Alexeru

[SB] Mouse Joystick automatically centers when going into Gunner-sight

So when I'm playing Sim-Battles with bombers, since today morning going into the gunner sight resets my mouse-joystick so that its centered again. Autopilot is turned off, and I can still control the plane with keybindings, but it was much more comfortable to auto-climb with one mouse joystick position and being able looking around for stuff in gunners sight. Also if I toggle the sight to bomber sight through gunner sight my plane changes how its flying which makes it more difficult to bomb reliable. Overall its just quite tilting that this problem came out of nowhere and really makes it uncomfortable and unfunny to play sim-battles with bombers. Hope there is a solution, thanks in advance! 

• Upvote 4

Its the same for Helicopters. Everytime you use your gunsight the mousejoystick automatically centers. Before the latest patch it remained in the last know position which was fine in my opinion. This new adittion prohibits helicopter pilots, using the mousejoystick, from Gunrunning whilst in their sights. This limits the freedom of movement for pilots that made helicopters fun in Sim battles. I don't know if this change was intentional or accidental but either way it would nice to see that feature reset to its original state or a switch added for pilots to chose between a centered sight and the old version.

Short example of a Helicopter getting pulled out a dive by the center "bug" :

Edited by Iwanty4o
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Problem has not been patched, I doubt Gaijin are even aware of it, last few bugs remained for months although they were patching other things around it. Hopefully next patch will have it resolved but it's unlikely knowing Gaijin lol. :)

Edited by BennyA
  • Sad 1

This is a is a serious problem for SB mode, at least to anyone that don´t have joystick or prefer to use MouseJ because of precision problems (only a few of us could buy a warthog with 20cm extension :) )...

Have some of you reported the problem in the "moderated bug" forum section?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/04/2019 at 14:03, TinyTinkerTank said:

IT'S FIXED! :good:

I got so used to it that it feels really weird without it. :lol:

Maybe it got fixed with this update: https://warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/963

Is it? For me, the problem still exists. The Mouse Joystick gets centered when I go into ATGM-Visor in a helicopter. It is very hard to use helicopter ATGMs like this especially on helicopters without SAS.

medal medal medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, Fluffi_100 said:

Is it? For me, the problem still exists. The Mouse Joystick gets centered when I go into ATGM-Visor in a helicopter. It is very hard to use helicopter ATGMs like this especially on helicopters without SAS.

All I can advise you is make a separate bug report

Edited by DestroyDaDa
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fluffi_100 said:

Yeah I just confirmed both. Planes are working fine, no centering in simulator mode. But with helicopters I also have that centering in simulator mode and that looks like a bug.

Simply tested both on the test map.

• Thanks 2
medal medal