Sign in to follow this  
Wikikomoto

any way to turn off mounted MGs?

Hello, I'm just wondering if I can toggle off the machineguns on my tank. I really hate driving around in a tank thats haunted by machinegun operating ghosts. It blows the immersion right out of the water. 

Thanks! 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't think you can. 

You can toggle off any roof mounted MG by keybinding the option " select primary weapon " in tank controls. Otherwise just use a key you don't need to keep the MG's silent.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Wikikomoto said:

haunted by machinegun operating ghosts

They were operated by the commander inside the tank

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, blastedryan said:

They were operated by the commander inside the tank

hate to break this to you, but the commander would have to be turned out to use the guns. some vehicles even have guns that were meant to be manned by infantry (.50 on the sherman series) so the guns magically moving on their own is not something that happens in real life ever. since magic dosen't exist, and most tanks do not have poltergeists swinging the machinguns around.  

7 hours ago, Giovegar said:

You can toggle off any roof mounted MG by keybinding the option " select primary weapon " in tank controls. Otherwise just use a key you don't need to keep the MG's silent.

thank you!! this worked, and i can even still use my coaxial :) 

16 hours ago, Wikikomoto said:

hate to break this to you, but the commander would have to be turned out to use the guns. some vehicles even have guns that were meant to be manned by infantry (.50 on the sherman series) so the guns magically moving on their own is not something that happens in real life ever. since magic dosen't exist, and most tanks do not have poltergeists swinging the machinguns around.  

Submit a bug report. Literally, completely truthfully the ONLY and holy solution to all your problems.

10 hours ago, DestroyDaDa said:

Submit a bug report. Literally, completely truthfully the ONLY and holy solution to all your problems.

its not a bug though. the game is designed this way. this is 100% the intention of the developers 

On 20/04/2019 at 17:05, Wikikomoto said:

the commander would have to be turned out to use the guns. some vehicles even have guns that were meant to be manned by infantry (.50 on the sherman series) so the guns magically moving on their own is not something that happens in real life ever. since magic dosen't exist, and most tanks do not have poltergeists swinging the machinguns around.  

What a brilliant argument. Using zero sources to back up your claims and implying that anyone that disagrees with you is stupid.

Got any more propaganda tricks you want to throw?

medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Wikikomoto said:

its not a bug though. the game is designed this way. this is 100% the intention of the developers 

It is not game design if nobody ever said so. And I'm sure the sim community would be happy to at least get some official statement on this matter :)

Sign in to follow this