Ok so this is what my current challenger line up costs. And they are fully upgraded.

Challenger MK2.

AB: 10,586

RB: 6,825

Challenger MK3.

AB: 13,680

RB: 11,032

Challenger 2.

AB: 10,208

RB: 7928

Total.

AB: 34,474

RB: 25,785

Then you add my ammution costs which usually is.

- 20 L23A1/L26

- 4 HESH

So 3 challengers with 20 apfsds and 4 HESH.

So the total including all 3 challengers repair costs is.

AB: 71,074

RB: 62,385

As you can see this is still very high. What needs done is SL income needs to be increased and challenger 1 and 2 repair costs needs to be lowered even more especially in AB like how do you even earn SL can yous please take another look at this again like seriously the max repair costs for all three tanks shouldn't exceed 20k SL.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

E100  had  ridiculous  26k repair  cost in RB now it's  31k!!   Are serious?(it's  not on the list but I cecked in  game), while Maus was changed to  6k from 8k...

This must be a bug because both are very similar  in performance 

Edited by k4mik4dze
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal

France still is pretty much unplayable. I was really hoping to start playing them again but I think ill give it a miss. To be honest you might as well not even bothered making a French tree, the way its been treated. Leclerc 26k+ repair incoming when it finally arrives in a few years.

Now for positives, ammo reduction is a welcome change and the AMX 40 repair being reduced slightly.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal

While this is undoubtedly a massively postive update, some of the repair and shell costs are still not good. French repair costs are still crippling, especially at Tier 4 and 5 (why would you possibly raise the AMX-30B 1972's repair in sim even more??!!)

• Upvote 4
medal

Overall it´s nice to see some of this stuff adressed, by still no improvement on the repaircost side of things.. it´s not fair to players to be punished for using vehicles other people perform well in.

At the very least you need to have a dynamic repaircost system that reduces repaircost in an uptier for vehicles that can barely compete.

Look at the Ho-Ri Production, it's already at a very barren BR with only 2 other vehicles, Type 61 and Type 60 SPRG as no one wants to talk about the ATM.. and you made RB all about lineups and just whatever team respawns the most wins because that's fun gameplay, and then you increase the repaircost of one of 3 vehicles from 4K to 9K to 15K whilst simultaniously it's getting nerfed in it's performance in a matter of months, completely crippling the teams capabilities this way.

At best it has 225mm of armor, as low as 120mm, put this in a 7.7 or 8.0 game and what do you think will happen? It's slower, no turret, lacking firepower, useless armor yet it costs more to repair than half the enemy team combined using vehicles that outperform it in every way.. even at 7.0 you won't last long.

Atleast with the Ferdinand you get alternatives, you still get one-shot and bombed consistently and it's a complete waste of time to play a tank with that repaircost, but atleast you have other vehicles you can play.

Also why exactly is the Type 60 SPRG getting an increase in repaircost when it's a paper tank with 9mm of armor, exposed crew, long reloads and very inconsistent weaponry? You expect people to cough up 20k+ for 2 vehicles that have to get 20 kills just to cover their repaircost. Type 60 SPRG isn't played a lot, it doesn't perform great, anything and everything can kill it, why is there at 5k repaircost on it?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Great update! I still have a question.  Is the price of M735 of XM1 is accurate? It cost 330 SL per round, which is slightly higher than update before. Since all the price of Apsfds have decreased, such as the M735 of M60 rise P only cost 130 per round, is there any mistake of the M735 price of XM1?

medal medal medal medal

I lost a lot of rp in most nations except with america there i was researching the bradley and  the rest of the rp go to the next research but in other nations i lost all the rp that remain after complete the research with the cost reduction what can i do?

Captura de pantalla (186).png

Captura de pantalla (187).png

Edited by XVITheTower

38 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

It's not that easy. We don't buff / nerf vehicles specs (it would solve a lot of problems, but players would raid our offices with real tanks), but some vehicles get changed (bug fixes), some game parameters are modified / fixed (eg : thermodynamic adding overheating, leading to a reduction in effective climb rate, ballistic system, shell netcode synchro), and vehicles do not fight in a vacuum : they fight other vehicles. If you add a vehicle in one BR bracket, the balance will change. The game keep evolving.

Now, despite our ~1100-1200 vehicles in game there are still problematic area because the real vehicles were never meant to be balanced. They were tools made to solve one problem, and often the goal was to basically sealclub the enemy (physically, economically). At the same time, a game can't truly model reality (yet!) and vehicles are only a part of the big picture (range, production cost, fuel consumption, crew training, reliability, upgrade capability...). New generations of vehicles led to massive performance increase, some nations had issues continuing development at some point in the last 80 years... real life is not balanced and we have to deal with it.

We understand it's frustrating and players dislike variations of the repair cost (there was a lot of chat in the team on economy, br in general), unfortunately it's apparently really complicated to get something with similar or better performance. (or with a better positive / negative ratio, depending of your point of view).

Then don't add things that might pose a problem until you have their match, easy solution, hire me, cus i can do a good sight better than developers seem to be.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Ouiche said:

Reward multipliers have been recalculated.

Does this mean tanks sl multipliers are fixed to be in line with the increasing costs at higher tiers? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Ouiche said:

Usually, an effectiveness above average without really being able to raise the BR (as the vehicles would be dragged into battles they can't really win).

We had a long chat with the developers about the G.56, turn out, it's as popular as fighter planes of similar bracket, it's performing really well... but it would probably get crushed at higher BR. (and mind you, the devs lowered the repair price compared to what it "should" be!).

Doesn't such immense repair price (A6M5 Otsu for example) mean that, only people with good skills would fly it more than few rounds and thus the performance would stay high?

Does it also mean there won't ever be later Zero models?

medal

DM13 and DM23 on the Leo2A4 now both cost 610 SL which makes it the weaker round kinda pointless. Can you please check if this was an oversight?

2019-04-23 16_53_44-War Thunder.png

Edited by TheKingHomer
Forgot image
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Unfortunately, many stealth increases are in there too, e.g. the GB Conqueror has now increased repair costs... there are many examples of this.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Ouiche said:

Maintenance_d25064cc8be49f403d4cddc57341

• Research and purchase costs have been decreased for:
    • Aircraft of rank IV-V
    • Ground vehicles of rank V-VI
    • Helicopters of rank V

• Additionally the costs for modification research and purchase as well as costs for the ground vehicle shells and crew training have been reduced.
  • List of the repair cost changes.
  • List of the shell costs changes.
  • Reward multipliers have been recalculated.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

This looks good! But when will Gaijin solve the ammunition problems? right now I shot the side of a T64 using a HEATFS that says to be able to pierce 400mm of shield, but did not pierce the 1000-foot side of the T64 without it being angled.
The other day the HEATFS ammunition of Leopard 2A4 was not able to drill the side of the Challenger 2 tower at only 10 meters without any angulation! when will these errors be corrected ????

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

This looks good! But when will Gaijin solve the ammunition problems? right now I shot the side of a T64 using a HEATFS that says to be able to pierce 400mm of shield, but did not pierce the 1000-foot side of the T64 without it being angled.
The other day the HEATFS ammunition of Leopard 2A4 was not able to drill the side of the Challenger 2 tower at only 10 meters without any angulation! when will these errors be corrected ????

medal medal medal

These changes are very much appreciated but one question I still have regarding them......

Is why is it in every BR you play the income for getting kills are almost the same. Won't it help increasing the award for getting kills at higher BR's than decreasing the cost only?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello Gaijin team, 

Thanks for that long awaited change, this is very welcome !

Just a quick question, why is it that the Leo A1/L44 expert crew price only got reduced down to 1.12 million SL, while all other premiums (T55, Type74G, XM1...) got that price down to 790k SL ? Was that intended or just a mistake (I assume the latter since even Top Tier vehicules have lower expert crew price) ?

Edited by JG300_Gruber
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

1 hour ago, Ouiche said:

We understand it's frustrating and players dislike variations of the repair cost (there was a lot of chat in the team on economy, br in general), unfortunately it's apparently really complicated to get something with similar or better performance. (or with a better positive / negative ratio, depending of your point of view).

Would the developers consider adjusting the game so that repair costs cannot put your match earnings in to the negatives? E.g.: Someone earns 6k SL and dies with a repair cost of 10k SL - currently this would cost them 4k SL (earn -4k); change this so that the same scenario would result in only 0k lost/earned.

Ammo costs should still be able to put you in to negatives.

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal

Fantastic!

is there a reason the Bagelpanzer didn’t get a ammo cost reduction or was it just missed? It currently pays 1500sl for its upgraded round which isn’t quite as good as the free one.

not a gripe, just curious is all. 1500 isn’t actually that expensive considering it covers the entire 48 round mag. Again, I’m just wondering.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SaltMinerKiri said:

I just can't do it, took out the Leo2A5, capped, got killed, 20k repair after earning 3k. After dying i don't want to take anything else in my line up, this is really frustrating, this needs a response. This repair balance is heavy handed. leo2a5 23k to repair, leo2a4 14k, bagel is like 5k for me atm. 1.7k for the gepard atm. 10k for my mig19s... If i play the 2A5, im just taking it out alone and when i die i'm gonna return to hanger. I'm not wasting more SL on other tanks which will further increase the cost per game.

Tier VII Repair Costs in Realistic Battles:

• Britain Challenger 2 = 5390 SL (unmodded)
  • Japan Type 90 = 8650 SL (unmodded)
  • USA M1A1 Abrams = 6500 SL (unmodded)
  • USSR T80U = 8170 SL (unmodded)
  • Germany Leopard 2A5 = 22,032 SL (about 80% modded)

The Leo 2A5 is a good tank, but it's not 3 TIMES more powerful than the other top tier tanks. Can we get an explanation as to why the 2A5 costs 3 TIMES or more to repair than the other nations at top tier?

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Hello there,

I've found an Error in the Repair-Cost changes:

Aircraft, Japan

R2Y2 V3 missing, Ki-10.I sitting at her places listed with 20.800 Repair costs as a Biplane

261527790_Ki10.thumb.PNG.7c3186bc2b47e19

Best Regards

Valor

• Haha 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal