I have been suffering day and night to get IS-7 just to have strong tank for 8.0 Squadron arcade events and now there is no point in using it on sqb because it is 8.3 and is going to face 9.0 tanks that will negate his armor why can't it stay where it was with lower pen and lower BR I would rather have 265mm of pen and stay on 8.0

R.I.P my little war machine I will never forget

I am sorry for any mistakes I have made english is not my native language.

Edited by lolowaty1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, lolowaty1 said:

I have been suffering day and night to get IS-7 just to have strong tank for 8.0 Squadron arcade events and now there is no point in using it on sqb because it is 8.3 and is going to face 9.0 tanks that will negate his armor why can't it stay where it was with lower pen and lower BR I would rather have 265mm of pen and stay on 8.0

R.I.P my little war machine I will never forget

I am sorry for any mistakes I have made english is not my native language.

I've never played it at 8.0 I always paired it with my T62 at 8.3 and never thought it was a weak vehicle there, it will do just fine at 8.3.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

27 minutes ago, Byebye360 said:

I've never played it at 8.0 I always paired it with my T62 at 8.3 and never thought it was a weak vehicle there, it will do just fine at 8.3.

Yeah but it is not about playing 8.0 in random games it is about squadron events where max BR is set by gaijin and one of them is 8.0 IS-7 was perfect now you have to play 9.0 if you want to use IS-7 on sqb because of it being at 8.3

medal medal

1 hour ago, lolowaty1 said:

Yeah but it is not about playing 8.0 in random games it is about squadron events where max BR is set by gaijin and one of them is 8.0 IS-7 was perfect now you have to play 9.0 if you want to use IS-7 on sqb because of it being at 8.3

They should always care more about the balance in random battles than events.

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Byebye360 said:

They should always care more about the balance in random battles than events.

They could nerf IS-7 to the last state and squadron events is pretty much e-sport and new formula of penetration is bs

medal medal

What's the point of spending huge amount of your time for SUMMER event or any event and then your tank will be put on higher BR than it was in first place?

Same thing. What's the point of buying premium USA tanks which will be obsolete later because of raising their BR?

Sorry to say but this is like pissing paying customer eye and I don't like it a bit.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, takkuta said:

What's the point of spending huge amount of your time for SUMMER event or any event and then your tank will be put on higher BR than it was in first place?

Same thing. What's the point of buying premium USA tanks which will be obsolete later because of raising their BR?

Sorry to say but this is like pissing paying customer eye and I don't like it a bit.

That is what I mean I have spent lots of time on operation SUMMER just to get good tank at 8.0 for sqb right now this tank is useless at least for me because it cant play 8.0 and I dont feel like playing this tank on random games because it usualy will get 9.3/9.0

medal medal

3 hours ago, lolowaty1 said:

That is what I mean I have spent lots of time on operation SUMMER just to get good tank at 8.0 for sqb right now this tank is useless at least for me because it cant play 8.0 and I dont feel like playing this tank on random games because it usualy will get 9.3/9.0

Gross exaggeration, it'll handle itself fine at 8.3. 300mm+ penetration of OPHE is more than enough to handle literally any tank within that BR range

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well i don't have the is-7, but i cannot belive that the community has sucha  xxxx problem with it being in 8.0

I mean really?!

Do we REALLY compare the is-7 to the t10m close relative?!

T10m

-Stabilizer

-400mm pen heat-fs

-ufp armour that bounces almost every 105mm apds in the game

-turret armour that is on par with is-7 turret, or even better (due to much smaller size)

-best apds in the game around its br for long range engagements, on par with that of the conqueror apds.

-Buffed APHE that has 294mm pen....17mm less than is-7

-Mobility thats better than that of the is-7 (not by much but still better) 

And is still not very good in current meta because its much slower than its counterparts in about every aspect in same br or higher.

On top of that, the is-7 costs A F****ing SH***T ton of cash, and it took A F****ing SH***T ton of time to grind.

If i owned the is-7 and gaijin did this, i would flip the table and commit a lawsuit for altering the product after purchase or demand a compensation. (But gaijin would just laugh at me)

I would NOT be happy with that change.

Edited by Turra
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

17 minutes ago, lVrizl said:

Gross exaggeration, it'll handle itself fine at 8.3. 300mm+ penetration of OPHE is more than enough to handle literally any tank within that BR range

Just a little whine to go with all that cheese! I read the OP.., what about all the other tanks in the game?? And all the thoughts of other players over the years? IS7 will do just fine at 8.3

Hey bud play the Lorraine 40t at 7.0 with its increased repair bill. Let me know how you feel than,  Because that's what I'm going threw right now. 10k to die with no armour...All it's got is speed and pretty good gun penn, but most of the time you use up all your rounds in the auto loader just to kill two tanks. Than you sit for 5 minutes trying to load it back up.  

Edited by *Roger13R
medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, lVrizl said:

today I played 9 games with IS-7 all of them were either 9.3 or 9.0

• Confused 1
medal medal

4 minutes ago, lVrizl said:

I'll just leave this here

I'm not defending that damage.

But have you heard about confirmation bias?

Or have you ever heard of the term "gaijined"?

you can't just upload one video from that ONE time that it happened to you, and expect people to be like "UGH YEAH THATS TOTALY LEGIT"

if you upload a compilation of like 20 of those from your own games, then yeah. a tiny bit more believable

Edited by Turra
medal

4 hours ago, lVrizl said:

I'll just leave this here

Yes, please lower IS-7 back to 8.0 ))))) literally can't compete

Lots of shots like that happen not only with IS-7

Edit:That was literally the worst spot you could hit a bit lower and IS would be dead and apparently that guy had maxed out crew vitality

Edited by lolowaty1
  • Haha 1
medal medal

9 hours ago, Turra said:

Well i don't have the is-7, but i cannot belive that the community has sucha  xxxx problem with it being in 8.0

I mean really?!

Do we REALLY compare the is-7 to the t10m close relative?!

T10m

-Stabilizer

-400mm pen heat-fs

-ufp armour that bounces almost every 105mm apds in the game

-turret armour that is on par with is-7 turret, or even better (due to much smaller size)

-best apds in the game around its br for long range engagements, on par with that of the conqueror apds.

-Buffed APHE that has 294mm pen....17mm less than is-7

-Mobility thats better than that of the is-7 (not by much but still better) 

And is still not very good in current meta because its much slower than its counterparts in about every aspect in same br or higher.

On top of that, the is-7 costs A F****ing SH***T ton of cash, and it took A F****ing SH***T ton of time to grind.

If i owned the is-7 and gaijin did this, i would flip the table and commit a lawsuit for altering the product after purchase or demand a compensation. (But gaijin would just laugh at me)

I would NOT be happy with that change.

Dude.

image.thumb.png.e5beef01edc5e7b8253d4a39

image.thumb.png.1005e3fd42386ab713b3a0b3

The stats don't lie, the IS-7 is EXCESSIVELY better than the T-10m by a LONG shot. It needed to be uptiered regardless of how any players felt. This is the exact same argument players had when the KV-220 got upped in BR from 5.3 to 5.7 regardless if they grinded or payed their way to it.

9 hours ago, lolowaty1 said:

Lots of shots like that happen not only with IS-7

Edit:That was literally the worst spot you could hit a bit lower and IS would be dead and apparently that guy had maxed out crew vitality

That's not the worst spot whatsoever, had the DM23 not been nerfed to have a longrod modifier that reduces damage in spalling and the amount of spall, that IS-7 would've been dead in the first place due to crew knockout. Even if the player had maxed vitality, that only exemplifies the issue of how little damage longrod APFSDS is doing.

Seriously, the IS-7 is overperforming at 8.0. Sorry the overpowered toy is no longer at a BR where it can club with impunity. Now it actually has to try to get kills and survive like literally 99% of the other vehicles in the game instead of facerolling across the keyboard and get kills left and right

Edited by lVrizl
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, lVrizl said:

Dude.

image.thumb.png.e5beef01edc5e7b8253d4a39

image.thumb.png.1005e3fd42386ab713b3a0b3

The stats don't lie, the IS-7 is EXCESSIVELY better than the T-10m by a LONG shot. It needed to be uptiered regardless of how any players felt. This is the exact same argument players had when the KV-220 got upped in BR from 5.3 to 5.7 regardless if they grinded or payed their way to it.

That's not the worst spot whatsoever, had the DM23 not been nerfed to have a longrod modifier that reduces damage in spalling and the amount of spall, that IS-7 would've been dead in the first place due to crew knockout. Even if the player had maxed vitality, that only exemplifies the issue of how little damage longrod APFSDS is doing.

Seriously, the IS-7 is overperforming at 8.0. Sorry the overpowered toy is no longer at a BR where it can club with impunity. Now it actually has to try to get kills and survive like literally 99% of the other vehicles in the game instead of facerolling across the keyboard and get kills left and right

Do you even understand that the ONLY players that has the is-7 is those who either bought it for that insane price or actuarly grinded that tank in the event?

AND WHICH PLAYERS BUY A TANK FOR THAT PRICE?! yeah, those who are REALLY into the game.

AND WHICH PLAYERS WERE ABLE TO GRIND THAT TANK?! yeah those who are REALLY into the game.

Its quite common sense that the is-7 is a tank that is drived by high level high skilled players and not so much by newbs or unskilled players.

Its obviusly a winrate that is affected of the high skill of the small population that has the tank.

Stats can tell you a half truth... in the very much perfect example we can see the effect of a good tank being used by high skill players in a isolated small population.

Edited by Turra
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
medal

I agree with all your points. IS-7 is now ruined and it pisses me off since i grinded like hell to get it. I would rather have gaijin nerf its acceleration (which was always very high) than raise its BR. However there is a bigger problem concerning ALL top HEAVY tanks which is that they are really good at the top of Rank 5 but when they get matched to Rank VI the get irremediably destroyed, at 8.3 that is the case for IS-7 much more than T-10M (which at least has the ammo and the mechanics to somehow keep up at Rank 6). Actually the jump in medium/MBT capabilities from Rank V to Rank VI is much bigger than the jump from, lets say, Rank IV to Rank V. In the end, we get a heavy tank with which we are sistematically uptiered so much that we can´t use it anymore. If we are talking on why IS-7 was doing so well in statistics, its not from the tanks own capabilities but actually because of a populational aspect: nowadays the great majority of Rank V players are new ones making their war to Rank VI, meanwhile the IS-7 players are mostly the ones who got it from grinding meaning that, at the very least, we have MUCH more experience than the majority of Rank V players who on the other hand don´t know how to deal with IS-7 because they don´t get as much practice against it as with against the other top heavy tanks. ALL the vehicles at 7.7 are technically capable of dealing with with IS-7 from ANY angle.
So its actually a bigger problem of the top Rank V balance actually that should be sorted out so that the top heavy tanks can actually play like heavy tanks.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

yeah, sorry, but i cant feel sorry for the IS-7 being moved to 8.3 at all. (especially as the chieftain mk.3 sits there - arguably a worse tank than it, especially META wise)

it has a gun perfectly fit for 8.3, its armour still matters even in full uptiers, it has russian heavy-tank mobility (better than lots of medium tanks - for some reason) and doesnt fight stronk russkie tenks

there is nothing wrong with it at 8.3 at all.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

49 minutes ago, Happalula said:

yeah, sorry, but i cant feel sorry for the IS-7 being moved to 8.3 at all. (especially as the chieftain mk.3 sits there - arguably a worse tank than it, especially META wise)

it has a gun perfectly fit for 8.3, its armour still matters even in full uptiers, it has russian heavy-tank mobility (better than lots of medium tanks - for some reason) and doesnt fight stronk russkie tenks

there is nothing wrong with it at 8.3 at all.

A gun fit to 8.3? you mean it has HEAT, APDS or is stabilized and can deal with composite armor?
Armor that can withstand HEAT, APDS or APFSDS?

Don´t you see your bias dude?

• Upvote 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

there is a bigger problem concerning ALL top HEAVY tanks

This is a very prevelent problem.

And it could be applied to some heavy TDs too, like the obj268 and jagtiger.

Is-4m, m103, maus, is-3, Conqueror are all high tier heavytanks that are stuck in their respective BR's because they would stomp the living crap out of everything if lowered and they they are stomped like hell by slightest uptier.

They are slow, slow reloading, slow turret traverse and gunhandling, slow shells and has armour that does not work agsinst heat-fs (which is the most popular shell in these BR's and high pen apds/early apdsfs)

It can be very hard to balance these tanks without a BR decompression.

If the BR's were decompressed, these tanks could be effective, but not stomp and not be stomped too hard.

One way to balance them is to give them a better mm when they are in a lineup in the same BR as they are.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal

1 hour ago, Turra said:

This is a very prevelent problem.

And it could be applied to some heavy TDs too, like the obj268 and jagtiger.

Is-4m, m103, maus, is-3, Conqueror are all high tier heavytanks that are stuck in their respective BR's because they would stomp the living crap out of everything if lowered and they they are stomped like hell by slightest uptier.

They are slow, slow reloading, slow turret traverse and gunhandling, slow shells and has armour that does not work agsinst heat-fs (which is the most popular shell in these BR's and high pen apds/early apdsfs)

It can be very hard to balance these tanks without a BR decompression.

If the BR's were decompressed, these tanks could be effective, but not stomp and not be stomped too hard.

One way to balance them is to give them a better mm when they are in a lineup in the same BR as they are.

Thats my point exactly, and it happens to the Conqueror, the M103, even the Maus too. Perhaps BR decomresion might help, but still any of those tanks facing 8.0-8.3 mediums is gonna get wasted. On the other hand, those same heavies balance VERY well to mediums at same BR and are just OP at mediums which have slightly lower BR. Im thinking on other possible solutions, perhaps the matchmaking calculation should work different for heavies...i dont know, ill write a suggestion once im done with some exams

medal medal

2 hours ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

A gun fit to 8.3? you mean it has HEAT, APDS or is stabilized and can deal with composite armor?
Armor that can withstand HEAT, APDS or APFSDS?

Don´t you see your bias dude?

do you not oneshot any chieftain, xyz-70, m60a1 and whatnot with ease with the APHE shell?

the problem with such heavies like maus or is7 is that they were prototypes! they never saw any combat or IRL situations.

yes, there is data on these vehicles to know "what they would have performed like" - but what about the other side? the is3 was seen at the victory parade after WW2 ended, and the UK immediately began developing the Conqueror as a "late" counter (is3 was already finished and entering service) in case another war broke out.

the is7 never got past the prototype stage, so what would its counterpart be? m60a1? chieftain?

the problem simply is: such prototype vehicles are difficult to balance, cause they enter the ideal situation: no existing counterparts, and anything that could counter it suddenly appears op

its a fact that it clubbed hard at 8.0 and now we will see how it fares at 8.3. yes, thats HEATFS-land, partially even APFSDS (but remember that the russians have APFSDS at 7.7 already and again at 8.3), and the is7 by itself still is a monster to meet.

people cant just hop into the hangar and look at its armour and see where to shoot or where weakspots are. that is another issue of the tank: how does  a random player learn how to fight the is7? either trial and error or hours of youtube-binge to see its internal layout and learn about its weakspots.

in addition to that, only the "self proclaimed" elite have the vehicle and dont think about those who dont have the tank for a single moment when saying "just learn to play herpderp"

there are serveral factors why its a problematic vehicle, so yeah, it has to have some drawbacks as well. and if a higher BR is the solution (letting it fight stronger enemies - those that can deal with it), then thats the way to go.

medal medal medal medal