Sign in to follow this  
ABH1AW

Range finder, and several other things

Ok, where does one find the "Range Finding button" on the key board? When looking through the optics of your gun, what does the numbers mean both horizontal, and vertical? I read that some players "drop off" what does that mean? Also, is there a sort of firing at moving targets tutorial in the game, just asking. Anyways thanx for the info....I'm getting there, slowly...lol

Rangefinder key has to be assigned IIRC. I don't think it's mapped to a key by default.  It gives an estimated range and has a margin of error. The higher your gunner range finding skill is the further out you can range accurately until you hit 1200m. After that you you just get >1200m reported. Higher BR tanks can have a modification for a range finder that will allow accurate rangefinding up to 1900m.

The cross hair markings on the vertical line are range lines in 200m increments. To hit a target at 1000m you have to change the aimpoint to the 5th tick mark down. This raises the barrel so the shot will fire up and arc down to the target to compensate for gravity.

The tick marks on the horizontal line are mils and they can be used for guessing range based on the size of the target in your sight picture.

Dropping down might refer to the sight distance adjustment you can make so that the horizontal line moves down to match the range you're shooting at. In the example above at 1000m you move the line down to the 1000m line and you line up the cross hair as normal. It works for some people.  I haven't gotten around to using it.

medal medal

I dont really remember but my sixth sense tell me that default rangefinder button was "G" 

(I might be terribly wrong though)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

awww yea right sorry about it

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

thank you a for the info. ok whats a IIRC

Sign in to follow this