Ouiche

Patchnote 23.05.2019

Maintenance%20(20).jpg

• For participation in World War, players will receive «War Badges» which can be exchanged for the awards between the 19th of June and the 5th of July or trade them on the Market 21 days after obtaining the item (obtaining the item also includes its purchase on the market). The number of received badges will depend on the number of played battles and time spent in them.
    • «War badges» exchange rate for awards:
      • Spitfire F.Mk IXc coupon (Britain) = 60 badges
      • World War trophy (vehicle) = 30 badges
      • World War trophy (decoration) = 20 badges
  • The rating system for the «Best players of the season» scoreboard has been reviewed:
    • Now in the «Best players of the season» scoreboard, battles where  players played in the operations of their squadron will not be counted. Such battles will be counted as before in the «Best squadron of the season» scoreboard. It was not fair to include the rankings of squadron players in both season scoreboards simultaneously.
    • Part of the share that players received from the operations of their own squadron will be deleted from the «Best players of the season» scoreboard. Ratings of the «Best squadron of the season» scoreboard will not be changed.
  • A bug where a players WWM statistics were not displayed in the World War mode tab on the Squadron panel has been fixed (in the nearest server update).
  • Filters for types of participating vehicles has been added to the all battles window:
    • aircraft - only aircraft armies are participating in the battle for both sides.
    • army - only ground armies are participating in the battle for both sides
    • aircraft + army - ground and aircraft armies are participating in the battle (without any reference to sides)
  • A bug that caused player respawns outside the battle area on the [Defence] missions in the locations «Finland» and «Frozen Pass» has been fixed.
  • In ground battles in which an infantry army is participating on both sides, the chances of getting aircraft by players has been reduced.
  • A bug where the enemy tracking camera wasn’t working for aircraft has been fixed.
  • Balance edits for the «Operation «Nordwind»» scenario:
    • US infantry army:
      • M4A2 0 → 8
      • M4A2 (76) W 20 → 12;
    • German infantry army:
      • Jagdpanzer 38(t) 6 → 4;
      • Nashorn 6 → 4;
      • Pz.IV G 19 → 15;
      • Panther G 4 → 12;
    • German tank army:
      • Jagdpanzer 38(t) 28 → 16;
      • StuG III G 28 → 16;
      • Pz.IV G 16 → 24;
      • Panther G 12 → 25;
      • Jagdtiger 2 → 3;
      • Jagdpanther 4 → 6.

The War Thunder team

DmGordeev (Posted )

We appreciate your reaction to the changes in the World War mode award system and agree that the unique award for this season, the AMX-50, should remain unique and should be given only on the basis of the results of the scoreboards (leaderboards). So it will not be possible to exchange War Badges for the AMX 50, but you will still be able to exchange badges for other awards.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 18
  • Upvote 1

any info about how many battles/kill/activity/whatever we need to get one "war badge"

Plus, I restarted the client but I still don't see the world war tab in my squadron info, so I guess this patch is not live yet. Will it be live this afternoon or in the next days?

Edited by totonz
typo
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Can't we get rewarded the same time we play with our squadron? Great....
I just dropped from 100 too ~1000 because I don't usually do solo play in the world war mode and want to play with my squadron while maintaining my personal rating and getting squadron rating up.
All the hours I played with my squadron now ~30+ hours feels like wasted.
This was a huge mistake. I hope you can revert it.

• Upvote 8

Thank you gaijin for ruining everything , and actually f us over ^^ ,  i hope we are getting our badges for the previous work too , i hope.We thought world war mode was bad as it was , u just made it worse.With love Think , Zav0d and a bunch of other people and squadrons that just noticed the huge change , excuse me not change , but whole new event.Expect the squadrons and people to start writing byeeeee.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I thought this event was already just basiaclly who plays the most but now they made it even more like that. Ohh ye and basically all our hard work helping our squadron out went to waste

• Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Who is a smart guy in your team suggested this:

• Now in the «Best players of the season» scoreboard, battles where  players played in the operations of their squadron will not be counted. Such battles will be counted as before in the «Best squadron of the season» scoreboard. It was not fair to include the rankings of squadron players in both season scoreboards simultaneously.

It actually means that players punished for playing in squadron battles. Why people from small squadrons outside of top 25 are not allowed to get prize even for individual performance?  Such a great idea to change rules midseason! Hopefully, you'll revert it.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

The number of received badges will depend on the number of played battles and time spent in them.

So u are telling me that i can go to a battle do nothing there for as long as possible and i get the most badges..... GJ gaijin well done love u <3

Edited by F_lynx
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

We love it sooo much , ommggggg didnt expect such a good update .Also just heard that we are not gonna be given any badges for our previous work which means i wasted days and nights for nothing cause only starting saturday im getting badges , niceeeee ^^ :):D:good::lol2:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Why would you implement this mid through the season???????? You literally ruined the this season with this stunt people grinded for 2 weeks and they gotta do this all over with no compensation great job gajiin you did it again, you still know how to amaze me with your decisions keep it up :smile:.

Edited by Amriki
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh yeah and you announced this to be a tournament form event.

Now it will be NO skill involved.

World war matches will be players AFK waiting on their badges.

Market will be flooded with AMX-50 Surblindes.

Edited by Miksuu14

2 hours ago, Ouiche said:

• For participation in World War, players will receive «War Badges» which can be exchanged for the awards between the 19th of June and the 5th of July or trade them on the Market 21 days after obtaining the item (obtaining the item also includes its purchase on the market). The number of received badges will depend on the number of played battles and time spent in them.
    • «War badges» exchange rate for awards:
      • AMX 50 Surblindé» coupon (France) = 100 badges
      • Spitfire F.Mk IXc coupon (Britain) = 60 badges
      • World War trophy (vehicle) = 30 badges
      • World War trophy (decoration) = 20 badges
  • The rating system for the «Best players of the season» scoreboard has been reviewed:
    • Part of the share that players received from the operations of their own squadron will be deleted from the «Best players of the season» scoreboard. Ratings of the «Best squadron of the season» scoreboard will not be changed.

Here are some argumented issues and questions that are concerned about this "mid season rework".

1. Best players of the season:  definition of the term "best" : - excelling all others -  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/best

by this definition, best players are the ones that during the season excell more than others; DURING THE ENITRE SEASON, no matter if they play for squadron or not, players score was calculated by points earned during a game, either with his own squadron or in random operations. What is not fair is to rework an entire event based on skill and effort in the middle of it. it would be understandable to rework it for next season but this has never been done before. the feedback you based this on? please present it. Even if you find it, there would be 100x more feedback for the last workshop event, yet you did nothing there. 

It is fair to include the rankings of squadron players in both scoreboards because these people are being "the best players of the season"

2. Entire point of AMX cupons was the same as was the E100, if you have it , you are 90% of times a very good player, or in other case you have a lot of money. Now, its gonna be 90% you have some money to spend and 10% crazy for not just buying it.

3. There is no reason to make this a midseason update when people have already invested large amounts of their time into this event. Revert the changes untill the end of the season since and add these changes to season 2.

4. Explain better how to earn these points.  will they be retroactively added? what are the conditions for earning them? will the leaderboards still matter? and the most important of them all:  as of now, people DO NOT know why they are playing, explain us why are we playing and how do we play if these changes are not gonna be reverted.

Edited by AlphaSRB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Like everyone else here im having a really hard time trying to understand the reason for the reward changes, it's taken you guys years to come out with this mode and there's a lot of scrutiny on it. Then in the very first patch you dedide that there is no value in commanding operations or creating them, or playing with your squadron.

Why immediately turn the most supportive members of the player base against it? It's a terrible business decision, not least when you already have most you tube commentators saying its a terrible game mode.

And as a standalone game mode, they probably aren't wrong, battles are deliberately unbalanced because of the actions of the commanders, but now apparently you dont really want the teamwork or commanding elements to be rewarded at all so what's the point.

Who is world war mode supposed to be for?  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, AlphaSRB said:

How to get a badge?

Will the badges be awarded retroactively?

Will the tactical map commanders recive badges?

I can't give specifics at the moment to get a badge, sorry :(

The badges are not awarded retroactively, but it come in parallel to the existing 500 Amx 50s for individual players, and 20 tanks for the top 25 squadrons.

Tactical commanders won't get badges (for now at least), but we're thinking of a way to reward successful commanders.

14 minutes ago, Dungeon_Keeper said:

Who is a smart guy in your team suggested this:

It actually means that players punished for playing in squadron battles. Why people from small squadrons outside of top 25 are not allowed to get prize even for individual performance?  Such a great idea to change rules midseason! Hopefully, you'll revert it.

The idea behind this modification is to allow individual players to actually get in the top 500 individual players leaderboard - a lot of the top 25 squadrons are composed with the some of the most competitive players out there, and we were going to award them most of the AMX50s in effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

The badges are not awarded retroactively, but it come in parallel to the existing 500 Amx 50s for individual players, and 20 tanks for the top 25 squadrons

So, correct me if im wrong. There will be 500 for top individual players. 500 for top squadron player. And more for ppl who grind out with tokens?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Ouiche said:

I can't give specifics at the moment to get a badge, sorry :(

The badges are not awarded retroactively, but it come in parallel to the existing 500 Amx 50s for individual players, and 20 tanks for the top 25 squadrons.

Tactical commanders won't get badges (for now at least), but we're thinking of a way to reward successful commanders.

The idea behind this modification is to allow individual players to actually get in the top 500 individual players leaderboard - a lot of the top 25 squadrons are composed with the some of the most competitive players out there, and we were going to award them most of the AMX50s in effect.

So does the top 500 position even matter anymore if there are the badges...? According to this
 3162b51fa7549d33b7cfad2073c12b12.png
https://wiki.warthunder.com/Season:_Recon_under_fire

I guess we won't be getting badges for lost points on the leaderboard?
To be honest, really poor decision to change this this mid season.

• Upvote 1

Does this mean that the battles we all played before this change accounts to nothing? and that we have to grind everything again from the start?

medal medal medal medal

Since you decided to change the rules 1 and a half week into the event, transforming the "lost points" of the seasonal individual ranking into badges would be a great idea. Otherwise we are really feeling like all those hours have been wasted for nothing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1