Sign in to follow this  
MattOScience

Struggling with Soviets RB

You can see my preset of tanks in the picture.

I've been playing Soviets because I can't understand anything and thought they might be fun.

So I went from reserve tanks to all the way to KV-1 which was my amazing time.

With the KV-1 I dominated every tank in armor which helped me out since I suck at tactics or angling or any of that stuff I don't understand.

But then I researched the KV-1S and that was my biggest downfall of all. I started playing with it and got rekt every time I encountered a tank (even Japanese tanks) could pierce me.

I'm really frustrated because I have a GE wager on (Rookie GE Wager) and I would really love to get the Golden Eagles.

But I keep getting 1 shoted and I cant destroy any tank (expect if i'm the BB-1 and bombing).

Please help me, I don't understand most things about the game my IQ is -900 and I really like this game.

I don't even know what to type, because I don't understand what I'm doing.

2019-04-09.png

go with your teammates, camp at a good spot in the map or flank. and dont take max ammo, take 10-40. also learn your ammo type along the penetration and explosive mass

angle your tank at 45 degrees for a higher chance of ricochet from enemies. use terrain to your advantage, use hills and other stuff to protect yourself.

and learn your tanks weak spots and others as well.

or just watch a tutorial or something

that's all i could think of right now that works for me, hopefully useful

• Thanks 1

the kv-1 has less armor and will face better guns than the L-11. I still play it similar to the other kv's but I would recommend that you focus on learning the weak spots on the enemy tanks to take out their gunners. The aphe round for the kv-1s is great so once you get the quick shooting down you will do a lot better.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The KV-1S is tricky to use because it's not really well armored for its BR. The gun is decent though. 

Looking at your screenshot,  the KV is your problem.  Its BR is 4.3. The rest of your lineup is 3.7 or lower. So when you join a match, the KV-1S drags you up to fight at up to 5.3 where your other tanks have no business fighting.  You should drop the KV-1S from your lineup until you get other 4.3 vehicles to put with it like the KV-1 ZIS5 and T-34 57.

In the meantime you should focus on getting the T-34 1941 and T-34 1942 which pair well with your KV-1 because they're all 3.7.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

17 hours ago, HalbKana said:

The KV-1S is tricky to use because it's not really well armored for its BR. The gun is decent though. 

Looking at your screenshot,  the KV is your problem.  Its BR is 4.3. The rest of your lineup is 3.7 or lower. So when you join a match, the KV-1S drags you up to fight at up to 5.3 where your other tanks have no business fighting.  You should drop the KV-1S from your lineup until you get other 4.3 vehicles to put with it like the KV-1 ZIS5 and T-34 57.

In the meantime you should focus on getting the T-34 1941 and T-34 1942 which pair well with your KV-1 because they're all 3.7.

Yes that was the advice I was looking for thank you!

I took it out and i'm back to dominating the battlefield.

Sign in to follow this