AdelWolf

JU 288C - Be-6

I came back from  holiday and that's the view I have. I honestly lost all enthusiasm to play just in 3 days. 1435511348_shot2019_04_2011_42_22.thumb.

280674892_shot2019_04_2011_57_10.thumb.j

My very first question is: Why unique planes are premium? That's not how GJ used to work. They usually have premium vehicles for common units. Like Spitfires, Bf 109, Fw 190.

Like their premium vehicle understanding was: Look this is premium of the same vehicle from the tech tree just in case if you don't want to grind up.

Now they are putting unique vehicles as premium. There are no alternative in the tech tree for neither JU nor Be. 

and  the other question is Why those lil premium units are OP? with their lil BR? Just because they are premiums?

Be-6 can go to 6.0

JU 288 C can go to 6.3

1113441504_shot2019_04_2012_02_38.jpg.55

and that is what you can get for 4,880GE gain RP in a relaxing way.

Gaijin: Gain Money ($$) in a relaxing way. :p:

I can't even catch the Junkers in my beloved Mustang :facepalm: and they just don't die god damn it. 

EC is draining players

Come on man they are ruining  the whole EC scaring people making them leave.

DO SOMETHING.

Edited by AdelWolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 5
medal

I have my wallet in my hand.

I've been staring at my EC4 fighters in the hanger for a month now... I check the battle board, do a quick survey of the players in EC4 battles... YEP... Tankers and RB/AB jockeys... In the sparsely populated lineups.

Then I begin to wonder what I haven't binged on Netflix.

Before I log out... I eyeball some jets to buy in the near empty PS4 store... Nah... Can't even fly them cause their BRs are too high and I can't grind a jet lineup in less than a year of playing. Same situation for the two non jets I have not bought and France and Italy are not my bag. Hey maybe there's a premium EC 4 fighter that'd be fun... Nah, I'd just be facing bombers. Wait... Maybe there's a premium non captured or non lease plane??? Nah I can wait for the sale cause I'm ambivalent about those in SIM anyway.

i check the forums just to make sure I haven't missed some good news... Where did everybody go?!?! A few posts, fewer familiar names. In the past two years there have been well reasoned pleas to make simple fixes... Crickets.

Wallet back in pocket, I'll go stream another TV series...

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

"Gain RP in a more relaxing way"

If he needs to relax from a video game he's probably playing it wrong.

How do these people not get bored by just bombing? The last game I played I saw a couple guys spam  JU 288s for the entire three hours. Literally all they did the entire game was fly toward our airfield , bomb it , and die to AAA. And somehow they barely damaged our airfields.

Jokes on them though. While they where miserably failing at bombing our team was playing the objectives and won the game.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Agreed.  I only find enjoyment in ec2 and ec3.  The last couple of times I joined an ec4 match vs Germany I've been disappointed with the 288 spam.  Sure they're killable by semi-vulching after they airspawn but that isn't any fun either compared to a good fight.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

When you have Devs and Mods that play Arcade and Arcade+ only, that's what you will have: The complete destruction of balance in Sim Air battles

I'm learning to play IL-2 Sturmovik. Honestly, I don't see any point of playing WT Sim Air anymore before they fix the mouse gunner and other nonsense.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

12 hours ago, LobsterCoat said:

When you have Devs and Mods that play Arcade and Arcade+ only, that's what you will have: The complete destruction of balance in Sim Air battles

I'm learning to play IL-2 Sturmovik. Honestly, I don't see any point of playing WT Sim Air anymore before they fix the mouse gunner and other nonsense.

Agreed.

I used to play sim here most days, had premium for literally years. Now I check back in now then, see the games are STILL filled with mouse aiming bot aspirants and head back over to IL2.

The money in WT lies with Ab and AB+, cant say as i blame the devs for focusing on what makes them the most cash. Sadly that means Sim is the ginger stepchild of WT.

• Upvote 2
medal medal

Can someone explain to me how people are spamming JU 288C although it is 5.3BR plane I am keep shooting the same guy over and over and he keeps re spawning in the same JU 288C without cooldown=?

• Upvote 2
medal

36 minutes ago, AdelWolf said:

Can someone explain to me how people are spamming JU 288C although it is 5.3BR plane I am keep shooting the same guy over and over and he keeps re spawning in the same JU 288C without cooldown=?

Gaijin needs their money. Therefore they make it OP , put it at the wrong BR , and don't give it a cooldown. All at our expense.

I'm sure Gaijin will get around to fixing it when people stop buying it , hopefully.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

I'm glad I'm not playing tier IV anymore. But yeah, those JU are really a pain. They're RP and SL machines. Last time I was chasing one in a D-30 and even the guy chasing it with me (In a Wyvern) struggled a lot to catch him. That's absurd and that's why i'm strictly flying in EC6, bombers are no longer a match there, since we have extremely fast planes and AA missiles

Edited by LostF0X
grammar correction
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, AdelWolf said:

I've seen some of those guys jumping into reserve biplane to just take-off and land within runway's length and they just wait those 5 mins cooldown.

BTW - one more problem people seem not to notice: with Ju288 spam and weakened AA those pesky ABusers can just fly at 500m and survive. All they have to do is go into shallow dive, get 700-800km/h and they can buzz over AF w/o fear of being hit.

I've yesterday been in the same battle as @AdelWolf and I've seen at least 4-5 such passes done b y Ju-288 and every single time (so 100% success rate) they were able to go across at about 500-1000m w/o harm.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

WAT TEH EHLL IS TIS????????????????

CHANGE THE NAME OF THE GAME TO WAR BE-6 THUNDER

1808958564_shot2019_04_2517_29_27.thumb.

magazine2 (Posted )

Please keep the caps to a minimum. And red text is only for moderators. I've edited your post. Cheers.
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
medal

They drop 16 tons, and wadda ya get?

Another game over and deeper in debt.

Saint Gaiijin don't ya call me, I don't wanna go,

I owe my soul to the playstation store.

:bomber:

Edited by *Nobody__0wens
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 25/04/2019 at 00:41, AdelWolf said:

HOW COME MY DEAR P-51 D30 AT 5.3BR HAS 5MINs OF COOLDOWN WHEREAS THOSE FILTHY JU 288C AT 5.3 DOES NOT?

cuz d30 at 5.3 is a joke

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/04/2019 at 15:43, AdelWolf said:

Apparently there is a bug which allows Ju288C respawn immeadiately again without any cooldown. This does not happen in every game. Another 5.3 BR plane I have seen doing the same was a Pe-8. I have no idea what might cause this (haven't personally been able to respawn in a 5.3 fighter without the timer yet), but especially the Ju288C "pilots" really take full advantage of it whenever it is possible.

23 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

I've seen some of those guys jumping into reserve biplane to just take-off and land within runway's length and they just wait those 5 mins cooldown.

And some people take a quick run with a Do217 or He117. Or just wait the 5min timer to run out without spawning into anything. In case there even is a cooldown timer.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, esapekkis said:

Or just wait the 5min timer to run out without spawning into anything. In case there even is a cooldown timer.

you get kicked after 5 mins. You can exit to lobby and rejoin but that might not work in strongly unbalanced teams.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

7 hours ago, esapekkis said:

Apparently there is a bug which allows Ju288C respawn immeadiately again without any cooldown. This does not happen in every game. Another 5.3 BR plane I have seen doing the same was a Pe-8. I have no idea what might cause this (haven't personally been able to respawn in a 5.3 fighter without the timer yet), but especially the Ju288C "pilots" really take full advantage of it whenever it is possible.

And some people take a quick run with a Do217 or He117. Or just wait the 5min timer to run out without spawning into anything. In case there even is a cooldown timer.

I submitted this bug a few weeks ago. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

• Thanks 4

On 24/04/2019 at 22:22, LostF0X said:

That's absurd and that's why i'm strictly flying in EC6, bombers are no longer a match there, since we have extremely fast planes and AA missiles

*coughs at america's 95% win rate before the double bomb reward bug was patched out*

U.S. faction population overflow + B-29 spam = **** victories

I grinded my japanese lineup that way - Just make sure you're with the americans and you're fine.

If you look at the victory rates of the vehicles on my stats, you can easily see this if you remember what nations typically fight against the americans. For the typical nations that fight against americans, I had to resort to [operation] type maps to get the victory RP bonus for the sake of the grind, but even then it was still barely a 50-50 chance even if I did like 10 B-29 kills per [operation] mission:

image.png.7b17ad21790a74ef87063c51bd6b0f

The american bomber spam isn't as great as it used to be, but ironically it's still the cheapest nation to bomb with on average per-tonne of TNT and average mortality rates. Before you only needed something like 1 successful run in like 50 deaths to make a profit at the end of last year when the B-29 was like 2500 SL to spawn, but now it's probably more like 1 in 3 runs. They still only need to hit 1 in 5 runs or so to ensure a victory assuming the intercepting team doesn't complete any objectives (objectives typically don't spawn when there's a lack of players anyway and it's too costly to miss any bomber to bother with objectives if your team is outnumbered).

But yeah, one of the main reasons why I play high rank vehicles is because I simply find it easier to well, actually be capable of intercepting them. Rank 2-4 Japanese are known to be somewhat superior against americans in fighter vs fighter combat for example, but even the infamous under-BR'd A7M struggles to deal with a BR 4.3 P-61 player that is even remotely aware of their surroundings, or a more realistic encounter scenario, the A-26 invader attacker found in tank battles (Why is that thing still in tank battles at such a low lineup?).

There are many possible solutions to third person gunners and overpowered vehicle spam in general, for example, adding culmative penalty of 1 minute, 2 minutes, 4 minutes etc. to the respawn timer for each death of a specific vehicle, and having at least a reasonable regular sim player which plays all vehicles equally to actually balance the BRs of the game mode. That Il-28 in my stats for example is easily worth BR 9.3 in my opinion because it's so multi-role and easy to use. My deaths are mostly due to me suiciding or doing dumb things for fun like using only time fused rockets to shoot down planes. Gunshipping with the rear gunner is stupidly easy to do with only perhaps fearing the F-2 sabre and the supersonics. I did try doing this in one match in the past to speed grind my MiG lineup and for experimentation purposes and I ended up getting 25 something kills in it for 3 deaths. So yeah um, I still stand that bombers in general are overpowered.

3 hours ago, _Dawger_ said:

I submitted this bug a few weeks ago. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

The first 20% of the BR range doesn't get a spawn timer penalty (up to 100 spawn points in cost or so). It just works very poorly in tight BR spreads such as rank 4 with its 1.3 BR spread, so I guess:
d1hpv9d-e1c2c577-d272-41b0-bd73-a8920910
Before the rank 5/6 bracket split the BR range was 6.7 to 10.0 for example.
BR 6.7 = 0 S{
BR 7.0 = 40SP
BR 7.3 = 80SP
BR 7.7 = 120SP (~5 minute penalty)
BR 8.0 = ~180SP (10 minute penalty)
BR 8.3 = ~240 SP (15 minute penalty)
etc.

medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, ZdrytchX said:

*coughs at america's 95% win rate before the double bomb reward bug was patched out*

U.S. faction population overflow + B-29 spam = **** victories

EC 6, I repeat VI, you won't see B-29 at that tier and not even so many bombers (for sure no prop bombers)
In civil war at china you will find more Il-28's than B-57

Most of times US won because enemy team quitted after a bit

medal medal medal medal medal

6 minute re-spawn timer for ALL units (take a few minuets to change in game).

That will force players to spawn something else.

Better: If player is shot down in same unit over and over again, the timer increases by 50% over life of match (6, 9, 14, 21, 31, 45, etc + minutes).

Will take more coding and play testing (5 min may be better time delay).

This issue is mainly re-spawning the same unit 1 second after J out (either shot down or suicide).

If you lock out only the Be-6, Ju-288, Pe-8, then we will see zombie Sterlings, BV 238, Halifax's, MB 162, Yer-2, P.108.

Targeting those 2 units is NOT an acceptable fix to a system wide issue.

I am speaking from 17 years of experience in MMO WW2 games.

I do expect players lineups will now contain all versions of same bomber, but those are fewer and certainly not the premiums that causing so much trouble.

9 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

6 minute re-spawn timer for ALL units (take a few minuets to change in game).

That will force players to spawn something else.

Better: If player is shot down in same unit over and over again, the timer increases by 50% over life of match (6, 9, 14, 21, 31, 45, etc + minutes).

Will take more coding and play testing (5 min may be better time delay).

This issue is mainly re-spawning the same unit 1 second after J out (either shot down or suicide).

If you lock out only the Be-6, Ju-288, Pe-8, then we will see zombie Sterlings, BV 238, Halifax's, MB 162, Yer-2, P.108.

Targeting those 2 units is NOT an acceptable fix to a system wide issue.

I am speaking from 17 years of experience in MMO WW2 games.

I do expect players lineups will now contain all versions of same bomber, but those are fewer and certainly not the premiums that causing so much trouble.

Punishing everyone for the behavior of a few is not the way to go.

If third person views are removed, air spawns are removed and the appropriate timers correctly applied according to the BR, 90% of this issue will disappear. And all of those issues can correctly called bugs.

Smash the bugs and everyone benefits.

And those three things are not targeting at specific aircraft types. They are universal items.

Other bugs that are impacting SB game play are inconsistent damage modeling, specifically fire damage, mouse control overriding damaged control surfaces (instantly fixed by removing third person mouse control), non-directional AAA tracers and unrealistic bomb delay fuse behaviors.

Smash the bugs and everyone benefits.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2