Ouiche

Planned economy changes - 25.02.2019 - updated

Best answer

We updated the tables + added tabs with awards multipliers and purchase costs.

cover_facebook_answers_developers_07a5fc

Planned Economy Changes - February 2019

To open the list in a new tab, click here!

As you can see, list is not long, but be aware it's also not final. We are waiting for your suggestions!

If you think we should make some additional changes or do not agree with listed changes, please support your suggestions with arguments!

We read all your feedback, so it can take some time to approve your post. 

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 12

This isn't direct feedback on the changes, I haven't finished reading through them yet, but the "Rewards multipliers changes" table seems to be missing the "Difference" column. At the moment it seems only the "Old" and "new" numbers are included, and all shifted to the left due to the missing "difference" values.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

First of all, no the list is not long at all!

So much ok for me, except that once again the same mistake will be raised in the BR and at the same time the repair costs will be increased by a partly 50% (e.g. Jumbo, or previously at Ferdinand)-sorry that does not fit together! 

• Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why crank up the G.56 repair cost even more than it already is? My SL bank is already taking a shellacking from attempting to play it. 25k SL for repairs is a punishment for playing it. The same can be said for the Tu-4 and the B-29, why even fly them out when you're just going to get blasted out of the air halfway to your target and have to dish out 30k or almost 45k for repairs?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 22
medal medal medal medal medal

Maus is obsolete in the SB against T-54s, T-44/100, IS-4 etc. So correct way is to lower the repair cost from 20 000cr to apr. 8 000, not to increase it.

You increased the Leo 2A4 cost to 11 000 in the SB, but better T-80 is still at 6 000. Correct cost shall be also 11 000.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal

So not only AMX 30 Lorraine 40t and AMX 50 are getting their BR bumped but they will now all cost 20k or more to repair once spaded ?

Its pure insanity. If anything theur repair cost shoulb ne drastically lowered not uped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 51
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The A6M5 otsu currently has a repair bill of almost 20k stock, not that this isn't already too much, you are even increasing it to 27k! I don't think anyone will play it with that repair cost, that is just too much for a plane, and I mean ANY plane.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 24
medal medal medal

I dont own the E-100 but it still makes me wonder what makes it such high repair cost?

It doesnt even fit the meta anymore, slow and not that well armored.

Should be the same repair cost as the normal Maus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Leopard 2A4: Increasing SL cost from 5950 SL -> 8900 SL equals +50% repair cost increase

Type 90: From 6140 SL -> 9200 SL equals +36% increase

Ho-Ri Production: From 9810 SL -> 14000 SL equals +42% increase

AMX-40: Fom 6500 SL -> 8400 SL equals +30% increase

A6M5 otsu:From 19800 SL -> 27000 SL equals +36% increase

Gaijin, with this amount of repair cost increase and the already insane SL cost for one shot of APFSDS for high tier tanks, you're driving more and more people away from playing high tier. This seriously needs to be reconsidered and shell costs need to be lowered immensely.

My proposition would be to let the algorithm do the maths first, but everything that'll gets increased over 1500SL needs to be looked at by humans. Increasing prices too much will drive players away, collecting dust in the hangar. Result would be that Gaijin doesn't collect data because of the high repair cost.

Edited by sirmortimer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 61
medal medal

Could I ask why you keep increasing repair costs of the most popular vehicles? This isn't good, in any way...balance by economy is a good way to stab in the back loyal players and not to balance the game...if a vehicle is powerful balance it in another way, and if you rise a BR (like with the Lorraine) why on earth also increase the repair cost?? I mean, if you want to make vehicles economically difficult to play, stop developing this game because the direction it is going isn't fun in any way....and also increasing the repair of bad vehicles is highly vodka-induced...no good at all...I don't want to be rude/start flame war but I don't like the repair mechanic and it's coming to a level where I can't even enjoy a tank/plane because have to think about my economy and not about the gameplay... :dntknw:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 37
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Now there's literally no reason why should someone play 2A4 in RB and Sim, because it's gonna be more expensive to play than Abrams haha. Also the fact that 2A4 has to unlock and pay 410 SL per shot for first APFSDS to stay somewhat competitive. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 15
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why are you massively increasing the T32e1s repair cost as well as putting it up in BR?! That makes no sense, surely if it’s going up in BR it would keep its current repair cost or even be a bit cheaper, but now you’re making it more expensive to repair than an Abrams and every other heavy tank around the 7.3 br, that’s just silly. The tank itself is nothing special, the gun is rather mediocre and so is its mobility, I see nothing to justify making a tank that is worse in more ways than it is better to an IS-3 and making it WAY more expensive.

• Upvote 11
medal

1 minute ago, Merlin1809 said:

Why are there 2 times the "Fw 190 A-5"? Why are some german boats and helis in russian language?

We are aware of some issues with the documents, it's going to get fixed as soon as possible. Sorry!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

These are not the changes the community has been pleading for for a long time, they are the exact opposite.

I'm struggling to make enough SL to buy the vehicles I'm unlocking and I haven't even made it close to top tier yet.

For example the Jagdtiger was already in a bad place before the ammo patch and now you increase the repair cost with 310 SL ok that is not much but considering the position of this tank it makes no sense at all.

I know you probably use some algorithm to come up with these numbers but these results definitely need a human touch.

Honestly overall if you overlook some of the vehicles that will become ludicrously expensive to repair which we all know is just crazy and undeserving, a couple of hundred SL up or down isn't going to make a difference, people are struggling with the economy today and they will struggle more after this economy change.

I think ammo costs need to be reduced drastically or removed entirely, some tanks you can't even use without the good ammo and if you do use the good ammo you are still bleeding a lot of SL.

Also I think SL reward modifier for tanks need to be moved from a max of 150% to a max of 200%.

Maybe there could be a system where instead of crazy repair costs for certain really good vehicles you could have some mechanic that limits how many vehicles can be spawned in a single game so you don't end up with a team full of Ferdinands for example but you also don't STOP anyone from playing the Ferdinand from fear of going broke.

There has to be a better way of balancing that doesn't involve repair costs or ammo costs.

I would like to play french tanks but I literally can't, my account will go bankrupt immediately.

If these changes go through I'm gonna go bankrupt anyway and when I no longer have any SL on my account I will take a break, I don't play War Thunder so it can be a second job for me, I play it for fun and the game can be fun and if people have fun they will WANT to put money in your pockets but the game needs a lot of love now more than ever.

Edited by nbrod3n
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 19
medal

I don't think the A6M5 Otsu should get an 7000SL increase to 27k repair cost at stock.

As currently of 1.85, my spaded Otsu is 25k. Assuming that it's the same 6k jump from stock to spaded on the Otsu, I would estimate the new repair cost for the spaded Otsu would be around 33k.

Which is stretching you thin considering when the A7M2 is better in every way and is still cheaper spaded.

I would actually suggest removing 5k-7k SL instead since the only difference it has over the A6M5 at 4.3 is one 13.2mm and is slower. Or swapping the A6M5 Otsu for A6M5 Hei instead to justify the high repair cost.

A Stock A6M5 Otsu cost almost double the amount of a 6.0 stock US Bomber and is kinda out match in speed and armament of an American fighter aircraft of the same BR.

Edited by FantasyPantsu
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 14
medal medal medal medal medal

I had to quadruple check. Just incase I had lost all my marbles and decended into insanity. But it seems the CHALLENGER is more expensive to repair than the Abrams, Leopards, Type 90, AMX 40, T-64B, T-80B and all other top end tanks. 

Because the Challenger is sweeping the battlefield as everyone plays it due to it being so OP... oh wait they don't. 

Seriously Gaijin...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 32
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The Challenger 1's repair cost absolutely needs to be lowered, not increased to the point that it's by far the most expensive tank at top tier. Yes the Challenger's win rate is incredible, but that's purely because it's matched with the US teams who carry it to victory. The Challenger is 100% the worst top tier vehicle at the moment, it has the worst of the 120mm+ guns, outside of the turret front it has absolutely no armour and it's mobility is non-existent when compared to other vehicles at the tier. There is absolutely no reason to increase the already insane repair cost of this tank. 

• Upvote 26
medal medal medal

gaijin, please stop "soft"balancing tanks over repair costs increases over 5000 SL's, that totally defeats the purpose of the BR system you use.

a stock ferdinan costing 17 000 SL at 6.3 makes no sense, same goes for a 15 000 SL repair cost for the lorraine 40t as examples.

same for the Jumbo's, which also get their BR increased and their repair costs increased on top of this.

this is especially the case if you increase the BR's of the vehicles while, at the same time, increasing their repair costs as well before these BR changes you proposed are even implemented.

appart from this, why are you increasing the repair costs for a lot of the french tanks so drastically?

its not like the french tree has a lot of vehicles to choose from so people are forced to play these vehicles.

balance them with BR(BR decompression seems even more important now then ever) not with their repair costs.

that is true for all vehicles though.

EDIT:
no aced tanks repair costs should be over 9 000/10 000 SL in my opinion, every tank that has such a high repair costs is certainly a sign that the BR system is i dire need of DECOMPRESSION!

Edited by Apfelsator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 31
medal medal