*MiniDz

[fwd 27.03.2019] camera view shaking

Hello i would like to report this bug

I recently bought an official brand new PS4 controller ( Dualshock V2 ) and i noticed that the camera will shake when turning it in another angle, I use the default controls for this : Down button maintained + the right thumbstick to look around. At first i returned the controller and received another one from my video game store as i though that the first controller was misfunctioning but it turned that it was not, apparently this issue affects other peoples as showed in this thread 

In this thread the solution of using mouse aim control ( a different one than Down + right stick by default ) is given saying it stops the shaking, but it doesnt add up well with my control set up that i learnt to play with since years now, but it could easily be fixed by making the Down + Right stick smoother 

My control set up ( sorry my game is in french but you can recognize i think " Vue en combat : Bouton Bas + Stick Droit : Gauche - droite " is View in flight : Down button + Right stick : Left Right, and so on for the other Y axis  )

Spoiler

38242962_WarThunder_20190303030509.thumb

here are the screenshot of X and Y stick axis of this control

1894882188_WarThunder_20190303030519.thu

295477295_WarThunder_20190303030553.thum

Video describing the issue

Bug happening on version 1.85.0.151 of the game

PS4 firmware : 6.20

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

A few of us are already discussing this with the developers. Hang on to this report for a bit.

What are your control settings? I recommend adjusting/increasing the deadzone for the view axes. The PS4 controller is "noisy" by nature, that's why a small dead zone is always needed.

Also, the PS4 thumbsticks are really designed for incremental input (e.g. turn left/right/up/down) and due to the limited resolution of the potentiometers, absolute positioning with the controls (e.g. mapping a position directly to the position of the stick, like a position based throttle or camera positioning) is challenging.

On 18/03/2019 at 16:44, *Shibiwan said:

What are your control settings? I recommend adjusting/increasing the deadzone for the view axes. The PS4 controller is "noisy" by nature, that's why a small dead zone is always needed.

Also, the PS4 thumbsticks are really designed for incremental input (e.g. turn left/right/up/down) and due to the limited resolution of the potentiometers, absolute positioning with the controls (e.g. mapping a position directly to the position of the stick, like a position based throttle or camera positioning) is challenging.

My controller setting are in my first post, in the spoiler in case you missed it. I already tried to set some dead zone and also during literally hours trying to make the camera movement more smooth using the other bars Correction, multiplier ... But no it doesn't fix it. Something has to be made for this particular camera axis when using down button + right stick.

For you not to miss it again here are my controls from my first post 

On 03/03/2019 at 03:28, *MiniDz said:

Hide contents

38242962_WarThunder_20190303030509.thumb

here are the screenshot of X and Y stick axis of this control

1894882188_WarThunder_20190303030519.thu

295477295_WarThunder_20190303030553.thum

War thunder is the ONLY game where i have this issue of shaking camera 

it has to be fixed.

By the way it is still happening on version 1.87.0.67

As long as the sticks are not centered, the deadzone settings no longer apply.  Was this a problem in earlier versions of the game?

Well yes of course it always happened, I reported it only when i saw that other peoples were affected by this.

On 21/03/2019 at 16:20, *Shibiwan said:

As long as the sticks are not centered, the deadzone settings no longer apply.  

Obviously yes :dntknw: ? 

On 22/03/2019 at 08:40, *MiniDz said:

Well yes of course it always happened, I reported it only when i saw that other peoples were affected by this.

Obviously yes :dntknw: ? 

Because it's not in the deadzone, your thumbs are positioning the sticks against the return spring pressure.... and unless you can hold it absolutely still, it will shake somewhat. Other games also exhibit this issue (e.g. vehicle freeview in Battlefield 1 or V). This is a limitation of hardware (and human input). 

11 minutes ago, *Shibiwan said:

Because it's not in the deadzone, your thumbs are positioning the sticks against the return spring pressure.... and unless you can hold it absolutely still, it will shake somewhat. Other games also exhibit this issue (e.g. vehicle freeview in Battlefield 1 or V). This is a limitation of hardware (and human input). 

I did not play Battlefield 1 and 5 but i played the 3 and 4 quite a lot on ps3 and ps4 and i never noticed this. Also i understand that the joystick is too accurate or sensitive which is what is creating the issue what i don't understand is how it would be too complicated to do something about this. Anyway this was reported on my side it's now up to you guys to decide if this deserve a fix or any rework at all 

Thank you for the report. We have reviewed this with the developers and passed it along to them to see if it is fixable.

• Thanks 2