Oscar_Muffin

What Italian vehicles aren't crap?

Just a general question on what's worth playing. The only vehicles I've found so far that aren't completely useless or massively over-tired are the R3 T20 FA-HS and the 75/46 M43. Everything else I've tried just seems to be filler content that nobody actually plays. Also? Why are there no good tier 4 vehicles? The M26A1 is over-tiered because of an APCR with 7mm more pen than the American one, the Fiat 6614, has a single recoil-less rifle with a long reload and abysmal gun handling that's useless on most maps and the AUBL/74 is an un-armored box that can be killed by any machine gun in-game with bouncy castle suspension and an anemic gun.... 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

I would also add the M4 IC as a decent vehicle. All the rest are mediocre or just bad. The Armored cars are petty fun but they weren't as good as I expected and they aren't easy at all to use. I won't even botehr playing the M26 unless it's downtiered where it belongs, same with M36. Overall I'm not impressed by them, maybe at 7.7-8.0 things will get better.

Edited by LandKreuzer_89
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

R3 106 is good fun so long as you don't expect you fight things frontally and live.

Aside from that and the previous mentioned vehicles, the rest are very mediocre.

Centauro is the only good Tier V vehicle for Italy as the M47 105mm is a disappointment ((less armor than the M60 at the same BR and Russian levels of gun depression)) with the OF-40 being an inferior Leopard 1. It's not a great lineup overall

Tier VI is where the great vehicles are at currently with the only exception towards that being the ROMOR ((it's gun handling and stabilized scope is inferior to the tanks it fights at the same BR range save for the Russians))

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Currently heading for the T106 but my god, it's so painful with the Fiat cars. Despite all the terrible designs that the 6614 comes with I still think it's better than the AUBL/74. Just because of the fact that the hull can be completely hidden while shooting at an enemy. My main problem with the AUBL is that you have to kill the commander and gunner in a single shot in order to get a follow-up, otherwise you will just get hosed down with MG's (Doubly irritating is that turning the commanders' MG black doesn't stop it firing) The 6614 doesn't have this problem if you pick your spots carefully as you are essentially un-killable without somebody lobbing HE at your gun.

But once I get the T106 I think I'll be happy. I can get the T20 into some pretty cheeky spots, if I can do that with two recoilless rifles it must be even cheekier.

Edited by Oscar_Muffin
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

The 75/46 M43 is a really good TD (even better then the Bredabus)

Also a lot of the Italian Vehicles at Tier I are really good as long as you don't face the French

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

On 22/04/2019 at 07:35, AspandaIV said:

The 75/46 M43 is a really good TD (even better then the Bredabus)

Also a lot of the Italian Vehicles at Tier I are really good as long as you don't face the French

Being mediocre is not being really good. The only good italian tanks are from br4,0 to up.

Edited by poopooo
  • Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, as it turns out the T106 is nowhere near as good at 7.0 as the T20 at 3.7. To top it off the T106 has an upgraded repair cost of 13.3k lions. I won't be playing any more of the Italian tree and I'm glad I haven't spent any money researching it as it would have been a complete and utter waste.

Edited by Oscar_Muffin
ur mum
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

you have positive k/d ratio with almost all of italian vehicles in all game modes. you surprisingly do well in some of the worst italian vehicles (fiat 6614) i don't understand your disrespectful moaning towards italian vehicles. and you almost don't touch air force which makes you miss half of this game and have lopsided thoughts. say you don't like italian ground tree not just italian tree next time.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ruthless95 said:

you have positive k/d ratio with almost all of italian vehicles in all game modes. you surprisingly do well in some of the worst italian vehicles (fiat 6614) i don't understand your disrespectful moaning towards italian vehicles. and you almost don't touch air force which makes you miss half of this game and have lopsided thoughts. say you don't like italian ground tree not just italian tree next time.

I always thought that the 6614 was one of the better vehicles, I do have a thing for finding ways to make use of bad vehicles though. However, with the Italian tree there are far less vehicles with redeeming features compared to other nations', and the vehicles, rather that being placed at competitive BR's. Are placed at common BR's to act as filler material to avoid gaps in the tree. Take the Aubl/74 for example, compared to other light vehicles at the same BR, it really doesn't stack up. It isn't MG resistant frontally, definitely isn't low profile and as mentioned before, has abysmal suspension making stop-and-shoot almost impossible.

Then you have the M26A1, Which is a 6.3 hull with a gun that has 13mm more penetration than its American counterpart. This somehow means it deserves to fight endless hoards of 7.7 Russian vehicles whereas the American M26, being 6.3, is often down-tiered.

On top of that the Italians don't have a single line-up until the very bottom of the tree meaning that you either up-tier "meh" vehicles, take one tank and have to leave when you die or spend warbonds on backups.

Also, the reason that I don't have any planes is because AirRB is pretty broken and boring at the moment and I'm strongly against planes in ground battles, hence why I have so much time spent playing the R3 T20, every time I kill somebody in the 6614 that has access to a plane, they will immediately spawn in said plane, fly back and hose me down with their MG's.

Edit : P.S. We are in the Ground Forces discussion area you know?

Edited by Oscar_Muffin
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

If they made the HEAT more competent they would not be so bad.With the current extreme random penetration and damage they cant compete with tanks of less BR.
Its easy,all good italian tanks are the ones who do not need HEAT.For example,all tanks with 75mm HEAT are extreme bad.

Edited by poopooo

I’ve been trying to grind up to the Centuaro the last few days and Tier 4 Italians really are the absolute worst.

When Gaijin will learn that APCR doesn’t warrant a BR increase, especially for 7mm more pen, I have no idea.

You would think after 6 years they would be any degree of competent with this kind of thing but apparently not.

The M26 is already overteired at 6.3, to try and play it at 6.7 where 90% of games are 7.7 is nothing short of torture.

The 6614 I’ve had decent luck with, but it’s still not an RP grinder due to the very nature of the machine.

The AUBL/74, or the Awful74, is one of the worst, if not the worst, tank in game for its BR.

There is literally not enough that can be said as to how truly a miserable experience it is trying to play that xxxx.

The M36B1 doesn’t even deserve to be mentioned.

Im 98k from the Centuaro, but I don’t know if I’m ever going to make it there because I play 5 games, get 10k RP, and then don’t play the Italians for weeks because it’s just such a soul sucking, headache inducing, fist clenchingly terrible experience.

And I don’t play games to have this kind of experience.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Shatterfish said:

The AUBL/74, or the Awful74, is one of the worst, if not the worst, tank in game for its BR.

AUBL/74 is bad? It's the FIAT 6614 that is crap. Slow limited turret rotation and very limited depression.

medal medal medal medal

To be honest I didn't played any medium tank or tank on italian tree besides P40 and M4 until I got the OF-40. I grinded all the tanks on rank V before play them, now I'm using the tanks of rank V to grind all the rank VI before playing them, (my lineup is just OF-40 and F-84 only btw).

I liked italian armored cars, sometimes. They can be damn frustrating when facing those Americans T29 and T32, they can get two strong Hesh shells on the face and be alive enough to kill you with machine gun. But I think that is somewhat reasonable when you get a vehicle so much faster, agile and powerful than anything you face.

Tbh, I didn't like the AUBL too, It's not like he is a bad vehicle, is more like I didn't liked his HEATFS, it is indeed a good shell sometimes and you need to adapt to it, because is what italians have for you, but when I was if AUBL and faced T32 and T29 it was a hell to me. I could kill it with one shot, and even if I killed the gunner or the breach, he can just kill me with .50 making me unable to give a second shot.

My rank IV lineup was just Fiat 6614, AUBL, R3 T20 and R3 T106, and most of times I played only R3 cars, using Fiat only sometimes and AUBL on very rare cases. It was fun altough, R3 T106 is a damn good car, but it needs some know of map and luck, but it can kills almost everything with one shot and if still alive you can send a second shot right now. 

It is a hard experience, I know it because after I grinded all rank V with it, when I got my Sidam, Centauro and OF-40, I was just "I WILL NEVER PLAY ARMORED CARS AGAIN, JUST GIVE ME SOME REAL TANK PLEASE". But now sometimes I miss my R3 T106 and R3 T20.

Just gonna say it, armored cars are not for everyone, they take a lot of time to learn how to play it and even when you think you know how to play, there is plenty of US and .50 there to make your day a hell. However, Centauro it's a nice reward for that, but you know, still an armored car, so me prepared, and OF-40 is a nice MBT too, I really love it, I can bounce some shots, HEATFS is a accetable shell when you get used to it, and when you get your laser rangefinder in a large map and downtier, your sniper senses just get triggered.

I already got OTOMATIC, and now I'm grinding Ariete (Skiped Centauro Romor for now). 

Italians are just for you if you like agility and power over protection, but you die for everything, so get prepared.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AraMacao said:

AUBL/74 is bad? It's the FIAT 6614 that is crap. Slow limited turret rotation and very limited depression.

I’m slightly over a 1:1 KD with the 6614.

I find it’s hull down capability to be more useful than the AUBL/74s raw speed; I just find a rock or hill that I can barely poke the barrel over and go to town, though the long reload limits it’s effectiveness.

The Awful74, on the other hand, I’m below a 0.5 KD in, and I can’t even use its speed to cap half the time since an arty shell landing within a 5 mile radius usually kills me.

Or I get killed by 7.7s.

Or by .50s.

Or by an enemy commander sneezing in the next town over.

Edited by Shatterfish
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

reviving this threat over the frustration that is grinding the italian ground tree.

its like, you see these italian versions of US/british tanks in the tree and think "well they are decent to good in their native nation tree, cant be that bad" and when you actually play them, you cant play to their advantages because you will mostly face tanks with the same advantages, while being stuck with the german heavies/slow tanks and not having their armor.

the M4 Tipo IC is an utterly disappointment as it faces very mobile and better handling opposition while neither having the armor nor the backup vehicles to make up for it.

i unlocked the M26A1 and the M36B1 a bit ago and with them its even worse(could be stock syndrome but eh) and i fear that the M47 at 7.7 will not be much better.
and the AUBL at 6.7 is an odd one because it will drag you into 7.7 with only having 6.3's as backups.

overall, italy hasnt been fun at all so far and feels overall worse then french low tier.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

14 hours ago, Apfelsator said:

i unlocked the M26A1 and the M36B1 a bit ago and with them its even worse(could be stock syndrome but eh) and i fear that the M47 at 7.7 will not be much better.
and the AUBL at 6.7 is an odd one because it will drag you into 7.7 with only having 6.3's as backups.

The M26A1 with the M82 shell isn't bad 

medal medal

7 hours ago, Grimbergen95 said:

The M26A1 with the M82 shell isn't bad 

well since i'm not yet having unlocked any modules besides parts+FPE and the M82, it certainly is lacking in performance.

as i said, this is my current impression of italian 6.3/6.0 vehicles in almost stock config.

but appearently saying this is frowned upon, judging by the reactions my initial posts got xD

medal medal

18 minutes ago, Apfelsator said:

well since i'm not yet having unlocked any modules besides parts+FPE and the M82, it certainly is lacking in performance.

as i said, this is my current impression of italian 6.3/6.0 vehicles in almost stock config.

but appearently saying this is frowned upon, judging by the reactions my initial posts got xD

Surely the tier 4 is the italian tech tree weak spot, the m36b1 is overtired but since it will be the only 5.7 tank of the tree it will always be deployed with the m26  at 6.3 making no difference. The armored car are usefull only in Rb, in arcade they are easy prey for planes. At tier 3 a lineup of breda 501, M43 75/46 and R3 T20 is very competitive, if you ad the M4 tipo you will end facing a way more strong vehicles, is better to avoid it

• Like 1
medal medal

I'm surprised people really hate the AUBL, for whatever reason I quite enjoyed it. To be honest, the only vehicles I've considered somewhat competitive thus far are the Centauro, OF-40MK2A (MTCL) and of course the OTOMAGIC which deletes aircraft from across the map. The SIDAM isn't bad, but it's really nothing to write home about as you can't use it in any ground fighting capacity whatsoever.

If I remember correct, the P40 was also really good, if you're into really low tier stuff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

I'm surprised people really hate the AUBL, for whatever reason I quite enjoyed it. To be honest, the only vehicles I've considered somewhat competitive thus far are the Centauro, OF-40MK2A (MTCL) and of course the OTOMAGIC which deletes aircraft from across the map. The SIDAM isn't bad, but it's really nothing to write home about as you can't use it in any ground fighting capacity whatsoever.

If I remember correct, the P40 was also really good, if you're into really low tier stuff.

I like AUBL and hate centauro. Sidarm can shoot ground with darts its just that it has vrry little ammo... and its a sluggish vehicle.

medal medal medal medal

On 04/08/2019 at 21:22, Grimbergen95 said:

Surely the tier 4 is the italian tech tree weak spot, the m36b1 is overtired but since it will be the only 5.7 tank of the tree it will always be deployed with the m26  at 6.3 making no difference. The armored car are usefull only in Rb, in arcade they are easy prey for planes. At tier 3 a lineup of breda 501, M43 75/46 and R3 T20 is very competitive, if you ad the M4 tipo you will end facing a way more strong vehicles, is better to avoid it

yeah thats what i'm getting from the M36B1 and M26...i mean its a good combo actually still, since the M36B1's cannon works so well for 6.3, but since you will be often dragged into 6.7 matches with the italian 6.3 lineup, you can have a hard time facing carnearvons, T34/T29's and even US M26/T26E1's, since you pretty much lack a advantage over them and additionally you are teamed up with slower germans, so you barely have the support on bigger flanks when you are in position.

in the end, italian 6.3 is not an extremely bad BR but it certainly isnt nearly as enjoyable as the other nations at 6.3(except for japan, their 6.3 lineup is a pain as well).

medal medal

The Breda was fun, the 90/53 and especially the 75/46 is really nice.. after that it's all downhill.

The 6614 is terrible, with an MG mount that serves no purpose and below 0 degree elevation yet the barrel climbs to space to go over it for some reason.

Aubl looked a lot nicer on paper but the heat is horrible and the speed just gets you to your death quicker.

medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Miragen said:

The Breda was fun, the 90/53 and especially the 75/46 is really nice.. after that it's all downhill.

The 6614 is terrible, with an MG mount that serves no purpose and below 0 degree elevation yet the barrel climbs to space to go over it for some reason.

Aubl looked a lot nicer on paper but the heat is horrible and the speed just gets you to your death quicker.

Just wait until you get to the Centauro/OF-40, that's where the real fun starts 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal