*LtCol-RedFox

constant shuttering updated repost

As seen from the title I've been having shutting for quite some time it started in late 1.85 a week prior to the release of patch 1.87 and is still occurring and such I don't really know what to do .

First off when I notice it I asked around and a mod said it might be over clocking so I read up on it delete some things (+200GB) of space but nothing so I don’t think it’s that.

so I figured just wait and see if the patch might fix but it didn't. Saw that many started having shuttering as well in the patch people said it was radar but them was them as like I said the shuttering started a week prior.

So after two weeks I asked around again and asked a mod If I should un-install and re-install to see if it fixed It but they said to ask here on the forum so this is why I'm here.

The problem is every match every mode the game shutting constant fast but clippie frames smoke is glitchy and say firing naval guns sometimes the gun reload, fire but no sound is heard.

I believe it’s on WT side as other games such as BF4 TD2 and so on of online game are not affected by this.

So there is it I have not a clue why it's like this and I have no Idea what to do I'm hoping the forum has the answers either from a player, moderator or tech staff.

I've put up a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/4V0IUMFIKUI seven minutes ish shown from three vehicles.

Hopefully this is the right place to get an answer and much needed help.

Edit: was told by a mod to move it to general PS4 area.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Haven't seen anything like this personally, sometimes it stutters a little for me while everything is loading in at the start of the match but apart from that it runs fine for me. This should really be in the bug report section but it would be useful if anyone else is having similar issues to post and let us know.

Couple of questions to clarify the problem you're having.

Are you using a standard or pro.

Are all modes affected or just naval.

Does this happen every match or is it just sometimes.

I will forward this thread to our tech mod @*Shibiwan to see if he has any ideas.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1. Pro

2.all modes even in the video shows aviation in navy it's like that in air as well never tried ground should of sorry.

3.every custom battle I've tried it's been like that early on I tried air it was the same as in the video.

also you said General or Bug sorry If I chose wrong.

3 hours ago, *LtCol-RedFox said:

1. Pro

2.all modes even in the video shows aviation in navy it's like that in air as well never tried ground should of sorry.

3.every custom battle I've tried it's been like that early on I tried air it was the same as in the video.

also you said General or Bug sorry If I chose wrong.

Thanks, it's not about being right or wrong, general is more likely to get player response and show if it's happening to more people than you but a bug report will start an official investigation and get passed on to the dev team if it's necessary.

I think it's probably a hardware issue if it's just you but if it's common to many player's it's more likely to be a game issue,  either way let's see if more people are having a similar issue and take it from there.

So marc should I keep it here or should I repost it in the bug report section or have it moved over by a forum mod.

also you bring up if it's a hardware issue why would it only target War Thunder? as other games are not affected by this at all.

all in all I appreciate the response from you.

3 hours ago, *LtCol-RedFox said:

So marc should I keep it here or should I repost it in the bug report section or have it moved over by a forum mod.

also you bring up if it's a hardware issue why would it only target War Thunder? as other games are not affected by this at all.

all in all I appreciate the response from you.

Let's leave it here for now to give people a chance to post if they are having similar issues, i have forwarded it to *shibiwan for his opinion because it's more his area of expertise than mine so when he sees it he can decide what's the best thing to do.

To be honest i am just thinking logically, it's running ok for me on my pro and i haven't seen any similar complaints recently from other players, if it's running that bad for everyone i would definitely expect people to be reporting it. Generally a game issue would be experienced by multiple people but i am not seeing the usual feedback from our active forum members that i would expect if that was the case, that said i am certainly no expert so let's see what the tech team thinks.

Hopefully we can figure out a way to resolve it for you between us.

Did some battles in navy ab to compare, ran fine for me with no major issues aside from this one. Had a bit of the stuttering on the second spawn but apart from that it was ok.

So I watched your video marc like you said after the spawn I notice the smoke and the turrets (I think as well) but at six minutes that was a lag spike right?

Also I tried GF tonight in a custom had similar problems like seen in another PS4 players post ben197cup post the barrel on the tank twitch a bit but I cannot say for sure if it's the same.

By the way I forgot to add to the original post single missions dynamic campaigns and historical campaigns as well as test area all work fine It just seems to be in live / custom matches the schuttering happens.

Hi,

I've done some testing on my PS4 Pro and standard PS4 (launch) hand did not have any appreciable issues. There was a little bit of frame drops on the older unit because the disk on it is pretty full (and probably also being a standard)

My recommendation is to minimize the number of games you have installed on the PS4 since it leads to data fragmentation if it is too full. WT is impacted by disk activity so this will affect stuttering to some extent.

The other thing to try is to rebuild the database:

1. Turn off your PS4 using the power button on the front of the device.
  2. Hold the power button down and wait for two beeps.
  3. Connect your PS4's DualShock 4 controller to the console using a compatible USB cable.
  4. From the Safe Mode menu, choose option five, Rebuild Database.

4 hours ago, *LtCol-RedFox said:

So I watched your video marc like you said after the spawn I notice the smoke and the turrets (I think as well) but at six minutes that was a lag spike right?

Also I tried GF tonight in a custom had similar problems like seen in another PS4 players post ben197cup post the barrel on the tank twitch a bit but I cannot say for sure if it's the same.

By the way I forgot to add to the original post single missions dynamic campaigns and historical campaigns as well as test area all work fine It just seems to be in live / custom matches the schuttering happens.

I don't think it's network related although i could be wrong, it feels like the ps4 can't keep up sometimes when there's a lot going on, i tried to watch the server replay but it wouldn't work for me so it's hard to be sure either way.

1 hour ago, *Shibiwan said:

Hi,

I've done some testing on my PS4 Pro and standard PS4 (launch) hand did not have any appreciable issues. There was a little bit of frame drops on the older unit because the disk on it is pretty full (and probably also being a standard)

My recommendation is to minimize the number of games you have installed on the PS4 since it leads to data fragmentation if it is too full. WT is impacted by disk activity so this will affect stuttering to some extent.

The other thing to try is to rebuild the database:

1. Turn off your PS4 using the power button on the front of the device.
  2. Hold the power button down and wait for two beeps.
  3. Connect your PS4's DualShock 4 controller to the console using a compatible USB cable.
  4. From the Safe Mode menu, choose option five, Rebuild Database.

Thanks @*Shibiwan,

I played a few games and that was the only issue i had myself, nobody else is reporting a similar issue that i have seen so far.

hmm I did what Shibiwan said to do marc.

I rebooted the database and it's still stuttering tried naval and GF same stuff I even deleted some games and nothing.

well should I try my old standard update it and update WT and see if it's the Pro?

16 hours ago, *LtCol-RedFox said:

hmm I did what Shibiwan said to do marc.

I rebooted the database and it's still stuttering tried naval and GF same stuff I even deleted some games and nothing.

well should I try my old standard update it and update WT and see if it's the Pro?

It would be useful to use the standard to check if it's pro or something else if it's available.

Couple more questions to help narrow it down.

What's your location and which servers do you use.

What's your internet speed, do you use wired or WiFi and do you have any idea what your ping is.

• Like 1

okay I'll try the standard soon might take a day anyway.

Australia mostly on SA but also have EU & RU selected.

the speed varies from time to time nbn is 100% worst internet into the world.

I actually wish I used wifi surprisingly even with the wifi and having no data amount one can still play fine (only air). but sadly I have skymuster nbn satellite internet but like I said Battlefield 4 The Division 2 and many others all run fine but not WT so I doubt it's internet related.

and the Ping not the foggiest idea but it's higher than most.

Thanks for the response,

Would you mind running a network and ping test for me, just trying to cover all the bases. http://ping-test.net/mobile/speed_test

Press x on the 3 bars upper right and select full site for the ping test and then press x on accurate before starting the test.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I am still having the problem of general stuttering and a freeze when I am close to a plane, in zoom, and it catches fire.  The picture freezes for 1-5 seconds and the sound is like a skipping record.  I don't have pro, very good connection speed and a disk only about 20% full. 

medal medal medal

ummm.... hmmm well than this is a shocker never notice this before but still it doesn't effect anything else and WT does cater to most low end things but.

ping: 698

dwld:22 which never is usually 

upld:0.97 

hmmm well that sums up nbn in a nutshell. 

so if this is the case would it possible mean I can't play WT anymore...

2 hours ago, *LtCol-RedFox said:

ummm.... hmmm well than this is a shocker never notice this before but still it doesn't effect anything else and WT does cater to most low end things but.

ping: 698

dwld:22 which never is usually 

upld:0.97 

hmmm well that sums up nbn in a nutshell. 

so if this is the case would it possible mean I can't play WT anymore...

As far as i am aware the network requirements for wt haven't changed so i doubt that you won't be able to play anymore but it's being looked into so let's see what happens.

I have recently upgraded my internet but my old speed was around 4.5 down 0.66 up and my ping was around 150, it was very rare for me to have issues with wt although patches and uploading video was painfully slow, my new one runs around 47 down 17 up and the ping varies depending on distance i am in the UK and within Europe it's around 32 to 47 Washington was around 150 and Hong Kong around 250.

Did you run the second test on accurate that measures ping to Washington, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Amsterdam and Moscow.

• Like 1

marc was that with the link or do you have an app?

wasn't much options with the link.

yeah forgot to add I tried the standard (launch) and it was the same occur as on the Pro.

5 hours ago, *LtCol-RedFox said:

marc was that with the link or do you have an app?

wasn't much options with the link.

yeah forgot to add I tried the standard (launch) and it was the same occur as on the Pro.

With the link, if you open it with the ps4 you should see 3 horizontal bars at the top right of the page, if you use the left stick to put the cursor on it and press x it will open up a menu, from that menu press x on full site ( 3rd one down ) and it will take you to a ping test, just above where it says start ping test there's options for fast and accurate, fast is the default so just select accurate and start the test.

Thanks for checking with the standard.

May i also draw your attention to the latest client update. It's not out on ps4 yet but next time you update it would be nice to know if it helped you.:salute:

• Thanks 1

well I'd like to thank you Marc_1974_ & Shibiwan for rendering assistance as well as the other players as well. 

The update 05.04.2019(1.87.1.36) has gone up & everything is calm sailing Aviation & Naval are all G again.

so than thanks to game developers as well for fixing the issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, *LtCol-RedFox said:

well I'd like to thank you Marc_1974_ & Shibiwan for rendering assistance as well as the other players as well. 

The update 05.04.2019(1.87.1.36) has gone up & everything is calm sailing Aviation & Naval are all G again.

so than thanks to game developers as well for fixing the issue.

Thanks for letting us know that it's fixed for you with the update, glad you can enjoy the game to it's full extent again and good luck in your battles.

I will leave this thread open for a couple of days just in case anyone has any further issues to report and then lock it as solved.

Many thanks to the dev team for resolving this issue.:salute:

9 hours ago, *samhwy said:

Yesterday the issue happened once again when playing the Vietnam map. I played 4 battles but only one battle had the issue. It occurs quite random. :dntknw:

Must be something different then, could you please post some video footage of it and a server replay link next time it happens.

On 04/04/2019 at 21:15, *erintim said:

I am still having the problem of general stuttering and a freeze when I am close to a plane, in zoom, and it catches fire.  The picture freezes for 1-5 seconds and the sound is like a skipping record.  I don't have pro, very good connection speed and a disk only about 20% full. 

I will dust off my standard and see if it happens to me.