AlphaVI

the R3 T20 anti air, needs to have a change of BR

tell me what other low tier AA can kill planes reliably up to 6.0 , and has some sort of stabiliser on the gun, with a rediculouse wierd damage model.

this AA needs to go up between 4.0 and 5.0

at his BR it can kill tanks and planes easily, uptier this aa, and will shread any prop planes, bomber etc .....

why is this so unbalanced on the AA side ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I could've told you that this was a 7.0 or above SPAA before it was introduced, but gaijin employees can't realise this (for some reason that eludes me, this keeps happening all the time like with the Lorraine 40T), and they need to "gather data" for a good 6 months before anything happens. There's been threads about this already so another one won't speed up the process. 

Also, don't know if you knew, but this SPAA faces 3.0-4.0 vehicles IN SIM. Now *that's* stupid. But like I said, wasn't the first, won't be the last. Hope they fix some of these things in 1.89. Sometimes stuff takes 2 years to get fixed, so don't hold your breath.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

10 hours ago, AKULA95723 said:

"gather data"

War Thunder main issue. Every mistake need months to be validaded on bug reports and corrected, by bureaucratics ways. When others online games always do extended dev servers/ closed beta test with serious and focused testers. It's a bit disapointing to be on permanent beta, awaiting  fix for 1 or 2 year, on some cases.

Italy had several 20mm and 37mm AA trucks during WW2, Gaijin can easely add one to replace R3 with on 3.7 br. Italian army used a lot of stuff left by Allies during their retreat on early Afrika campaign too.

Spoiler

image.png.036895a4c18277d5001b09f1a15c68

Ford CMP FAT

Spoiler

image.png.f9216b80cc3f1275f708ea77c7b1a6

Chevrolet 2 tons truck with one 20mm Scotti on it.

Spoiler

image.png.61c3ab89231fb0bab8aa2d8969fa4e

Sd.Kfz 7/1.(The best choice for R3 replacement imo). Germany lent to Italians some units to help on Sicily air defense against Allies opération Husky. Also with some variants like single 20mm flak or 37mm.

R3 need to be moved up where it belong, alongside others armored cars on 6.0/6.7 br.

Edited by Whiskoof
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

No it doesn't.

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, AlphaVI said:

tell me what other low tier AA can kill planes reliably up to 6.0 ,

Any AA at all

and has some sort of stabiliser on the gun,

This thing has a stabiliser??  Jeez - it bounces around more than a beach ball!!

with a rediculouse wierd damage model.

???

No, it doesn't.

You forgot to ask which AA can tip over going around a corner, can be killed at all ranges by 50 cal and short ranges by rifle caliber MG, and has only a single large magazine that takes a minute to refill and reload......

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

no matter what poeples say, this AA needs to move above 5.0 for sure

the gameplay on warthunder isint fit for the R3, and it give a incredible huge amout of power for the R3

with bullet being as the size of a pixel, and being able to destroy anything front/sides/rear,

and on top of that cappable of killing top tier props and early jets........

has no place as a low tier AA, it might be a early developed AA, but in balance it does not belong that low

the first huge mistake is the huge firate that been buffed and 20mm giuver with a stabilizer and mobility is way to much.

not to talk about the wierd damage model that does not hullbread shooting the armore with a 155mm, the only way to kil lthis AA is by crew or actualy hitting the small components inside without shrapnels.

it can out run the turn speed of anything and hit them easily, also with the game unfaire advantage of the sound volume glitches its aa silent killer

and can go fast everywhere....

how is this even at 3.7 ? this needs to go at 5.0 or more

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Whiskoof said:

It's a bit disapointing to be on permanent beta, awaiting  fix for 1 or 2 year, on some cases.

Whoah...you just gave me the words i was looking for for a long time... this game is just a permanent beta...

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

On 09/05/2019 at 23:56, AlphaVI said:

tell me what other low tier AA can kill planes reliably up to 6.0 , and has some sort of stabiliser on the gun, with a rediculouse wierd damage model.

at his BR it can kill tanks and planes easily, uptier this aa, and will shread any prop planes, bomber etc .....

why is this so unbalanced on the AA side ?

You don't have a SINGLE Italian tanks and you say this is OP. :)

Sorry to disappoint you but this SPAA is paper thin and when ammo belt is empty you need to reload it at capture zone which takes ages.

German line has better SPAAs than this single one.

How about complaining about Tunguska there you have OP SPAA tank on toptier. :D

• Thanks 3
medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, takkuta said:

Except you know... the R3 is better than literally every other nation's SPAA in the game below 8.0.

If it had it's supposed APDS belts, it'd skyrocket in just how lethal it can be to literally everything it can fight against up till 10.0

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, lVrizl said:

Except you know... the R3 is better than literally every other nation's SPAA in the game below 8.0.

If it had it's supposed APDS belts, it'd skyrocket in just how lethal it can be to literally everything it can fight against up till 10.0

Shark = jumped

• Like 2

On 12/05/2019 at 20:07, takkuta said:

You don't have a SINGLE Italian tanks and you say this is OP. :)

Sorry to disappoint you but this SPAA is paper thin and when ammo belt is empty you need to reload it at capture zone which takes ages.

How about complaining about Tunguska there you have OP SPAA tank on toptier. :D

dont worry the chunguska is just broken as F

but the R3 is as op for its BR too

you might not have a single tank, its true and sad (excepte premium and some on your tech tree....

but the R3, come on, takes several 120mm on the body, and your telling me its normale ?

that thing would shread like thin foil from the impact and a 120mm passing trough the  sideways or along the way, yet it does nothing, with a 20mm that pen anything at is br with +1br too....

as for the air, tell me what other AA of low BR can shoot up till early jet with sur reliablity and ease ? as fast firrate ,fast reaload rate and stabilised ?

• Haha 1

On 10/05/2019 at 03:56, AlphaVI said:

Wirbel?

Wirbel also has a pretty good armor and is resistant to 50 cal from most sides

• Upvote 1
medal medal

R3 is ludicrous find myself getting g killed just because it's fun driving fast, has a very weird auto flip correct too that makes it very forgiving. Literally better than 4.7 AA vehicles.

Will check my stats next time I'm on but really the only time I die is because I'm being an idiot and having fun zooming at tanks rather than lurking properly (probably 90% of the time!)

• Haha 1
medal medal

The funniest thing is going in simulator battle and park aside the enemy