Sign in to follow this  
gimpy117

Aircraft repairing and re-arming in ground forces?

Since Tanks can't re-arm or repair at spawn for in ground forces, then why can aircraft? 

to me, spawning in a plane that could either not repair or load more ammo would turn a plane from a cheesy K/D boosting mechanic to an actual tactical decision 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, ChickenJoee said:

Tanks can re-arm and repair in captured cap zones so really its kind of the same thing :)

but you don't have to capture your airfield and you don't have to sit in the combat are to do it...now if I could spawn my tank onto their landing area randomly and shoot up the place while a plane has to sit there stationary for 30+ seconds then your post would be 100% true 

you also can't lose control of the air base 

22 hours ago, gimpy117 said:

Since Tanks can't re-arm or repair at spawn for in ground forces, then why can aircraft? 

Gaijin loves aircraft.

22 hours ago, gimpy117 said:

to me, spawning in a plane that could either not repair or load more ammo would turn a plane from a cheesy K/D boosting mechanic to an actual tactical decision 

because aircraft consume ammo at a far faster rate then tanks..... 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

To be fair, aircraft need to take the time to fly all the way back to the airfield to repair or rearm. That can take them out of the battle for a significant time. Tanks can be fully repaired to battle ready condition 20-30 secs after being hit sometimes.

Quite often pilots choose to J out and get another vehicle rather than spend 5 or more minutes going to rearm and repair, especially if it's clear the battle will be over before they can return.

medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this