Stona

Planned Battle Rating changes - February 2019 - planes

Best answer

Hi!

We're going to move forward with the BR modifications and add them to the live server, but we'll keep gathering your feedback for the next few days and apply modifications where necessary. There are a few area that may require more tweaking (i'm thinking of planes), we'll address that in another patch during the week if required.

• Few more aircraft added to the table.
  • Fixed mistake with Do.17Z-7 and La-7B-20

cover_facebook_answers_developers_07a5fc

Planned Battle Rating changes - February 2019

As you can see, list is not long, but be aware it's also not final. We are waiting for your suggestions!

If you think we should make some additional changes on other machines, or do not agree with listed changes, please support your suggestions with arguments!

We read all your feedback, so it can take some time to approve your post. 

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 16

Jumbo 76 BR increase? I don't think it is justified and needed. The 76mm did not gain that huge of a buff and it will literally doom this tank's current status. 

Note: 7.0 is an existing BR thanks to the mass usage of T-44-100 and Tiger 105(Downtiered now). Unlike 6.0 which not so many players play, except Panther G/F enthusiasts. 

76mm won't make a big difference in 5.7. You can merely pen a unangled Tiger at range. More important is that it will be worthless in any uptier due to massed Tiger II spam and Panthers. 

Get over it German players, I know you like your Tiger but your other vehicles can meme through the Jumbo just fine. It is BR 5.7 already. Not to mention your sometimes-Russian allies are going to use APHEBC to meme through every last one of them. In 6.0 you get to see Japanese and Italian help which just helps you through it.

If anything you should be yelling for Tiger downtier instead lol.

Edited by kololz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 14
  • Upvote 49
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

what about the t-64a. Why didn't you drop it to 9.0

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

If you think we should make some additional changes on other machines, or do not agree with listed changes, please support your suggestions with arguments!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

The jumbo is fine were it is if you up tier it to 5.0 it's armor becomes useless. 4.7 is the perfect place for it and for the 76mm jumbo 5.0 would be the best place for it. And also am not seeing the black prince on this list it really needs to go down to at least 5.7 possible 5.3. and m60a1 rise needs to go to 8.7 and same for chieftain mk10.

Edited by duckmartin
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 22
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 36

Just Wondering If The T-29, T-30 & T-34 Will Be Adjusted?

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

If you think we should make some additional changes on other machines, or do not agree with listed changes, please support your suggestions with arguments!
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 23

I agree with most the changes in this topic , due to the mbt70 going to 9.0 the M60 RISE needs to be lowered to 8.7 in RB as it does not have near the mobility nor ammunition anywhere close to the mbt70 . Also the RISE does not have the armor to defeat or defend against the ammo that is used at that BR presently and does not have the mobility to escape danger or advance to a hull down position . m60 AOS needs apfsds or be lowered to 8.0 in RB as well for the same reasons as the RISE suggestion . Object 120 should be bumped up in be to 8.0 due to it's gun and crazy good mobility . T55 am premium should go back to 9.0 as it's nearly invincible in a down tier .  Xm1 9.3 is warranted 

Edited by Bad_MoFo

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 20
medal medal

BR changes are ok by themself, but raising the Centauro will uptier the useless Leopard 1 even more. As well as a KPZ 70 at 9.0 creates more compression. Overall o.k. but won't make much of a difference if we don't see a decompression patch soon. New Tier 7 vehicles have to be at least 12.3 imo to take a bit of pressure from the lower BRs and see which vehicles can really perform at what BRs. The Leopard 1 Winrate should probably indicate how balanced 7.7 is all around for Germany.

• Confused 5
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal

please support your suggestions with arguments!

Arguments! We need em'. :p:

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Overall I would say these are good changes.

Italian SPG's moving down makes sense, they are not as effective as other similar BR vehicles (see StuG). French autoloaders moving up given the new pen values was to be exptected, same for the IS7 as well.  AMX 30 back to the same BR as the Leo 1, they are similar playstyles and comparable.

Jumbo's moving up both 75 and 76mm versions, not sure what has changed for these as both struggle when uptiered as it stands. These are hard to balance tbh.

T32E1 is more or less the same as the T32 just slightly different armor, not sure it warrants the increase for this.

R3 T20 FA-HS warrants an increase for sure, 50mm+ of pen for something this mobile at 3.3.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 15

May I suggest that the R3 T20 FA-HS be moved up from 3.3 to at least 4.0?  Currently, this vehicle has incredible mobility, great survivability due to weak armor, and an insane weapon system for its BR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Upvote 34
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, kololz said:

Jumbo 76 BR increase? I don't think it is justified and needed. The 76mm did not gain that huge of a buff and it will literally doom this tank's current status.

Hmm I don't know. Regular Jumbo won't make a if 5.0 or 4.7 (almost no 5.0 in game). 76mm Jumbo should also be not too bad as it won't make a too big change of your uptier/downtier capabilitys

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

I feel like the 76 Sherman is good where it is currently. No need to increase nor lower the BR. It's a slower, worse off Panther. A lower BR and it clubs. A higher BR and it gets clubbed.

Edit: 76 Jumbo* Sherman

Edited by Dms110
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 30
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Please don't bother asking why we didn't or did change a particular vehicle; the answer is universally simple; it appeared to be the right choice depending on the data; if you have a suggestion to make an additional change or leave out an intended one, feel free to voice it, supported by arguments, but stop asking why are things the way they are, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Why M60A1 RISE is out of list? It's not competitive against any other 9.0 at all.

MBT-70 coming down to 9.0, better armor, better mobility, better firepower, laser rangefinder and automatic loader.

Chief Mk. 10, better firepower, better turret armor, LRF.

etc...

M60A1 RISE need BR change now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 24
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

KV-1B should definitely get a BR increase to 4.3 in RB, now that it has 84mm of penetration

It was overpowered even with 77mm, and now it's even better.

With the exception of IS-1, there's not a single vehicle it'll have trouble with at 4.3, and with Jumbo being uptiered to 5.0, you'll be in no less danger than now.

OF-40 is pretty much a slightly better protected, but slightly less mobile Leopard I

Please consider lowering it to 7.7, as it's inferior to Centauro now, and will be after the changes.

Tiger II (105 cm) does not deserve a BR of 7.0

With T29 recieving a massive buff, they ought to have the same BR, and while I would personally prefer both of them to be 6.7, there's also a notion of T29 being uptiered to 7.0

M4A4 (SA50) currently has 200mm+ of penetration at BR 4.7

This is extremely powerful even compared to some 6.3 tanks, like T-44.

I don't think it should be raised, however it should lose PCOT-51P.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 34

Please Gaijin, review the French AMX-50 Surbaisse, It have less armor and penetration compared to M103 but its 8.0, its almost useless when facing 9.0 enemy, i would sugest to move it to 7.7 just like M103 / Maus / Conqueror.

• Confused 7
  • Upvote 21
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The chieftain mk.10 at 9.0 is a welcome sight, however, i must also add that the T-64A should be moved back down to 9.0 aswell.
I believe though the chieftain mk.3/5 should be at 8.0 as lack alot of what makes an 8.0 tank. Comparing to vehicles such as the IS-7, T95E1. T-62.
the early chieftains lack heavy armor of the IS-7, the engine power of similar vehicles, the secondary weapons of sufficient caliber and APFS-DS rounds.
And on top of that, the APDS round is lowered by around 45 MM, wich is now sub-par the darts fired by T95E1 and T-62, and does not contain any HE filler as does the rounds for the IS-7.

As such, these vehicles, even the Mk.5 with the extra horsepower. is close, but not an equal to it's closest BR relatives below itself.
Adding the L-23 round to the Mk.5 may allow it remain at 8.7, yet as 8.3 vehicles such as the STB, Leopard A1A1, Shot'Kal, T-62 & T95E1 all rounds capable of penetrating 350+, with either HEAT-FS or APFS-DS.
with near equal reload times or faster, thus dwarfing the firepower of the chieftain tanks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 12
medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Bad_MoFo said:

M60 RISE needs to be lowered to 8.7 in RB , m60 AOS needs apfsds or be lowered to 8.0 in RB . 

lmao 1000SL for Heat. Well the AOS has a stabilizer, not too bad at 8.3 but looking at Sho't Kal Dalet vs M60 Ariete I think you see what tank has the advantage. Free APDSFS while the M60 has to pay 1000SL for the same HEAT. Imo Sho't Kal Dalet to 8.7 so it won't get that much downtiers. And it doesn't matter anyways you'd face the same enemys the Leopard A1A1 has to with the same rounds. While the Leopard has the same ammo, it can still defeat anything it faces

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Disappointed with the lack of changes to BRs of aircraft. Is it because this update is meant purely for ground vehicles or because all planes seemed to be fine according to your data?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 12
medal

2 minutes ago, duckmartin said:

The jumbo is fine were it is if you up tier it to 5.0 it's armor becomes useless. 4.7 is the perfect place for it and for the 76mm jumbo 5.0 would be the best place for it. And also am not seeing the black prince on this list it really needs to go down to at least 5.7 possible 5.3. and m60a1 rise needs to go to 8.7 and same for chieftain mk10.

75mm Jumbo has a harsh status of stomping 3.7s when downtiered. I think the BR 5.0 is quite justified if you ask me, since at 5.0 it does not see any real threats either, but has a plus of not stomping 3.7 opponents.

76mm should be 5.3 or at least it really shouldn't go 6.0 because at that tier, 76mm is not a big difference.

For more I think BR decompression is more important than anything else. Hope 11.0 will be a new theme soon... hope

• Like 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 16

Chieftain Mk.5 needs to be the same BR as the Mk.3 (8.3)

These vehicles are functionally identical with the Mk.5 offering no significant improvement over the Mk.3

Many other vehicles in-game share battle ratings with the same differences (slightly improved engine), or substantial upgrades over each-other. Examples of this include the King Tiger (H) and the Sla, the T-54s, the Panthers.

Chieftain Mk.10 could easily be put at 8.7 and be balanced as that BR is already inhabited by far superior vehicles, e.g. Leo 1A1A1 (and the L/44), T-55AM-1, Type 74. All of these vehicles are able to negate the advantages of the Mk.10 (good turret armour), with superior ammunition and mobility, making the Mk.10 an easy target.

Edit:

Alternatively, you could give the Mk.10 L23A1 (either being the only round or replacing L23 as upgraded with L23 stock) and keep it at 9.0/9.3. The Mk.10 entered service AFTER CR1 Mk.2 in 1986, with L23A1 entering service on CR1 Mk.1 in 1983.

Edited by Shrike142
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 21
medal medal medal

The Jumbo’s changes are completely unnecessary. Common combatants should only have trouble with this tank if they refuse to flank, learn weakspots, or work together. Rather than being another tank for them to point and click at, it required some thought to fight. German tank destroyers should have no trouble at all frontally penetrating the Jumbo. Most of the 4.7 Russian lineup should have very little trouble frontally penetating the Jumbo because of Russian normalization, and especially with the new ballistic changes. The new BR change introduces it to a lot of new threats that render its armor useless, while its own peashooter gun cannot do much back. This BR change is totally unwarranted.

EDIT: I will provide proof via armor analysis when I have access to my desktop.

Edited by ColdFrontier
Will later be adding proof to aid my claims.
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 21
medal medal medal

Why does T-64A not have it's BR reviewed after it constantly faces 10.0 tanks? T-64A is basically useless in 10.0 battles as this tank is too easy to one shot against much more advanced APFSDS shells from 9.7-10.0 vehicles and even 9.0 vehicles can easily kill it which is why I drive the T-72A more than T-64A but still the 9.0-9.3 area need better matchmaking like it was in the 8.3 area.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2
medal