LobsterCoat

Ju 288 Shouldn’t Have Airspawn

Ju 288 should lose its airspawn   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Ju 288 can take-off on EC runway and should lose its airspawn

2. 2. What proper BR do you think Ju 288 should be?

Yesterday I flew Ju 288 and it’s perfectly capable of taking off from standard EC runway. Why would it have an airspawn? 

In EC 4, if 3+ Ju 288 appear in our team, the ticket bleed caused by bombing exceeded the objective ticket bleed. This guarentees the victory of our team almost every match.

So I decided to go play Allies in EC4 and I immediately realised Ju 288 doesn’t belong to EC 4. Like P-51H it has incredible energy retention and effective rear firepower. And it has an airspawn, which would very likely be a bug inherited from Air RB. The runway in SB EC, however, is long enough for Ju 288 to take-off even without flaps. 

This thread would be a place for discussion in terms of Ju 288 related content. Please discuss in decent language and civilised manner. 

Thank you. 

Edited by LobsterCoat
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

it should get runway take-off and should be 6.3 - after all it's bomber (as in mouse-aimed BS gunners), with lots of cannons that can out-run Doras in level flight

What can possibly go wrong with such settup...

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 4
medal medal medal

I would suggest making a video of the Ju-288 successfully taking off at maximum weight in test Flight, simulator difficulty and then posting it as a bug report.

You might say "Why doesn't the Tech Mod do this for me?"

He would answer "Very Busy, many hands make light work"

Or you could just post here where it is almost guaranteed to not be acted on.

P.S. The Ju288 needs several bug reports from its ability to extinguish fires to its ability to perform 7.7 G aerobatics.

• Upvote 3

Surprised the 288 has not raised more of a stink, compared to Be-6

It would probably do well at 6.7.

• Like 7

I didnt even know it had an airspawn in SB. Imo no plane should have an airspawn in SB EC. If it can't take off fully loaded then take less bombs. I dont have it and haven't fought against one so can't comment about BR.

medal

5 hours ago, _Dawger_ said:

I would suggest making a video of the Ju-288 successfully taking off at maximum weight in test Flight, simulator difficulty and then posting it as a bug report.

Just did a video about 288 taking off without flaps on standard EC runway. 

Will make a bug report ASAP. 

medal medal

100% agree. I'm not sure any plane in game can't take off from an EC runway. None should have airspawn.

medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Mollotin said:

Imo no plane should have an airspawn in SB EC.

1 hour ago, dogeness said:

100% agree. I'm not sure any plane in game can't take off from an EC runway. None should have airspawn.

PBY

OS2Y

PBM

H6K

H8K

A6M2-N

Be-2

Be-6

He-51h

BV238

... there is a few more

1 hour ago, Pony51 said:

PBY

OS2Y

PBM

H6K

H8K

A6M2-N

Be-2

Be-6

He-51h

BV238

... there is a few more

They should get air spawn on map far egde and exit point in the same place in my opinion

medal medal medal

8 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

They should get air spawn on map far egde and exit point in the same place in my opinion

OK, 3500m spawn point at map edge, like the AI bombers do.

7 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

Why should they get such altitude advantage over everything else? something like 300 to 500 meters sounds more reasonable.

• Upvote 4
medal

10 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

it would also help to get exit point for them that woul allow them to "land" their deeds as most floats can't land normally (some can with some damage).

And of course this point should only be available to planes that do not have undercarriage to land and take off back normally.

Change like that wuld most likely fix Be-6 spam BTW (oh I can hear that cry already ... sweet tears of doomed zombers )

medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Pony51 said:

PBY

OS2Y

PBM

H6K

H8K

A6M2-N

Be-2

Be-6

He-51h

BV238

... there is a few more

OK obviously I meant planes that have landing gear...

medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

4 hours ago, Mollotin said:

Why should they get such altitude advantage over everything else? something like 300 to 500 meters sounds more reasonable.

59 minutes ago, dogeness said:

OK obviously I meant planes that have landing gear...

I was not being facetious, I took this as an example of any good idea needs to be thought out, otherwise a good idea is easily (ahem) shot down.

Game companies (not just GJ) absolutely hate, thus ignore, "no" posts.

If you have an desire, make sure all the details will not have issues.

As for entry hight, 500m AGL sounds good minimum.  Makes up for longer travel time going in and out.

6 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

Game companies (not just GJ) absolutely hate, thus ignore, "no" posts.

If you have an desire, make sure all the details will not have issues.

no denying there

6 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

As for entry hight, 500m AGL sounds good minimum.  Makes up for longer travel time going in and out.

personally I won't have problem with 3000-4000m on later ranks as well. Float planes and flying boats are not exactly fast and 4km is not exactly high.
I often fly toward map edge after take-off to reach 4km before I go toward enemy side so I guess it's exactly what I do.

If anything that can actually help to pull fights a little bit higher.
Of course having spawn at 300-500m is better but when you proposed 3500m it didn't strike me as immediate problem - maybe because I had Be-6 in mind and in rank IV, 3500m is not really high.

Edited by przybysz86
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

15 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

If anything that can actually help to pull fights a little bit higher.
Of course having spawn at 300-500m is better but when you proposed 3500m it didn't strike me as immediate problem - maybe because I had Be-6 in mind and in rank IV, 3500m is not really high.

Make them climb, if you start having bombers begin the match at 3500m it gives dedicated bomber hunters like heavy fighters very little time to kill them. I've just had a quick look at the datasheets for both the B-24 and the Be-6 and the Be-6 actually climbs to 10,000ft quite a bit faster. If a B24 has to climb than so should the floats. 

.....I personally would make them spawn on the runway.....

Image result for Evil gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, esapekkis said:

While the Ju288 sits on 5.3 it doesn't have any crew lock time on EC4. As far as I understand there should be a 5min timer for them? Has anyone noticed if this bug effects all 5.3 planes or just the Ju288?

If someone can get me CLOG, client replay and server replay of this behavior, I would love to issue the bug report on this one. I don't have the Ju288 so I can't replicate this.

2 hours ago, _Dawger_ said:

If someone can get me CLOG, client replay and server replay of this behavior, I would love to issue the bug report on this one. I don't have the Ju288 so I can't replicate this.

Hmmmm...while the Ju288 has been spammed by the same players endlessly even though I shot them down for the past 3 days (and one of them even said that it had no timer), today when I joined a game to get a replay it seemed like the players whose Ju288 got shot down didn't spawn into them immeadiately again. Was there a mikro patch today? I don't own the plane either, so I cannot try it out myself

medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, esapekkis said:

Hmmmm...while the Ju288 has been spammed by the same players endlessly even though I shot them down for the past 3 days (and one of them even said that it had no timer), today when I joined a game to get a replay it seemed like the players whose Ju288 got shot down didn't spawn into them immeadiately again. Was there a mikro patch today? I don't own the plane either, so I cannot try it out myself

We are on 1.87.0.75 which is a day or two old, I think. I can't test this either.

If planes like the B29, Tu-4, Tu-14 and Ju288 were to keep their airspawn, gaijin should at least make it so their airspawn speed is relative to their maximum load stall speed, and planes that choose to spawn at an airfield that provides them an airspawn should their BRs should also be artificially increased a bit if in whatever case the map they're on gives them an airspawn (speaking of which, variable length and slope runways when gaijin?). I don't think I've really ever had an issue dealing with an arado before that I've had issues with B-29s, which well, has the same BR in sim, even though the arado is much more faster - If a B-29 doesn't climb, it will practically always reach its closer destinations quicker than the arado anyway unleashing up to the game's largest payload in each run. Speaking of which, why doesn't the arado get JATO/RATO?

At the moment many Tu-4 and B-29 pilots use their stupid amount of speed to zoom climb for free ending up at 1000m or so. Tu-14s also definitely don't need an airspawn, assuming they have identicle performance to the Il-28 with exception to the il-28's RATO system, which imo it really doesn't need with EC runway lengths. Both of these planes have the approximately the same take-off distance as the currently buffed Kikka FM with its RATO system attatched so /shrug/ (the old kikka FM from a year ago had a longer take-off distance than even the F-84)

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

33 minutes ago, HOPPING_PONY said:

Be-6 is pain for sb, but it's slow.

Ju288 is lightning-fast.

Any why is Be-6 when 288 is 100x better as a bomber?  

Oh, (still) low SL cost and 0 SP cost, thats why.

Do you really find it difficult to shoot down this bomber? If the game appears normal bomber is no reason to make it unplayable. Success in battles, train in shooting

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, M_T_W said:

Do you really find it difficult to shoot down this bomber? If the game appears normal bomber is no reason to make it unplayable. Success in battles, train in shooting

Compared to most bombers, the 288 is not easy to shoot down.

It is fast so is difficult to catch.  One needs more alt and high speed to attack from best angle.

It also has excellent defense weapons, so must be fast in attack or be shot down by 288.

• Upvote 3