Weaponized_NaCl

Ataka Missile on Shturm-S

Ataka is already present ingame on Mi-35 !  Don't know how they work on ERA ingame tho . 

Edited by Raldi92
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 09/05/2019 at 19:04, Mr_Riddle59179 said:

With the Ataka atgm coming to the game, will they add the Tandem Charge mechanic ?, since it will be pretty useful to fight ERA covered vehicle

Ataka has the original version, already in game and most likely the one on the Shturm-S, and a modernized one which has the tandem warhead

medal medal medal

On 10/05/2019 at 00:04, Mr_Riddle59179 said:

With the Ataka atgm coming to the game, will they add the Tandem Charge mechanic ?, since it will be pretty useful to fight ERA covered vehicle

Tandem HEAT effect added, according to latest dev changelog.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

Just to let you know, i made a bug report on the performance of Tandem HEAT warheads which should be more effective against non-ERA armor. The issue is currently under investigation. If Gj corrects it, Ataka should be able to penetrate 1100mm RHA.

wOw

send the link, I would like to read + updoot 

medal medal

On 18/02/2020 at 21:15, Alan_Tovarishch said:

great post, lots of sources,

hopefully it will get changed soon

(and hopefully Sturm-S will not get a br raise along with it :P)

• Thanks 1
medal medal

Great work , upvote well deserved !  This being said for having made bug reports myself peoples shouldn't  expect anything to get fixed anytime soon .

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, EventAnyDamage said:

Just when you thought the Shturm-S and Atakas weren't buggy and broken enough.

Turns out they don't even detonate when hitting armour.

legit?

so their ATGMs are completely broken, sometimes fall off the launch rack, don't make contact with their targets, and don't penetrate the correct armour values (should be 1100mm of RHa).

and I couldn't wait for Kornet... sigh...

medal medal

7 hours ago, GoddePro said:

legit?

so their ATGMs are completely broken, sometimes fall off the launch rack, don't make contact with their targets, and don't penetrate the correct armour values (should be 1100mm of RHa).

Then you are gonna love Khrizantema (1500+ penetration, and supersonic like Shturm). I made a suggestion some months ago, go check it 

medal medal medal

8 hours ago, GoddePro said:

legit?

Its the tandem warhead I'm guessing, it doesn't detonate properly on armour, it only detonates when it hits something inside the vehicle, phases straight through otherwise.

1 hour ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

Then you are gonna love Khrizantema

The Khrizantema is fun, but the current USSR tree treatment makes me wonder whether it will ever work properly in War Thunder.

Edited by EventAnyDamage
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, EventAnyDamage said:

Its the tandem warhead I'm guessing, it doesn't detonate properly on armour, it only detonates when it hits something inside the vehicle, phases straight through otherwise.

Yeah, have had lots of problems with tanks being out of phase both with Shturm and even my BMP-1 grenade.

1 hour ago, EventAnyDamage said:

The Khrizantema is fun, but the current USSR tree treatment makes me wonder whether it will ever work properly in War Thunder.

IF it's added, I would guess probably not and will take like 12 patches min to get fixed.

10 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

Yeah, have had lots of problems with tanks being out of phase both with Shturm and even my BMP-1 grenade.

Its not like the usual ghost shells that crop up where there's no registered hit. The Shturm has those as well, but when the tandem registers the hit properly, you can watch the hitcam as the missile passes straight through without actually detonating.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

27 minutes ago, EventAnyDamage said:

Its not like the usual ghost shells that crop up where there's no registered hit. The Shturm has those as well, but when the tandem registers the hit properly, you can watch the hitcam as the missile passes straight through without actually detonating.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I see the missile and BMP grenade pass THROUGH the tank and impact ground on other side. I played with Raldi last night and he was spectating me, confirming he saw it happen when I fired my grenade at a T95E1 showing me his turret side.

• Upvote 1

On 21/02/2020 at 04:52, jackTIGR said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I see the missile and BMP grenade pass THROUGH the tank and impact ground on other side. I played with Raldi last night and he was spectating me, confirming he saw it happen when I fired my grenade at a T95E1 showing me his turret side.

could you sent the replay?

I'll make a bug report of it because I'm bored

medal medal

10 hours ago, GoddePro said:

could you sent the replay?

I'll make a bug report of it because I'm bored

Sadly I forgot to save it. There was so much BS going on that day (ostwind surviving a 122mm shot directly in body with ammo going orange; a P-47 strafing my IS-2 and killing my crew, my 122mm shell going into Italian sheetbox and then bouncing off the optics inside and coming back out without doing any damage, tiger shell bouncing off my IS-2 mantlet and then off my commander's cuppola and then hitting the freaking OPTICS which killed my tank, Falcons being on killing sprees nearly every battle I met them - the bloody things are more effective than any other vehicle in game...) that I simply stopped saving replays, just moved onto another battle.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, jackTIGR said:

Sadly I forgot to save it. There was so much BS going on that day (ostwind surviving a 122mm shot directly in body with ammo going orange; a P-47 strafing my IS-2 and killing my crew, my 122mm shell going into Italian sheetbox and then bouncing off the optics inside and coming back out without doing any damage, tiger shell bouncing off my IS-2 mantlet and then off my commander's cuppola and then hitting the freaking OPTICS which killed my tank, Falcons being on killing sprees nearly every battle I met them - the bloody things are more effective than any other vehicle in game...) that I simply stopped saving replays, just moved onto another battle.

I feel you man

that IS-2 bug is a pretty big oversight. How long has it been in the game?

medal medal

2 hours ago, GoddePro said:

I feel you man

that IS-2 bug is a pretty big oversight. How long has it been in the game?

A long time. For quite a while last year IS-2 didn't have ANY turret roof armor at all...

13 hours ago, jackTIGR said:

A long time. For quite a while last year IS-2 didn't have ANY turret roof armor at all...

At least tell the truth.  It wasn't that way for very long, and not having turret roof armor simply isn't the truth.  What happened was the hatch and cupola models some how got messed up.  And it got fixed relatively fast.  What people may be experiencing now, are possible small cracks in the armor model around said hatches, and that needs too be officially reported if there are.. Rather than just ranting about something on the forums.  

11 minutes ago, Conraire said:

At least tell the truth.  It wasn't that way for very long, and not having turret roof armor simply isn't the truth.  What happened was the hatch and cupola models some how got messed up.  And it got fixed relatively fast.  What people may be experiencing now, are possible small cracks in the armor model around said hatches, and that needs too be officially reported if there are.. Rather than just ranting about something on the forums.  

He just confused it with the M36B1218.png.5fbce140b672d4f7c050c18cce509707

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal