FearlessFreddy

Defender of the Fatherland Lagg-3-34

In my War Thunder digest email the Defender of the Fatherland event it showed the Lagg-3-34 on sale for 700 Golden eagles but I am unable to locate it in the Russian tech tree, any ideas?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, VoidGamer said:

Just noticed that too.
I guess that for whatever reason the Lagg-3-34 was removed from the list. :/

None of the event ads have it in the list any more.
https://warthunder.com/en/news/6048-event-defender-of-the-fatherland-en

The reason is that the same Lagg is on the market with a much higher price. So it was very unfair with all of those people.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Spoiler

Okay, I see it the event page no longer lists it for sale but it was listed and sold earlier  at 700 golden eagles as part of the event as some of acquaintances purchased it today. That makes me bummed out I was not able to purchase it before being removed.

2 minutes ago, ThaisS said:

The reason is that the same Lagg is on the market with a much higher price. So it was very unfair with all of those people.

So it is fair that some were able to act fast and purchase before me?

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, FearlessFreddy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, it is not. The best solution would be probably to refunding to everyone the golden eagles and put on sale the other Lagg-3.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, FearlessFreddy said:

7 hours ago, ThaisS said:

No, it is not. The best solution would be probably to refunding to everyone the golden eagles and put on sale the other Lagg-3.

Errors are not fair. So what can you do? Minimize the damage.

Right decision: Stop the sale.

Refund everyone? Well, some people will have bought GE to get this plane. Giving them the GE back isn't going to cancel their transaction.

It is one of those deplorable Gaijin goofs that happen too frequently. I give them credit for having the guts to end the sale for the item. They could have sat this out.

image.png

thats the reason but i call that BS. They Lost some money from the market fee thats why they removed it.

medal medal

5 hours ago, Sir_Flexo said:

They Lost some money from the market fee thats why they removed it.

No, that is not correct. If you do the math and invest some thinking, you'll see yourself.

The price was at 17 GJN. They get ~2.55 GJN commission. The number of transactions is low.

700 GE is worth a little more than 2.55 GJN.

But sales would be way higher at 700 GE than at 17 GJN. And way more people are eligible to buy the plane (consoles). They would earn more now if they put it on sale.

Imho, they took it out, as to not alienate their loyal players, who did just completed grinding that thing two days ago and are now selling it on the market. They (did) would also offend all those people who have recently bought it on the market. And they would sacrifice any trust in rare collectible vehicles, if the sell them for 700GE. Image they put the IS-7 up for sale for 4000 GE as a replacement.

So they didn't do it because 'they lost some money market fee', but they would lose a lot of money from future market fees, as people would lose trust.

Edited by Dodo_Dud
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

No, that is not correct. If you do the math and invest some thinking, you'll see yourself.

The price was at 17 GJN. They get ~2.55 GJN commission. The number of transactions is low.

700 GE is worth a little more than 2.55 GJN.

But sales would be way higher at 700 GE than at 17 GJN. And way more people are eligible to buy the plane (consoles). They would earn more now if they put it on sale.

Imho, they took it out, as to not alienate their loyal players, who did just completed grinding that thing two days ago and are now selling it on the market. They (did) would also offend all those people who have recently bought it on the market. And they would sacrifice any trust in rare collectible vehicles, if the sell them for 700GE. Image they put the IS-7 up for sale for 4000 GE as a replacement.

So they didn't do it because 'they lost some money market fee', but they would lose a lot of money from future market fees, as people would lose trust.

Well put and I understand, still bummed out about it though. I am sure I will get another chance to collect it. Thanks for the replies o7 and answering my question.