ScottishFalcon

Cheiften marksman radar issue?

is it just me or is anyone having issues with the radar on the cheiften marksman becuase sometimes i can lock and sometimes i cant sometimes its for a couple of seconds other times longer and sometimes the radar doesnt work altogether by spotting and when it gives the lead indicator and you fire at it it doesnt even go near the aircraft. ive tried locking onto aircraft that are more than high enough off the ground but for some reason it wont lock at all its nothing to do with my controls as there is nothing wrong with them

Edited by ScottishFalcon
medal medal

48 minutes ago, ScottishFalcon said:

is it just me or is anyone having issues with the radar on the cheiften marksman becuase sometimes i can lock and sometimes i cant sometimes its for a couple of seconds other times longer and sometimes the radar doesnt work altogether by spotting and when it gives the lead indicator and you fire at it it doesnt even go near the aircraft. ive tried locking onto aircraft that are more than high enough off the ground but for some reason it wont lock at all its nothing to do with my controls as there is nothing wrong with them

I get the same thing. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, ScottishFalcon said:

Same but I'm not sure it's limited to the one vehicle. I think the lock on feature is very buggy. 

As for the lead indicator ping will still have an effect and it's still a prediction on a continuous flight path so small changes to one plane over a few km will make you miss by a lot.  Also firing at such long ranges the tracer fire will have to lead to much and aim so much higher then your use to at the shorter ranges before radar.   At least this is my take on the matter 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Radar ect as a whole is a tad buggy. A few squadron friends and I were testing it the other week and found it very inconstant.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yeah, I am struggling to get it to work at all.

Last night, was trying to use this vehicle and multiple Migs were overhead and couldnt lock any, had clear LOS to them and got nothing. Was very frustrating

medal medal

just had a game were a G.91 flew at a friendly heli couldnt get a lock and even the radar signature only popped up for a second, seems random as hell as other times i can clear the skies in seconds :facepalm:

medal medal

So, I just unlokced this one last night.  Couple of things I'm struggling with;

There is a minimum engagement range? Within a certain distance (maybe 1.5km?) it loses lock.

I can't seem to get it to shift radar range - the 'change radar scale' doesn't work. Not sure if it does for other vehicles?  This is the only one with Radar I have; it's pegged at 12km

Perhaps this two issues are related? I thought if one could chagne the search range then it might hold lock on closer targets.

Edited by Stathem
medal medal medal

FYI radar does not work at all on any spaa.

its completely broken and testdrive works fine... IF you stay where you spawn, but if you start moving into the other side of the test drive map, tthe radar starts behaving again.

It will not track, it will not even find the planes sometimes in the clear sky, it will not lock on.

medal

9 hours ago, Stathem said:

So, I just unlokced this one last night.  Couple of things I'm struggling with;

There is a minimum engagement range? Within a certain distance (maybe 1.5km?) it loses lock.

I can't seem to get it to shift radar range - the 'change radar scale' doesn't work. Not sure if it does for other vehicles?  This is the only one with Radar I have; it's pegged at 12km

Perhaps this two issues are related? I thought if one could chagne the search range then it might hold lock on closer targets.

The Marksman's search radar has a minimum range of 1,000 m, below which radar targets cannot be displayed on the radar display, you can however track targets as close as 100 m. You also cannot detect or track targets moving slower than 54 kph (relative to you).

The marksman only has one range setting fixed at 12 km (note you can only track out to 10 km). Some other SPAAs have a few different range scales.

You can read more about the marksman radar on the wiki.

Also keep in mind, if there are trees / buildings nearby then they can mess with the radar.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Flame2512 said:

The Marksman's search radar has a minimum range of 1,000 m, below which radar targets cannot be displayed on the radar display, you can however track targets as close as 100 m. You also cannot detect or track targets moving slower than 54 kph (relative to you).

The marksman only has one range setting fixed at 12 km (note you can only track out to 10 km). Some other SPAAs have a few different range scales.

You can read more about the marksman radar on the wiki.

Also keep in mind, if there are trees / buildings nearby then they can mess with the radar.

Ok, that makes sense.  Many thanks.

medal medal medal

On 02/05/2019 at 18:59, Flame2512 said:

Target lock is still not working in RB. Works in test battles, but not at all in RB with the Marksman. Target selected on the radar for 5 seconds, clear field, cannot lock.

How long till this gets fixed?

medal

26 minutes ago, Sarcastic_Bullet said:

Target lock is still not working in RB. Works in test battles, but not at all in RB with the Marksman. Target selected on the radar for 5 seconds, clear field, cannot lock.

How long till this gets fixed?

Add a clog to the existing bug report. I havent played the marksman enough recently to do so myself.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/05/2019 at 23:53, IStrykerI said:

Add a clog to the existing bug report. I havent played the marksman enough recently to do so myself.

Where is that bug report, want to contribute with clogs

medal medal medal medal medal

Is anyone else having issues with the radar randomly switching itself off after the recent 1.91 patch? Ive been using my marksman again because of the really annoying heli and G91 spam at top tier and while the stormer is still massively broken its the only option. But in the last couple of matches the radar just turns itself off completely even though at the time i didn't have a key bound to switch it off or on because i never want to switch it off.

medal

It starts switched off now. So you need a key to switch it on in the first place.

Other than that, the radar can be damaged by enemy fire and thus require repair to work again.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal