MTom

Gaijin either fix the broken HE mechanics or remove 3OF26

What's the point of having armour if a measly HE shell can pen EVERYTHING and ANYTHING in the game?

 

Russia have enough help...they have kontak5 on the T80, to 10.0 shells for 3 tanks now, the only missile AA, good helis, etc...

You gave them enough cheats to be competitive, get rid of this cheting broken thing.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 17
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what upsets me the most about this round is that it tends to ricochet into the most effective place to explode when fired blindly at the front of a tank. Whereas every other shell becomes much less effective on a bounce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, derWuestenfuchs said:

Talking about going into battle with a stock tank here. The stock darts are gonna do jack to the Leopard 2A5, especially with stock accuracy.

Talking about going into a battle with stock tank here... That counts for everyone... 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, derWuestenfuchs said:

Talking about going into battle with a stock tank here. The stock darts are gonna do jack to the Leopard 2A5, especially with stock accuracy.

 

Welcome to the M60A1 RISE (P) pre BR decrease/accuracy fix.

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, derWuestenfuchs said:

Talking about going into battle with a stock tank here. The stock darts are gonna do jack to the Leopard 2A5, especially with stock accuracy.

Are you just justifying the completely unrealistic and without any logic functioning HE with a stock tank?

I see completely upgraded T80U just driving HE around.

And btw, GJ himself once said that they don't start from the BR rating according to the stock performances, but how he behaves spadded.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a legal cheat... 500m 1000m 1500m... it does not matter, if you get hit by a 3OF26 u are dead! boom! oneshoot!

Edited by LxMxWx
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LxMxWx said:

Is a legal cheat... 500m 1000m 1500m... it does not matter, if you get hit by a 3OF26 u are dead! boom! oneshoot!

So is ULQ and yet its not going to be fixed.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, derWuestenfuchs said:

So is ULQ and yet its not going to be fixed.

if they don't fix this crap...you will see how many players leave the game.

It's not good to fight vs a legal cheat.

 

There are ammunition ceate to destroy tanks( Heat, Sabot, Staff, etc ) ... and in game the most powerful is HE?? in which universe? ahh yes,,, in Gaijin universe.

Edited by LxMxWx
  • Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so first of all i see alot of you have not tried the russian tanks against most tanks in game and do not have any experience with it nor know how to effectively use it or know how its used and 90% of you have likely never used it

 

now lets get onto how you actually kill things with it

primary things which you should be concerned about when using it is what tank you are facing the shell will most of the time either do EVERYTHING or NOTHING

 

for example against an abrams you have 3 killzones which USUALLY result in a gauranteed oneshot i say usually because some times it goes rng gang and takes several shots 

1 small square sight on the top left of the turret basically impossible to hit beyond 500-700 meters

2 machinegun you can try but GOOD LUCK

3 anywhere NOT the front or turret any hit on the turret will do nothing and any front hit will also do nothing except wound the abrams hitting the weak sides and engine deck works and will usually also result in a ohk

 

for the amx40 it lacks armor and is a oneshot most places although not all dont shoot the armored spots aim for weakspots

 

leopards any of them 

hit bottom turret or machinegun on top these result in ohk turret dosent always work as the front ammo can be empty

hit the side as it has weak side armor BEWARE OF THE TURRET do not hit it side panel is also very small so if you hit tracks behind it it wont ohk it and you will likely die

 

cr2

havent actually been able to ohk this thing except on the VERY top of the turret that being it also very hard to kill with the shell

 

in addition to this the 3of26 lacks any sort of range and very very quickly becomes total garbage to use unless you have the brain of einstein and can calculate its precise trajectory and distance to target

 

the shell while good does not always one shot kill and is not actually that effective compared to the 3bm42 for example

the 3bm42 can lolpen pretty much anything in game except from these few areas

 

2a5 turret wont get lolpenned or penned at all

cr 2 turret and ufp 

(this does not account for weakspots in said areas)

 

all in all the diffrence between the 3of26 and the 3bm42 penetration and hit area wise goes MASSIVELY in favor of the 3of26 the 3of26 is annoying as all hell sure but the 3bm42 is better and pens more 

 

the cr2 upgraded shell is better than the 3of26 the m1a1 shell is better the amx40 upgraded shell is better and the dm33 is better 

only advantage the 3of26 has over the others is that it has the ability to hit machineguns and cupolas/optics making it very good for killing things where the machinegun just sticks out or where dropping a shell on them could kill them

 

again the 3of26 takes more skill is harder to hit with requires very good aim on very specific weakspots for kills and usually is worse than most shells it will face

 

the upgraded apfsds shells are simply better

 

Edited by chrkiiler
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But yeah its only ok for Leo 2A5s deleting tanks left and right to have fun. Lets just remove the one fun thing the soviet MBTs have going for them since they are already inferior in survivability and mobility.

  • Confused 2
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LxMxWx said:

if they don't fix this crap...you will see how many players leave the game.

It's not good to fight vs a legal cheat.

 

There are ammunition ceate to destroy tanks( Heat, Sabot, Staff, etc ) ... and in game the most powerful is HE?? in which universe? ahh yes,,, in Gaijin universe.

the round is substantially worse than most top tier apfsds

every time the phrase players will leave the game has been thrown around there is usually never a drop in player numbers wt numbers have stayed consitant over the years 

 

also a high explosive fragmentation shell will most likely absolutely xxxx any modern tanks by not only damaging tracks wounding crew and destroying optics but if it hits a weakspot (like the roof) could shatter and destroy said tank)

49 minutes ago, LxMxWx said:

Is a legal cheat... 500m 1000m 1500m... it does not matter, if you get hit by a 3OF26 u are dead! boom! oneshoot!

then the 3bm42 and m829 is a legal hack or what since that thing can pen pretty much anything at most ranges and is SUPER EASY to aim

 

also no the 3of26 is not just shoot and kill try the russian tanks for once you would find out

you need to aim for weakspots as also shown in the video 

 

beyond 500meters you most likely wont kill anything

 

also its not a legal cheat stop your xxxx bias most apfsds rounds in game are easier to aim have less need to hit weakspots and usually ohk russian tanks so calm down for a sec and look at it properly before screaming LEGAL CHEAT BIAS RUSKI BIAS after being killed by the 3of26 ONCE

2 hours ago, MagicalMethod said:

470mm pen on your mango isn't enough? 

it most certainly is which is also why the mango is better than the 3of26 it can pen almost all the weakspots of enemy tanks it will face while the 3of26 needs to aim for weakspots to kill 

 

same goes for litteraly all other apfsds rounds THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE 3OF26

 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MTom said:

What's the point of having armour if a measly HE shell can pen EVERYTHING and ANYTHING in the game?

 

Russia have enough help...they have kontak5 on the T80, to 10.0 shells for 3 tanks now, the only missile AA, good helis, etc...

You gave them enough cheats to be competitive, get rid of this cheting broken thing.

its not cheats stop spouting that word it is in no way a cheat 

 

the russians arent on top right now quess who are

the germans 90% winrate with the 2a5 according to thunder skill

 

what tank is easiest to kill with the 3of26 the 2a5

clearly the russians dont know how to fight 2a5s right RIGHT

 

the 3of26 is worse than most apfsds shells as of currently as it needs to aim for weakspots compared to most shells needing to lolpen

 

also kontakt 5 is underperforming by 50%

 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chrkiiler said:

its not cheats stop spouting that word it is in no way a cheat 

 

the russians arent on top right now quess who are

the germans 90% winrate with the 2a5 according to thunder skill

 

what tank is easiest to kill with the 3of26 the 2a5

clearly the russians dont know how to fight 2a5s right RIGHT

 

the 3of26 is worse than most apfsds shells as of currently as it needs to aim for weakspots compared to most shells needing to lolpen

 

also kontakt 5 is underperforming by 50%

 

So... Have any of you looked at the video I posted up? I guess not... 

 

"also kontakt 5 is underperforming by 50%".... So is every God damn apfsds shell... Take the nerf off from apfsds shells and then you cN shove your precious kontakt 5 where ever you want because it will be useless anyway... 

 

NATO stuff is twice as broken as Russian stuff... So quit jappin... 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MagicalMethod said:

So... Have any of you looked at the video I posted up? I guess not... 

 

"also kontakt 5 is underperforming by 50%".... So is every God damn apfsds shell... Take the nerf off from apfsds shells and then you cN shove your precious kontakt 5 where ever you want because it will be useless anyway... 

 

NATO stuff is twice as broken as Russian stuff... So quit jappin... 

sure apfsds shells wont pen the T80U but heat shells can so can atgms and when it underperforms by 50% that becomes a problem

 

i did watch the video you posted and in almost every situration where the enemy was not hit in the optics while in cover or on the machinegun apfsds would have been about as usefull as the 3of26

 

so all apfsds shells are underperforming by 50% now where the xxxx are you getting that from ?

 

Nato stuff is twice as broken really

 

then i quess the russian tanks are getting 180 % winrate when the leopard 2a5 is getting 90% never thought it went above 180%

 

fact is the russians while their tanks are decent and good the 3of26 shell is not op and the russian tanks arent super overperforming

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chrkiiler said:

all apfsds shells are underperforming by 50% now where the xxxx are you getting that from ?

Take a look at any thread regarding pen values of subcaliber rounds... Not to mention it's a wide known fact that all apcr, apds and apfsds shells are underperforming incredibly... 

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MagicalMethod said:

Take a look at any thread regarding pen values of subcaliber rounds... Not to mention it's a wide known fact that all apcr, apds and apfsds shells are underperforming incredibly... 

as your latest post on fragmentation with apfsds shells said its becuase there is no armor to fragment on it goes clean through it unless its russian which has 80mm side armor plus a carousel 

 

the penetration of apfsds apds and apcr is not underperforming some apds shells yes some apcr yes but not all

 

apfsds is surprisingly performing VERY VERY accurately and have been perfected to the lanz odermatz formula (which is very accurate -2+2 % performance range) although it is known the dm33 used a too low density for the calculator 

 

postpen damage has been fixed and all are performing quite accurately now 

 

there was a time when nato apfsds shells were underperforming but thats been fixed 

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chrkiiler said:

so first of all i see alot of you have not tried the russian tanks against most tanks in game and do not have any experience with it nor know how to effectively use it or know how its used and 90% of you have likely never used it

 

now lets get onto how you actually kill things with it

primary things which you should be concerned about when using it is what tank you are facing the shell will most of the time either do EVERYTHING or NOTHING

 

for example against an abrams you have 3 killzones which USUALLY result in a gauranteed oneshot i say usually because some times it goes rng gang and takes several shots 

1 small square sight on the top left of the turret basically impossible to hit beyond 500-700 meters

2 machinegun you can try but GOOD LUCK

3 anywhere NOT the front or turret any hit on the turret will do nothing and any front hit will also do nothing except wound the abrams hitting the weak sides and engine deck works and will usually also result in a ohk

 

for the amx40 it lacks armor and is a oneshot most places although not all dont shoot the armored spots aim for weakspots

 

leopards any of them 

hit bottom turret or machinegun on top these result in ohk turret dosent always work as the front ammo can be empty

hit the side as it has weak side armor BEWARE OF THE TURRET do not hit it side panel is also very small so if you hit tracks behind it it wont ohk it and you will likely die

 

cr2

havent actually been able to ohk this thing except on the VERY top of the turret that being it also very hard to kill with the shell

 

in addition to this the 3of26 lacks any sort of range and very very quickly becomes total garbage to use unless you have the brain of einstein and can calculate its precise trajectory and distance to target

 

the shell while good does not always one shot kill and is not actually that effective compared to the 3bm42 for example

the 3bm42 can lolpen pretty much anything in game except from these few areas

 

2a5 turret wont get lolpenned or penned at all

cr 2 turret and ufp 

(this does not account for weakspots in said areas)

 

all in all the diffrence between the 3of26 and the 3bm42 penetration and hit area wise goes MASSIVELY in favor of the 3of26 the 3of26 is annoying as all hell sure but the 3bm42 is better and pens more 

 

the cr2 upgraded shell is better than the 3of26 the m1a1 shell is better the amx40 upgraded shell is better and the dm33 is better 

only advantage the 3of26 has over the others is that it has the ability to hit machineguns and cupolas/optics making it very good for killing things where the machinegun just sticks out or where dropping a shell on them could kill them

 

again the 3of26 takes more skill is harder to hit with requires very good aim on very specific weakspots for kills and usually is worse than most shells it will face

 

the upgraded apfsds shells are simply better

 

The irony of killing a challenger 2 by hitting the top of the turret is astounding. The turret roof actually consists of spaced armor, which should render the HE practically useless. Also, you are using the same argument that British players used (I myself) for HESH, yet it still got smacked into the dirt with the nerf bat. HESH was actually harder to use than the Russian HE-FS, considering its velocity is much lower and had less explosive power even before the nerf. It took a lot of skill to lob shells and hit moving targets at ranges past 1.2km. I have a nostalgia video on youtube of how HESH worked, which also shows how sometimes it doesn't.

 

 

Edited by omnipotank
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issue's of HE shrapnel possibly penetrating composite arrays are being investigated.  Other things like being hit in the roof, etc, are a different story.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.