Praevasc

Are mission awards and streaks useless at higher BR?

As I started playing tanks above BR 3.0 I realized that the silver I get per mission award or streaks doesn't scale for the rank or BR.

Will this mean that I can make less and less silver at even higher BR?

The silver I get for kills scales for the BR of the target, but so do the ammo and repair costs as I get to higher BR (and I already know that at BR 6.0-7.0 or higher it's difficult to break even)

But now, often the mission awards and streaks make up a huge proportion of my silver income, I wonder how this will be at higher BR. Will mission awards and streaks become largely irrelevant regarding silver income?

Edited by Praevasc

On 09/03/2019 at 09:45, Praevasc said:

Will this mean that I can make less and less silver at even higher BR?

Effectively.

In regards to GF, the economy is broken at this time. Higher levels do not reward the player for their progress in the tech tree and the rewards do not scale properly. On top of that, the repair price of the vast majority of top-level vehicles is so high (current levels 5 and 6) that it is not possible to win SL even when the performance on the battlefield is medium to good. To give an example of one of the cheapest vehicles (in repair costs):

-T-72A (stock). BR 9.3.
Repair price (stock): 3030 SL (AB)
Reward for 1 kill: 1001 SL (AB)

That means that, in case of losing my vehicle on the battlefield, I should kill at least 3 opponents just to compensate the repair costs of a stock vehicle. I do not add here the possibility of using "premium" ammunition in the future (3BM12) with a cost of 620 SL / shot.

If you add to this that you train an expert level crew in the T-72A (to give an example), it costs 1,000,000 SL, that the tanks in this level cost another 1,000,000 SL + repairs + ammunition + modules .. It's crazy.

I speak as a freemium player. It is possible that with a premium account the situation is different.

However, 1.87 is still to come that promises to solve these issues and improve the overall economy of the game. I have hope.

Edited by DarkHearth
medal medal

1 hour ago, DarkHearth said:

-T-72A (stock). BR 9.3.
Repair price (stock): 3030 SL (AB)
Reward for 1 kill: 1001 SL (AB)

That means that, in case of losing my vehicle on the battlefield, I should kill at least 3 opponents just to compensate the repair costs of a stock vehicle.

This ignores the fact that income comes also from activity, time and winning. You can break even without 3 kills.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

This ignores the fact that income comes also from activity, time and winning. You can break even without 3 kills.

I know Dodo_Dud. What I want to suggest is that the sum of all the factors that contribute SL can be insufficient when 2 circumstances occur:

1. When you must repair the vehicle.
2. When killings in combat do not compensate for the cost of repair.

In this example, assuming I kill 3 enemy tanks and only lose my T-72A, the three deaths would only serve me to pay the repair costs and the benefit of SL would be based on the factors you mention.

However, what would happen if I lose 2 of my vehicles in the battle? If I lose 3? If those vehicles are not stock, but full? How many enemy units would I have to kill, how much would my activity in the battle have to be, how many critical impacts would I have to do, how many caps would I have to capture, just to compensate for the repair costs? And that, assuming it's a victory game.

I know that is not the subject of this post, but the insane repair costs encourage the early defection of players during the game; simply, it is more profitable not to appear with a new vehicle, even when there is the possibility of carrying out some killings with it.

Edition: this valuation is only valid for a freemium account. I repeat that a premium account can get a very different experience.

Edited by DarkHearth
medal medal

All this I knew or at least suspected, and all these are discussed in a wide variety of other threads.

What this thread is about, is the mission awards and streaks. Do they become insignificant at high tiers? What does most of the income consist of in an average mid-tier and high-tier game? Because in a low-tier game, it's mission awards and streaks. There are some which give you 500 or even 1000 silver. Significant at BR 1.0-3.0 as far as I've seen. Probably worthless at the highest BR, simply because they don't scale with the BR, while everything (or almost everything??) else does.

Edited by Praevasc

At high tier, there are some that will give you 20.000 SL (non-premium).

Are they significant? Depends if you choose to go for them. But if you do, they can be rather significant.

Edited by Dodo_Dud

12 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

At high tier, there are some that will give you 20.000 SL (non-premium).

I don't understand... are there mission awards which are only available to high tier? Or do they really start to scale above some rank? As far as I've seen, an Avenger, or First Strike, or Heavy Metal Fury, etc. give the same amount of silver at BR 1.0 and 4.7

8 hours ago, Praevasc said:

are there mission awards which are only available to high tier?

Yes. Mission has to contain 3.3 or 6.3 vehicles in order for them to become an option.