ThunderBird

Free repairs, bug or something new?

Hello,

Today I was playing many games with my Leopard 2A4 when I noticed that I didn't had to pay repair cost for some battles. I've got the A4 a long time and the 10 free repairs you get from the start were long gone.

I found out that if you die ingame, spawn again with a backup vehicle, and survive the game, I got free repairs. Is this something new in 1.87? Because I cant find anything about it.

Strange thing is that I dont get free repairs in all games when I died, spawned again, and survived.

Naamloos.thumb.png.41e15c207fb17f3549435

Edited by ThunderBird

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

moved > The Academy - Players helping Players > Army Academy
medal medal medal medal medal

No, this has been around for a while now. It's a great way to save costs if you're near the end of a battle, and have a lot of backup vehicles available. Choose the most expensive one to repair, spawn in, and hope not to die. You still have to pay for ammo, but that beats the extra 10-14K in silver you would be out for that tank.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Kan0nenfutter said:

I just like to add: for a premium vehicle, you get 30 free repairs, not just 10. And they are used the moment you use the vehicle, even if you don't get damaged in them. So don't spawn in the last few seconds of a battle, it's just wasting them.

they do not get used just for spawning - you do actually have to take some damage that needs repair - if you do not take damage you do not use up a free repair.

But it can be the smallest amount of damage - just a light yellow hit on a secondary weapon or an optic for example - repairing those counts as a repair - so decrements your free ones.

So for best value for free repairs bring them early and get them killed!! :)

1 hour ago, ThunderBird said:

I found out that if you die ingame, spawn again with a backup vehicle, and survive the game, I got free repairs. Is this something new in 1.87? Because I cant find anything about it.

Strange thing is that I dont get free repairs in all games when I died, spawned again, and survived.

it's not a "free repair" as such - using a backup vehicle "replaces" the original vehicle, and the game then only counts the repair status of the backup - not the original.

So intelligent use of backups can save you quite a lot of money.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal