*IllyrianEagle1

Can't buy T72 after spending money in GE

So, I bought ge to buy the T72, now it says I have to unlock first t62, what the xxxx xxxx is wrong with this game? Why did it even xxxx allow me to grind it if I can't xxxx buy it? This is really pissing me off, xxxx let me buy the tank, spent god damn money in it!!!!!!!!

magazine2 (Posted )

Moved to appropriate section.
  • Haha 1
medal

Hello.

In order to buy the T-72, you first need the T-62. This was changed here.

In game it shows an arrow connecting from the T-62 to the T-72, and clearly says on the stat card of the T-72 that you need the T-62 first. 

If you grind the T-62 you'll be able to buy the T-72.

I am sorry this happened to you, but it is just unfortunate. 

I think the problem here is the inconsistent messages players receive. We are used to the system of red out = can't buy, non red out = able to buy. If players already think they can purchase a vehicle they won't be looking at the top of the stat card to see if its secretly unavailable despite the game seeming to tell them that it is.

This is evident in teh tree right below these two tanks with the T55A here for instance:

2019-03-25.thumb.png.d591e304f2ad98720b6
Considering that the T55 is clearly blocked, the fact that the T62 and T72 aren't blocked could be easily interpreted to mean that they can be researched and purchased, after all there is no logical reason to have them researchable but unpurchasable. Another problem is players who are busy researching who then can't purchase the vehicle they just spend months or weeks researching and they have to start from scratch grinding the previous vehicle. I've had situations somewhat similar to the OP's happen to me with both the AD-2 and the SU-100, where the tree order got shuffled or new vehicles added and I was shafted with 150k more RP to grind to get a vehicle that I was 5k RP away from when I took a break. This was months or even years ago and I don't really care now, but at the time I was very frustrated.

I think the solution is to red out all these vehicles if a precursor vehicle is added or the research flow is changed. If players had already put RP towards the vehicle, that RP should be relocated to the new vehicle below it or possibly whatever vehicle the affected player chooses.

Edited by Aerobane
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal

I agree the UI really needs improvement in order of research progression requirement changes. I'm not sure if I should trust RP reallocation though, because there's been several bugs, some of which still exist where RP goes missing after finishing a module or vehicle.

medal medal medal medal

Same story here :D The problem is not the UI, it's the 1.87 economics patch. Before it, T-72 and T-64 wasn't bound to previous tanks, after the patch you have to grind trough all the previous machines. 

Gaijin just wants you to buy more premium time and Gold Eagles to get there.

Aside of that, they seriously need experienced UI designers. Current UI which is used since forever sucks badly...

medal medal