OrsonES

Matchmaking Changes in Naval Battles (04.24.2019)

US%20Navy_a436391dcc0153d0e69f8f78c928a4

Sea battles will become more exciting and more interesting. Now any battles with reduced teams will be supplemented with vessels under AI control with a specified number of participants:

• Naval Arcade battles (only sessions with vehicles of BR 3.7 and above) - up to 16 vs 16 participants.
  • Naval Realistic battles - up to 12 vs 12 participants.

If a 10 vs 10 player battle begins in Realistic mode, 2 free slots on each side will be supplemented with AI vessels. If there are already enough players in combat, AI ships will not participate in the battle.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you! Hope we see an improvement in the queue times as of late those were becoming unbearable.

Nice change for those who would love to play more ships then spending time in the queue.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Will you be providing more details on the AI ships? How will they perform in the match? Will they just fire at random targets or will there be more to their behavior? Will they be worth as much RP/SL as killing a player or more like AI tanks that are barely worth killing?

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

heres an idea, lower the insane Research Price on ships in the lower tiers, and actually give out decent silver lion rewards, get rid of  island campers who don't do anything in games except wait for someone to sail near them. and maybe you would have more players. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

Matchmaking changes?

Can we expect this for Ground battles from 7.7 and up?

NATO matchmaking finally. plso_o

Edited by NoodleCup31
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal

I like this change, since naval battles at the moment aren't as popular.  However, could we have some more clarification, please?  Are the A.I. vessels actually going to move and fight, or are they just going to stay idle in their spawn the entire match, occasionally shooting at ships and aircraft that come near them?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I personally love the "Naval" aspect of the game, however lately it has become quite long winded in the Que times, the lower BR ranges are great, instant join, mid to high tier can be great depending on when you hit the sweet spot, i Live in the UK and currently its GMT +1.

Lower tier like i said is instant and top tier there is a little wait, i must admit, but i welcome the AI support.

I and alot of other people are anxoiusly awaiting WWM in War thunder, to me that will be the Best mode to go on.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal