Stona

Update 23.05.2019 (1.87.2.19)

US%20Navy_a436391dcc0153d0e69f8f78c928a4

• The displaying of the maximum speed in a vessels card in AB has been fixed.
  • A bug in the behaviour of the tracking camera after the destruction of an aircraft has been fixed.
  • The sound attenuation from an atgm when trying to fire has been fixed.
  • The battle speed in water for amphibian vehicles has been fixed.
  • The camera behavior when activating rear look in an ATGM on helicopters has been fixed.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, *andregiulio1996 said:

On PS4 the size of the update is 8.6 gb , that’s a lot , are you sure about that ?

Actual download should not be so big. Game should download only updated files, so it should be counted in MB.

Not sure if it happened in this update, but the tracks on the SMK are wonky, the left one has a gap where there is no track. It's just gone. Might wanna check on that guys. Just test drive the SMK and look at left track, you will see what I mean.

medal medal medal

Any changes to aircraft damage models and/or bomb blast damage radius in this update?

I've just done some test flights and custom missions (low level bombing practice) and my aircraft are consistently taking damage from my own bombs where they weren't previously.

Edited by oSCar
  • Upvote 3

I have found a new BUG. Fairly problematic as well and testable in the testdrive. The OTOMATICS LOCK-ON on planes BUGS OUT. The leadmarker is all over the place and jumps around the air-target. Hope it gets fixed soon. Please tell me, if its not showing up, then I will also provide screenshots and stuff.

Edit: Seems their is a similar problem with the German Gepard! I will provide some screenshots now! I hope the cellphone quality is no issue. I have also made a bugreport in the right forumsektion now.

Cheers! 

warthunderbug1.png

Warthunderbug2.png

Edited by Sturmkoenig
for the sake of clarity and general corrections
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

what happened to the airplanes bombs after this patch i got killed by my bomb after every dive bombing i did even from bigger distances i tried i got killed by my own bomb and did the do 335 premium got nerfed its machine guns or is it just the bombs oh and bomb seem to kill only my aircraft and not the tanks pls fix this the biggest reason why every one play this game is to use all planes and tanks don't make us quit the game bec some players only want tanks on tank RB pls iam very mad at this bec i love this game and play many hours the day and this really mess my game

• Upvote 2
medal medal

Absolutely no difference in speed for the LVT (the only amphibious tank I have, because Ka-Mi is weirdly not amphibious), still 10 km/h irrespective of gear with no reverse (there should be one, as the vehicle is propelled in the water with its tracks) and physics is still broken - hydrostatic forces are still not implemented for the vast majority of vehicles, and the ones that actually float are way more jumpy than in real life.

5 hours ago, oSCar said:

Any changes to aircraft damage models and/or bomb blast damage radius in this update?

I've just done some test flights and custom missions (low level bombing practice) and my aircraft are consistently taking damage from my own bombs where they weren't previously.

Yeah I also just noticed that and I'm testing it. The blast radius of bombs seems much higher now. I always used 0.5s as a bomb timer and that was enough to bomb ground units but now even 1.0s isn't enough depending on speed/distance. I think the numbers in the stat cards (especially blast radius) are still the same, maybe the actual radius in game was too low before and that got fixed?

Edited by TinyTinkerTank
typo
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

what does this mean? :) i dont quite get it though

I use Knots (kt) for my speed measurements. The speed I see when using the boats feels more like kilometers (km) instead. They may have had the 2 speeds mixed up because they use K as the first letter. I could be wrong, though.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 hours ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

what does this mean? :) i dont quite get it though

Something was lost in translation... :D

Original changelog summary here in russian:

• Исправлено отображение максимальной скорости в карточке корабля для режима Аркадных боёв.
  • Исправлено поведение камеры слежения при гибели самолёта (источник).
  • Исправлено затихание звука при попытке выстрелить из ПТУР (источник).
  • Исправлено значение боевой скорости для пуска ПТУР с воды для амфибий.
  • Исправлено поведение камеры при активации взгляда назад в режиме прицеливания ПТУР на вертолётах.

Which reads in Google Translate as:

Fixed display of maximum speed in the card of the ship for the mode of arcade battles.
Fixed the behavior of the security camera during the death of the aircraft (source).
Fixed silence when trying to shoot from an ATGM (source).
Fixed the value of the combat speed for launching an ATGM from amphibian water.
Fixed camera behavior when activating a look back in ATGM aiming mode on helicopters.

So I think they changed the maximum speed an amphibian vehicle can travel at when launching an ATGM. If the vehicle is floating too fast, the ATGM can't be fired.

It doesn't seem like they changed the regular speed of amphibian vehicles, only the max speed compatible with firing an ATGM on the move.

Edited by Appertizer
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Stona said:

Actual download should not be so big. Game should download only updated files, so it should be counted in MB.

Can confirm PS4 update took 1h and was 8gb...done 10h ago...

As it started I was expecting 1.89...a bit odd small fixes took a huge download...looked for the new units but they aren't there :(

(Some programmer ticked the "force full update" checkbox by mistake? ;) )

• Upvote 1

I think the 1.87.2.19 update just ran on my machine, and suddenly,

none of my Replays  will work - from even just a couple of days ago.

"This replay was recorded in an older version of the game not compatible

with the one in use, so it cannot be played back."

• Upvote 1