it came to me on my way back from the ww2 air show ive been getting ready to set up for the first weekend in june

and it hit me while i was on 81 for 4 hours

shoudl we have the option to pass a match that is a full BR above

honestly i see it hurting que times but i do see it has a real time way of showing gaijin how unbalanced the game is by how many people opt out of full uptier

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

a) You already have this option.  Hit ESC, click Return to Hangar.  You will then be crewlocked for a couple of minutes.  

b)  So, mate, what happens when you are top tier, and because of your sterling suggestion, everybody who is bottom tier then bails out of the match, leaving just you and the two top tiers in your team and the 3 top tiers in the opposition?  Effectively you are asking for a ZERO spread on BR.   For years people have been asking to reduce the BR spread from 1.0 to 0.7 to limit balancing issues (which I support as fairly reasonable), and Failjin have ignored all such entreaties, and yet here you immediately ask for a ZERO spread..........

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

No, that should not be an option and the poor sportsmanship should be reflected in your statistics.  Perhaps an apology to the teammates you left behind should be in order as well.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, gunthrum said:

No, that should not be an option and the poor sportsmanship should be reflected in your statistics.  Perhaps an apology to the teammates you left behind should be in order as well.

this isnt for me i go weither or not im uptiered and to be fair to both sides there are BR on all sides that consistently get uptiered and a good tank that suffers stock syndrom is a thing in all trees

5 hours ago, quadace said:

ive been wondering this it came to me on my way back from the ww2 air show ive been getting ready to set up for the first weekend in june

and it hit me while i was on 81 for 4 hours

shoudl we have the option to pass a match that is a full BR above

honestly i see it hurting que times but i do see it has a real time way of showing gaijin how unbalanced the game is by how many people opt out of full uptier

Just quit the match, nobody cares and it doesn't negatively do anything. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, DaffanZ said:

Just quit the match, nobody cares and it doesn't negatively do anything. 

i should say its before the match starts and yes it does quiting during or before a match causes a man short in game and it could tip the scales 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, quadace said:

i should say its before the match starts and yes it does quiting during or before a match causes a man short in game and it could tip the scales 

I was refer to OP, it does nothing bad to him the system he is asking for is already in the game. "Leave Battle"

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Gaijin uses uptiering as a progression balancing "feature" and will never give you the option to "opt out" without penalty, as has already been stated you can already do if you accept the crew lock.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Obviously...if this was to be implemented, would make much more sense to provide the option BEFORE.

As you have the "Join matches in progress", you could have the "Accept +1 uptiers"...those who didn't select it would then not be uptiered more than 0.7 BUT would accept longer queues...

The concept is the same...not sure what the effect would be...

In my case...i would accept the +1 uptier most times...HOWEVER...with 4,7 lineups i would probably NOT ACCEPT it...as i get the Tiger/Panther syndrome almost everytime...

2025310678_WarThunderScreenshot2019_04.2

yes.  

and in addition to this

0.0 uptier = flat payout

0.3 uptier = +30% RP and SL

0.7 up = +70%

1.0 up = 100% payout.  Volunteer for an uptier?  YES!  Kursk in this example.

You see, there are simple solutions that can make both parties happy.  

Edited by StankFaust
  • Upvote 3
medal

16 hours ago, Josephs_Piano said:

No - suck it up princess.

This so much. The last thing this game needs is more handholding.

7 hours ago, Klestius said:

Pointless to get slaughtered for the fun of the opposite side.

This can happen regardless of you being at tier, uptiered, or downtiered.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

This so much. The last thing this game needs is more handholding.

This can happen regardless of you being at tier, uptiered, or downtiered.

Not so radical...i think.

I dont care much about kill ratios and i have lots of satisfaction when i kill something difficult...BUT the uptier has an effect on what you can do in the game...

IN GENERAL the +1,-1 system allows any player to play and do something useful...but there are some BRs/Nations where this doens't work so well...

At least i think harder kills should be rewarded better, so players wouldnt mind uptiers so much...the "rank doesnt" matter and "balancer" could be better...or even more interesting the above suggestion of a %bonus when uptiered...

Yes, i had fun killing a Tiger with a M10...broad grin...

BUT i recall other occasions where i couldnt kill what i was facing...things like Jumbo, KV1s, armored TDs...becuase my gun could not penetrate anywhere...so a lot frowns here...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Can you imagine what the queue would be like if you let people cherry-pick matches so that they only play on a some of the maps and only when they are top BR? That would be compounded by the fact that there are BR's where some nations simply have little or nothing to use at all.

No, this is a bad idea. People need to just learn how to play on maps that might not be their favorite or when they are facing higher BR vehicles.

12 minutes ago, *GhostSoph said:

BUT i recall other occasions where i couldnt kill what i was facing

It is exceedingly rare to encounter another vehicle, even when fully uptiered, that you simply cannot kill at all. There are a few tanks that when top-tier in a match are nigh-impenetrable from the front but virtually every vehicle in the game is vulnerable to shots from the side.

I know people keep saying there is no teamwork in WT, it's not a team game, and so on, but I would say that winning or losing a match rests heavily on how well your team plays, not what vehicles they're using.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

Can you imagine what the queue would be like if you let people cherry-pick matches so that they only play on a some of the maps and only when they are top BR? That would be compounded by the fact that there are BR's where some nations simply have little or nothing to use at all.

(...)

It is exceedingly rare to encounter another vehicle, even when fully uptiered, that you simply cannot kill at all. There are a few tanks that when top-tier in a match are nigh-impenetrable from the front but virtually every vehicle in the game is vulnerable to shots from the side.

I voted somewhere on other topic AGAINST people being able to choose the map...

The choice to reduce uptier from +1 to +0,7 seems REASONABLE to me...ASSUMING it wouldn't break the game. I can live fine with +1.

I have a lingering suspicion that the game could have narrower BRs...but i admit i can be wrong...

The bonus rewards would be an anti-bitching incentive...but i guess players will always complain...like me here ;)

As you say...MOST TIME you can fight even vs +1 vehicles. But there are a few "scenarios" where this is more difficult...and the uptier becomes "painful"...i recall a few times vs KV1s where i don't think i could pen it, even from the side...perhaps 2pdr gun vs KV1?

I am pretty sure i would have used the "No +1" on a couple BRs...but not everytime...even less if it provided a bonus of some kind...

There was a phase were i would meet Jumbos on every 3,7 match...some rest from it would have been nice...

Or nowadays where i get Tigers/Panthers on all 4,7 games...

I guess the problem is when players THINK (not sure if real or perception issue) they are always overtiered...if it was really balanced i guess the issue would be less talked about...

At least it is something to think about...

Edited by *GhostSoph
  • Upvote 1

No, but you should be able to exclude certain maps like battle of britain or spain, especially at lower tiers.

medal medal medal

Players should be able to pick the maps they want with minimum like 4 maps. I hate huge maps specially Surroundings of Volokolamsk and Gaijoob™ matchmaker have the knack of putting low player count to huge map like 5v5.

But pick if uptier/downtier? No. Why? It's a matchmaker nightmare. What will happen is that nobody wants to be uptiered and the queue time will rise up dramatically as the matchmaker will only find you matches at the same BR.

I say suck uptier up, but let map preference and fix black hole BR range like P2W stomping br of 8.7.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/05/2019 at 22:25, PNS_SHOGUN said:

No, but you should be able to exclude certain maps like battle of britain or spain, especially at lower tiers.

Britain is fine; I believe you might be thinking Boulogn-sur-Mer?

medal medal

I've tried to suggest a system of excluding maps and/or game types - one where you would spend a small amount of GE to do so - say 1-10 GE total for up to 4 choices.......   it has failed to be accepted as a suggestion twice....... perhaps someone else can run with it?

my basic structure is that you would pay 1 GE to exclude 1 game type or map, 2 GE for a 2nd choice, 3 GE for a 3rd and 4 GE for a 4th - 4 exclusions max total, max cost 10 GE - PER GAME.

Sure you get longer queues, but hopefully not massively so, and also the micro-transactions provide Gaijin with a steadier stream of income so they can (maybe) move away from the model where they rely upon new content so much.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

EDITED initial comment as was in wrong topic.

IN GENERAL...i would like to have selectors for game modes/maps/BR ranges/whatever that i don't like...BUT i understand this has an effect on overall queues and playability...

As some examples...i am guessing some maps (Vnam, Italy,?) would lose more than half of the players...

Some game modes perhaps also...i would instantly remove those air scenarios with airfield domination if i could...

AS IT IS NOW...i end up playing those things  don't like...i am A BIT less pleased with the game...but i am present as player/opponent on things i would otherwise not play...not sure if positive?

And pretty sure +1 uptier would take a major hit...making it EVEN WORSE for those willing to accept it...i think...

Edited by *GhostSoph

5 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

i am guessing some maps (Vnam, Italy,?) would lose more than half of the players...

but isn't THAT a good thing?  Losing players on a specific map is exactly the type of metric that I think would make it through the to the devs.  They had something similar with people J'ing out before crew lock, though there was a lot of other noise buried in there.  If they now move to something like what I'm suggesting (hybrid Match Maker / customer choice), they'll be able to mine a tremendous amount of info on what people are ACTIVELY looking for and not passively being forced to accept.

We are the compass needle for the game as we are where the cash comes from.  They'll learn to listen to the customer or be replaced in the big scheme of things.  lots of exciting stuff out there in the pipeline

Edited by StankFaust
  • Like 1
medal

3 minutes ago, StankFaust said:

but isn't THAT a good thing?

We are the compass needle for the game as we are where the cash comes from.  They'll learn to listen to the customer or be replaced in the big scheme of things.  lots of exciting stuff out there in the pipeline

Not so simple...if only the most popular maps/game modes/vehicles/ETC are used we will soon be playing fortnite ;)

The game forces players to do lots stuff they didnt originally want...and lots stay and like.

I came to fly spitfires...ended up playing mostly tanks...and some i never had heard about...

Maps i like the variety...i think the game would lose a lot if we got to play only "popular maps"...

Filtering out some features i can agree. Full democracy would turn game into fortnite...

11 minutes ago, *GhostSoph said:

The game forces players to do lots stuff they didnt originally want...and lots stay and like.

i'll concede that I've been in some games that I was sure were gonna suuuck on maps I HATE that turned out to be alright, even good.  Those experiences, though, help shape my current position.  In other words, the few good games are not enough to outdo the fidelity killing experience that is usually the case on certain maps.

11 minutes ago, *GhostSoph said:

Maps i like the variety...i think the game would lose a lot if we got to play only "popular maps"...

I personally think ALL of the maps here kinda stink.  On my personal pareto chart, maps rank pretty high up there in things that hurt the game experience at the realistic game play level.  They lack the fidelity that we see in the vehicles themselves and favor small arcadish design styles.  They look like golf courses for links 1997

Allowing a customer to select may at first dry up the real stinkers and force all the play onto 50% or even less of the maps available (which I think is your concern) but if Gaijin pays attention they'll be able to add new maps that better fit the meta the customer is looking for, or revisit old maps to better align them with what kind of experience the customer is looking for.

there might be some ripping off of the bandaid, but it's time.  

Edited by StankFaust
medal