War Thunder wiki update list

I was looking at all the amazing stuff done over all the update in WT on the War Thunder wiki update list, and I came across this said in the very last update

• Added 25 new vehicles:
    • 7 Regular Aircraft
    • 4 Gift / Bundle Aircraft
    • 6 Regular Tanks
  • 1 Gift / Bundle Tanks
  • 7 Regular Ships
  • Added French helicopters to the game
  • Added Rank 7 Tanks
  • Added Supersonic jets to all nations (that didn't have one prior)

The last line "Added Supersonic jets to all nations (that didn't have one prior) " can someone tell me what brit plane is Supersonic? I thought a Supersonic jet had to go over the speed of sound. Didnt think the Hunter was fast enough Brits seem to be only one without one, but a hell of a lot of work has been done none the less over the years well done

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

moved > Community Related > War Thunder Wikipedia
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, CoachJester said:

The last line "Added Supersonic jets to all nations (that didn't have one prior) " can someone tell me what brit plane is Supersonic? I thought a Supersonic jet had to go over the speed of sound. Didnt think the Hunter was fast enough Brits seem to be only one without one, but a hell of a lot of work has been done none the less over the years well done

Technically, we've seen the Hunter and even Javelin on the verge or going supersonic in WT from community media.

Back to serious notes, perhaps a better wording would be "Added Rank 6 jets to all nations (that didn't have one prior)" considering the additions of T-2, Super Mystere, MiG-19S, and G.91 YS.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It's a matter of definitions.

If you are asking if they can go past Mach 1 then yes the Hunter and Javelin can go supersonic.

If you're asking if they can go the speed of sound at sea level and 20 º C(1235 km/h), then no they do not have any supersonic planes. However with that definition Italy also does not have a supersonic jet.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal