AJAtcho

Stormer HVM Short-range air defense missile system

I appreciate the detailed information. Currently ingame, you do not center the sight on the target. You have either lead it in visually or you have to use the lock to guide it in with the target not even visible in the sight. When the target is locked, it gives you a lead indicator. You must put the crosshair on that indicator and hope that the plane makes 0 change in elevation or direction. As previously said, the target isn't even visible in the sight all the time and making adjustments without it being visible is highly ineffective. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Is anybody actually expecting this to be on par with the ADATS and Tunguska? Are you new to the British tech tree by any chance?

Stormer looks like it's going to be purely anti-Helicopter, you might be able to take down planes with a lot of practice or if they fly straight but otherwise it might be ideal to keep the Cheiftain Marksman in your lineup and spawn whichever is needed. That's if you need to spawn either at all, top tier CAS is probably going to disappear entirely next patch.

23 minutes ago, *RAazzy91 said:

top tier CAS is probably going to disappear entirely next patch.

If that happens, WT may take a beating to its playerbase which it is never going to recover from. 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, DELTACLUSTER said:

If that happens, WT may take a beating to its playerbase which it is never going to recover from. 

i bet most of the money they make last year came from the ground anyway.

xm1s alone made them more money in a few months than the rest combined in a year.

in any case the bug report is delayed so gaijin excuse will be the same "WhY dIdNt YoU pReSeNt a BuG rEpOrT In tHe DeV sErVeR"

26 minutes ago, *oppsijustkilledu said:

Dev server updated Starstreak missle now travels at 1400m/s and Thales radar has been added so I assume that's the IR dome on the to

Yes but will it actually work

i honestly think that the starstreak is much slower in the 2nd dev as opposed to the first dev server they fixed the no ir dome and the sights but the ir dome looks like its going nuts and the radar screen is going so fast its bugging out the vehicle also seems so much slower in terms of responsiveness and the seperation stages of the missile are much slower aswell

Edited by ScottishFalcon
medal medal

29 minutes ago, ScottishFalcon said:

i honestly think that the starstreak is much slower in the 2nd dev as opposed to the first dev server they fixed the no ir dome and the sights but the ir dome looks like its going nuts and the radar screen is going so fast its bugging out the vehicle also seems so much slower in terms of responsiveness and the seperation stages of the missile are much slower aswell

It's actually faster now than in first dev. 1400m/s instead of 1250m/s

medal medal medal medal

it may be faster now but when firing it it seems so slow now though it looked so much faster in the 1st dev server for this

medal medal

12 minutes ago, ScottishFalcon said:

it may be faster now but when firing it it seems so slow now though it looked so much faster in the 1st dev server for this

Probably because for some reason it's not separating as early as before. Could you post some clips of it?

medal medal medal medal

i would but im heading off massive headache at the moment plus its bugging out for the pictures on steam in otherwords i cant press f12 for pictures

medal medal

7 minutes ago, ScottishFalcon said:

i would but im heading off massive headache at the moment plus its bugging out for the pictures on steam in otherwords i cant press f12 for pictures

Just seen a clip on reddit. The guy said it doesn't separate now until the missle is very close to the aircraft.

medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, *oppsijustkilledu said:

So I compared two videos of current dev and last weeks dev. Despite the stat card saying its 1400m/s its definately slower than it was on the first dev at 1250m/s

With the huge efforts, I've managed to prove it to CBR, my thread was firstly closed then reopened after intense arguing

https://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/266497-zur-starstreak-upala-skorost-poleta-neobyasnimyi-skhod-s-traeketorii/

medal medal medal medal medal

awesome hopefully it gets fixed before it gets braught to live 

medal medal

5 minutes ago, erilon03 said:

Starstreak missile at close distances act like a weak HE round. Nonsense.

There should be kinetic punch too

Actualy pre missile sep it probably would behave like that

7 minutes ago, TerikG2014 said:

Actualy pre missile sep it probably would behave like that

Unlikely. It should have both kinetic and HE effect at close ranges, because warhead travels with rocket engine

_Catweazle_63
_Catweazle_63 gave zuadao a warning for this post
Reason: Rule Breaking Warning · Points: 1 ·
1 hour ago, IStrykerI said:

Someone else should make a bug report. Mine has been sitting for a week with no action...

i allready did. as soon as the second dev came out.

prints also taken and i advise you to do the same

@Smin1080p

deleting my posts wont shut me up. you ppl need to take care of this or release an official statement saying war thunder no longer follows historical accuracy.

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

You might want to comply with the forum rules to avoid having posts hidden. Your rule violating post was hidden rather then been awarded with a warning! If you got issues with moderation then send a PM to the Forum Moderation Staff as per forum rules. Commenting on having posts hidden is not the topic here.
Do not:
1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.
1.1.5. Deliberately challenge moderation or administration, if you have issues or concerns with any actions taken please send a Private Message to Moderators, Senior Moderators or Community Managers/Administrators.
  • Upvote 1