Elmezene48

The VFW needs hullbreak.

It may be a light, open truck but it is magically able to shrug off the strongest cannons in the game.This turns it into an absolutely broken tank  combined with the fact that it has the long 88mm at 5.7 and reloads extremely fast. Neither HE, AP, HESH, you name it - can reliably kill it. Even worse is that MGs can't pen it and 50 cals can only deal with it at range (in which it will still survive, because 2 crew members are in the bottom of the tank.

An open-topped AA truck shoudln't be able to survive a barrage of 130mm naval cannon fire, especially with HE. Without hullbreak it's survivability is completely nonsensical.

https://v.redd.it/kzeiw1i3e2t21/DASH_480?source=fallback

• Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 27
medal

Don't worry. After the event ends and everyone grinded for it, Gaijin will suddendly remember that they forgot to add hullbreak. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, KillaKiwi said:

Don't worry. After the event ends and everyone grinded for it, Gaijin will suddendly remember that they forgot to add hullbreak. :D

OR they will pretend to forgot it for 1 month while the whole matchmaker screws up 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, VoiceOfThePeople said:

The way you kill this thing is by ammo racking it with a shot in the **** or right through the center

Thats pure RNG and very unreliable. Most of the time the rack just turns a different color and the VFW annihilates you with a long 88mm. Thats even if the shell would reach there in the first place.

Watch the video I posted, I shoot an SU-100Y straight there and the shell just gets eaten up before touching the rack 

• Upvote 2
medal

I'm not even interested in the vehicle. It's should be really bad but it's the opposite. This vehicle is the embodiment of everything wrong with ground forces.

APHE wonder, no armor = best armor, number of crews > armor, big target > small and conceiled.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal

42 minutes ago, KillaKiwi said:

This vehicle is the embodiment of everything wrong with ground forces.

APHE wonder, no armor = best armor, number of crews > armor, big target > small and conceiled.

It's missing one thing that the Obj120 has over it. An offset shape so players using target tracking miss.

medal medal medal

So many toasters.

20190418200329_1.thumb.jpg.5a1f0731ece79
Nearly all Allied tanks got point and clicked before reaching the cap zone.

Those things are practically game breaking. The amount of time and effort you need to kill one gives enough reaction time for you or your allies to destroy whatever was trying to kill the toastwagen. Not to mention it is outright better than every single tank destroyer between 4.7 and even at 6.7.

Edited by Slayer3XD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 11
medal medal

i got even more bad news its apcbc shell is under performing, so get ready for it to be buffed.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, sgtlongbow said:

i got even more bad news its apcbc shell is under performing, so get ready for it to be buffed.

Its German, there won't be any buffs.

I do think it should get hullbroken, but not by every  N O O B driving around with their head cut off in their broken T34 85.

I don't know why nobody has figured out to shoot the left side of its turret, 3 crew member + gun elevation and vertical turret drive.

It has a 4 sec realod because its an AA gun. This gun with a good crew was able to reload in 2.5 seconds by basically throwing the shell into the breech as soon as it ejected the case.

This is possible because the loaders have a lot of space to operate.

Hullbreak? Yes, with HEAT (sometimes at least, HEAT doesn't reliably hullbreak for example the ZSU 57, Object 120 or T92 anymore) and calibres above, let's say 90 or 100 mm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Also things like BMP's, OBJ120 and other light vehicles need to get their hullbreak back. Those are way bigger problems than any VFW.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

35 minutes ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

Also things like BMP's, OBJ120 and other light vehicles need to get their hullbreak back. Those are way bigger problems than any VFW.

Agree, its with every new vehicle like that.

Look at IS 7, people get killed because everyone spams it and wanted to spade it.

Then its BR got increased, the spam stopped and now nobody complains anymore.

The VFW has just much more owners and is much more fun than the Tiger, that's why you meet them more often.

But for example the Object 906/BMP 2 is a bigger problem.

Those can bounce APDSFS from their upper plate and the 906 won't get hullbroken too.

I've shot one with 120mm HEAT and Sturmpanzer HE, no hullbreaks, it oneshotted me back

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

@Cazamal I'm surprised it doesn't have hull break. Gaijin is not consistent when it comes to their policy in terms of hull break, it's a good idea but it needs to be worked on.

• Upvote 6
medal medal

lol nah 

Just wait for the spam to die down and then see how it performs. People always complain that a new vehicle that’s good is op becuase it’s being spammed and no one knows how to deal with it or where it’s going to show up on the battlefield. But wait a few weeks and it’ll be fine.

Giving the VFW hullbreak would make it literally useless, given how massive it is. 

If you’re struggling just shoot it’s breach, guarantees it can’t fire back and usually take out at least 1 of the crew sitting next to it.

The real problem is all the people trying to, for some reason, shoot through the gun shield when that doesn’t guarantee that you’ll knock out the gunner. 

Dont get me wrong, it’s really good for its BR, but it should be for the amount of work required to get it, and it’s not so op that it needs a nerf. In order to get the fast reload you need to have the sides down, leaving the crew open to Arty sharpnel and MG fire. 

You can also just MG them to death from the front with .50s. 

Also, CAS. 

You can also just MG the gunner in the face through the viewport in the gun shield, as well.

Edited by Shatterfish
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Shatterfish said:

lGiving the VFW hullbreak would make it literally useless, given how massive it is. 

This is one of the reasons why it needs hullbreak. It's size allows it to absorb shells despite the fact that it's supposed to be a glass cannon.

If you’re struggling just shoot it’s breach, guarantees it can’t fire back and usually take out at least 1 of the crew sitting next to it.

The breech is incredibly small, and hitting it will only allow the bus to return to cover and repair in a few seconds. This is the kind of argument for a Heavy Tank, not for a long 88mm at 5.7.

1 hour ago, Shatterfish said:

Giving the VFW hullbreak would make it literally useless, given how massive it is.  

Give me a break. It has a 4 second reload, 223mm of pen due to it's long 88. It oneshots everything even during a full uptier. It would be just like the Flakbus at 4.0, a great sniper with unparalleled firepower. It doesn't need to be as survivable as a Churchill on top of that to be viable.

In order to get the fast reload you need to have the sides down, leaving the crew open to Arty sharpnel and MG fire. 

You can also just MG them to death from the front with .50s. 

You can also just MG the gunner in the face through the viewport in the gun shield, as well.

Most non-Americans don't have 50 cals, and 50 cals can't pen at range anyways (Which you should be doing, not brawling like a heavy tank and absorbing rounds). At range the thing is near-impossible to kill by most tanks other than an FV4005.

Edited by Cazamal
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal

What I find odd is how little to no shrapnel is produced when getting hits on the thing.

• Upvote 2
medal medal

Give it hullbreak, but only if a shell hits the hull. The Nashorn has hullbreak applied to every section of it (or it used to) and being hullbroken by a shell slightly grazing a corner of the gunshield gets very old very quickly.

This thing gets taken out very very easily. 7.62mm MGs can destroy the gunbreech.

• Upvote 3
medal medal

43 minutes ago, Cazamal said:

This is one of the reasons why it needs hullbreak. It's size allows it to absorb shells despite the fact that it's supposed to be a glass cannon.

The breech is incredibly small, and hitting it will only allow the bus to return to cover and repair in a few seconds. This is the kind of argument for a Heavy Tank, not for a long 88mm at 5.7.

Give me a break. It has a 4 second reload, 223mm of pen due to it's long 88. It oneshots everything even during a full uptier. It would be just like the Flakbus at 4.0, a great sniper with unparalleled firepower. It doesn't need to be as survivable as a Churchill on top of that to be viable.

Most non-Americans don't have 50 cals, and 50 cals can't pen at range anyways (Which you should be doing, not brawling like a heavy tank and absorbing rounds). At range the thing is near-impossible to kill by most tanks other than an FV4005.

Soooooo... just because you don’t know how, or refuse to learn how, to deal with VFWs then people who spent time and money earning it should get the shaft? 

Nah man, suck it up and learn to deal with it.

Using all of the tactics I mentioned above I rarely have an issue with them anymore because I actually learned what to do rather than just instantly running to the forums to whine about it.

There also this little thing called an HE shell, I always carry at least 5 of them, makes taking out light targets like flak busses a breeze if you just drop one right on top of the breach.

Admittedly this is more of a problem for Brits, who don’t get an HE shell for every tank, but they have good guns with quick reloads and stabilizers so it’s hardly an issue.

Also lol @ “repair in a few seconds”, try at least 38 seconds for a breach repair, in which time you should be able to figure out how to deal with it or relocate. Don’t blame others for your poor play. 

• Confused 8
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Shatterfish said:

There also this little thing called an HE shell, I always carry at least 5 of them, makes taking out light targets like flak busses a breeze if you just drop one right on top of the breach.

I literally just posted a video of the VFW absorbing 6 HE shells from an SU-100Y, applied to various parts of the video. It doesn't destroy it.

Also lol @ “repair in a few seconds”, try at least 38 seconds for a breach repair

This is because you have a low-level crew. I've had a VFW take a breech shot from an IS-2, reload, and kill me before I could even reload.

The fact that it remains unkillable by even large-caliber cannons isn't a "Learn to Play" issue, it's a balance issue. It can kill everything without thinking about it with the Long 88 at 5.7 but survive enemy fire better than the heavies at it's BR, that's literally an unbalanced vehicle. That's like saying the IS-6 would be balanced at 5.7 because you can shot-trap it and shoot it's barrel.

• Confused 5
  • Upvote 6
medal

12 hours ago, Shatterfish said:

Soooooo... just because you don’t know how, or refuse to learn how, to deal with VFWs then people who spent time and money earning it should get the shaft? 

Because it isn't a L2P issue, it is the damage model of the VFW making absolutely no sense. 

It outright absorbs HE, APHE and every ammo it meets in its BR range.

No one said it is impossible to kill, the VFW is outright harder to kill than it should be.

Using all of the tactics I mentioned above I rarely have an issue with them anymore because I actually learned what to do rather than just instantly running to the forums to whine about it.

Because your "tactics" barely work or are RNG prone.

I've fought in and fought against VFWs to know how those "tactics" are prone to work. Including being machinegunned by a M4A3 and still being able to replace the crew and point and click it away or the times I tried to get the breech but the shell passed through without doing any damage. 

Also, neither machineguns and HE shells are going to be reliable at range, you need to get close to either accurately hit where the HE is going to do damage or machinegun the gunner view port. Outside of close range the VFW can shoot APHE faster than practically every tank can fire HE. 

Admittedly this is more of a problem for Brits, who don’t get an HE shell for every tank, but they have good guns with quick reloads and stabilizers so it’s hardly an issue.

Brits only get stabilizers at 6.7, which makes a very small minority of the British tanks the VFW is going to encounter.

The Brits reload rates for the 17pdr and 20pdr are in line with the reloads of the other tank cannons and not bellow 5 to 7 seconds, which still slower than the VFW can fire.

Stop spreading non-sense.

Also lol @ “repair in a few seconds”, try at least 38 seconds for a breach repair, in which time you should be able to figure out how to deal with it or relocate. Don’t blame others for your poor play. 

For you. I repaired with less than 30 seconds most of the time.

And good luck getting the breech hit in the first place. Why? It isn't just stupidly tiny, but also because most shells can barely reach and hit the breech, because how tiny it is and because the super structure holding the breech either soaks the shell  and its fragments or sets off the fuses before it can damage it.

VFW.thumb.jpg.9c78979e7ca2fdf254318a2589

The breech isn't just tiny, it is behind a lot of structural steel to protect it or is just a few pixels away from letting the shell pass through without doing any sort of damage.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

14 hours ago, Shatterfish said:

There also this little thing called an HE shell

Before you've switched to it it'll have already killed you with 4 sec reload. Given that all the other vehicles with that little armour have hullbreak I see no reason as to why this shouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As an arcade player where bombs, rockets and strafing planes rain like there's no tomorrow, I disagree. The thing is huge and therefore an easy target. Maybe if they rework the way hull break works in the game, losing your vehicle because a rocket landed a few meters away from you or because a HEAT shell hit your tracks is nonsense.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Meo_Muri said:

Am I the only one not afraid of it but worrying about my whole team getting slaughtered by it ?

It's obviously yet another case of Allied fear mongering of Axis vehicles. We're getting used to it. Speaking for myself, all the ones I met (playing FR 6.7 and UK) I managed to kill with 2 shots, and it was AP. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

The problem is it’s model, fix it before we applying hull break mechanism to it. People just got it through a ridiculous hard event  and now, you guy want to nerf it without learning how to kill it ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal