*SanCiock

[fwd 16.04.2019] Planes with one single turret, first person view Y-axis control bug

Hi!

PlayStation4 version: 2.51

Version: 1.87.0.79 (this bug is older)

In the video (link below) I'm using a japanese B5N2 but this bug appears with all aircrafts with a single turret, so with the first person view of the gunner.

I play only RB but I'm pretty shure it happens in every battle mode.

This bug does not allow the player to aim the gun of the turret up or down more than the amount that you see in the video. It's really annoying because that gunner is the only way to defend ourself from enemy airfighters.

I really hope you can solve this issue because I only use theese types of planes and atm I'm feeling defenseless, hoping that no fighter sees me while flying.. :(

https://youtu.be/jVwkJeCNdDM

https://youtu.be/jVwkJeCNdDM

There was another topic about this bug but I can't find it anymore and the issue is still there so I decided to make a new one; my apologies.

Thank you and sorry for my poor english, I'm from Italy.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Is this still a problem after the latest update?

Thanks

Hi Shibiwan;
yes, I've tried 5 mins ago.

I play almost every evening and it's I think a couple of months, more or less, that this issue is going on.

Can you do something about it?

The AI gunner opens fire when the enemy is at 0.21 km at max level (when controlled by the system, the gunner fires at full Y-axis, correctly); but it's to close considering the engagement range of an attacking player so this bug is a real pain IMO.

I need some help from you. Can you make a video of the problem so I can pass it along to the developers?

Thank you.

Shure, is the one in the first post not enough?

https://youtu.be/jVwkJeCNdDM this one.

EDIT: Tell me what do you need more than that video because I don't know exactly what to add. To aim with the gunner I'm using defaut realistic pad config. except for inverted Y-axis.

Edited by *SanCiock

Hi @*Shibiwan,

Version 1.87.1.31

System ps4 pro

Did some testing of single turret aircraft in response to a player created thread and there seems to be an issue with the y axis when using the stick, basically you can only move the turret up and down by a tiny amount, you can get around it by using the touchpad although that seems to have an issue on the x axis,  after it travels a certain distance it won't go any further unless you use the stick. You can kind of get by using a combination of both but i believe it's a bug and would be grateful if you could look into it.

To recreate go into gunner view with an aircraft with a single turret  ( test flight will work fine for testing it ) and try moving the stick up and down, i tried swapping sticks and there was no difference, you can move it up and down with the touchpad but that will stop working after a certain distance either left or right although it will go back in the opposite direction with no problem.

Did a quick video to demonstrate, first aircraft has two turrets for comparison and works fine, second and third are single turret aircraft to demonstrate the problem and i used the touchpad on the third to show that the y axis works if you use that.

Thanks,

Marc.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I've seen reports on this but haven't seen videos so yours helps.

Much appreciated. I'll try to put this in soon.

Thanks,

I believe the issue affects all platforms and is already reported, not sure about the touchpad part though afaik we're the only one's that use them.

As a workaround for the meantime you can solve the problem by setting "camera from aircraft gunner sight" in the options menu to no.:good:

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi guys,

I'm combining the threads and submitting this as one report. Thanks Marc for doing the troubleshooting for me while I was out sick.

• Thanks 1