Stona

Server update 25.02.2019

ammunition_types_0c5031b4f4e4c0d8ec7ec14

• Ground vehicles:
    • Т-72А - guidance speed values have been corrected. Horizontal - from 24 to 20 degrees per second, vertical - from 4.5 to 3.5. Source: Танк Т-72А. Техническое описание и инструкция по эксплуатации, книга первая. (T-72A. Technical Description and operational manual, book 1).

• Naval battles:
    • Conditions of the detonation of the magazines and own torpedoes have been changed:
      • General survivability and resistance of the ammo racks against kinetic damage, shard damage and explosion has been increased.
      • Magazine detonation chance after a round explodes near it has been reduced.
      • Effect of the bombs on the magazines has been changed - bombs up to 250 kg should penetrate a deck (or a side) and explode in close vicinity, after that damage type and power is calculated and ammo fire or detonation is possible.
      • Parameters of the own torpedoes detonation have been fixed - chance of explosion after being hit by shards or kinetic damage has been significantly lowered. A torpedo can detonate because of fire or bomb explosion in close vicinity, but the chance is small.
  • For German 20mm HE and AP belts for autocannons the tracer round is now installed in every 4th instead of all in a row.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

Please leave BR and Economy feedback in thread linked in changelog. Thanks!

• Confused 4
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 2

Is it possible to have some BR changes added within the next few days/hours? There is a lot of feedback with good arguments in the discussion thread!

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Is it possible to have some BR changes added within the next few days/hours? There is a lot of feedback with good arguments in the discussion thread!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Stona said:

Parameters of the own torpedoes detonation have been fixed - chance of explosion after being hit by shards or kinetic damage has been significantly lowered.

Yey, time to get something out of those 3 destroyers I bought months ago :D

R3 T20 going up BR (could still go up to 4.0-4.3 and do just fine -  but we will take what we can get) AND Jpz4-5 finally down to 6.7... 

Good news  - Praise the snail!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

The M4A3E2 is useless at 5.0 its gun can't pen anything. You really should have just left it where it was. Seriously what was the reasoning behind moving it up to a BR where it can't pen anything?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal

It is possible now!!!

37 minutes ago, iDontGivaShip said:

After update there is 1.7 BR spread in RB games. Some error in code i guess.

In log - T-34-85 killed Jgpz 4-5. WTF?

shot 2019.02.25 21.30.33.jpg

shot 2019.02.25 21.44.47.jpg

It is possible now!!! The Jpz 4-5 is now 6.7! Look at the German tree

medal medal medal

The LCS(L)(3) is now at the same BR as Clemson Destroyers (3.7) yet costs over 10x as much to repair.

This whole ridiculous situation is unnecessary and offensive.  Repair and purchase costs should be a direct uniform multiplier of BR ratings (or at least close to it) and any necessary balancing should be done via BR changes, not heavy-handed economy punishment.

• Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, Stona said:

Ground vehicles:

• Т-72А - guidance speed values have been corrected. Horizontal - from 24 to 20 degrees per second, vertical - from 4.5 to 3.5. Source: Танк Т-72А. Техническое описание и инструкция по эксплуатации, книга первая. (T-72A. Technical Description and operational manual, book 1).

What? it was 17° horizontal e 2.8º vertical even before this "changelog", something is wrong here. Wheres the 20º and 3.5º???

20190226035630_1.jpg

Edited by _Cobras_
Could A mod delete this, I figured that I dont have the parts yet...
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

These changes for Naval have vastly increased the time-to-kill for all larger ships and has made the combat much more of a slug-fest... and this is excellent. Thank you for making this change - I am now inclined to actually play the destroyers and cruisers that I have unlocked because I won't get randomly torpedo-racked from a stray HE shell at the outset of the match, and sniping ammo racks is much less effective.

Again, I really like these changes that have been made and I think this will greatly increase the appeal of Naval mode for most people.

The grind for Rank II boats needs to be lessened to be like the German tree was when the OBT started so that people who want to play Destoyers and larger classes can make that jump more easily, and thus help them to keep their interest in the mode.

I am now really enjoying all the facets of Naval forces now!

medal medal

Please leave BR and Economy feedback in thread linked in changelog. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1