Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, 

since it no longer remains a quesion of "could" it is time to finally open the bag for this monstrosity. Let's see how many pages this thread is going to achieve, shall we?

ERZ1PPX.jpg

Let the official discussion begin. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So will gaijin shows us the documents showing us challenger 2 protection levels and layout?!?! What about numbers for the L26 and L27. Oh wait they can't because they are still highly classified. I bet the tank gets given L23A1 stock when it never fired L23A1. That round was out of service by the time CR2 entered service. I also bet the Chobam block sideskirts get modelled as ERA when they inevitably get added down the line.

Edited by *oppsijustkilledu
  • Upvote 14
medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, *oppsijustkilledu said:

So will gaijin shows us the documents showing us challenger 2 protection levels and layout?!?! What about numbers for the L26 and L27. Oh wait they can't because they are still highly classified. I bet the tank gets given L23A1 stock when it never fired L23A1. That round was out of service by the time CR2 entered service. I also bet the Chobam block sideskirts get modelled as ERA when they inevitably get added down the line.

even if its been modeled correctly... it wont stop tank apfsds... maybe autocannon fire and RPG's.... but thats it

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, HammyTheHamster1 said:

At least we might finally get a tank with the (approximately) correct ammunition and armour performance of a Challenger 1.

*laughs in L23 being better than L23A1 rn*

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

even if its been modeled correctly... it wont stop tank apfsds... maybe autocannon fire and RPG's.... but thats it

Even if we put this aside... there's already a few things which come off as wrong and that includes the visual model. 

1 minute ago, dotEXCEL said:

*laughs in L23 being better than L23A1 rn*

*Sacrifices more tea to the gaijin way* 

Edited by DELTACLUSTER

1 minute ago, DELTACLUSTER said:

Even if we put this aside... there's already a few things which come off as wrong and that includes the visual model. 

gimme a list

1 minute ago, DELTACLUSTER said:

*Sacrifices more tea to the gaijin way* 

;)

The top speed already seems to fall a bit short, should be 59kph rather than 56kph from what I've read.

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, ARedneckSquirel said:

This is literally the last thing I wanted in this game. There's no way they have proper info on it, it's still in service for christ's sake. 

I have to admit I feel 100% the same way, I dont see how its going to be useful given the fact the UK currently has limited capability at tier VI as it is in terms of variable gameplay/capabilities outside of "i am now a glorified pillbox", tier VII is going to make the UK even worse. I would have liked a scout tank line, warrior varients and the swingfire missile being given a better AP value over this myself but its what we got I guess. I understand the addition of tier VII vehicles for other nations because they get major technological leaps in either armour and/or firepower and something "new", but the UK gets a thicc-er turret lol.

While its nice to get new things, currently I dont see that many people using the challenger 2 in the game outside of 1 off games and being dedicated hardcore fans of the vehicle itself, I will be waiting in my warrior I guess to see how it goes lol.

well, its all over i guess, the people active on the Challenger 1 thread even with all their effort  haven't fixed it yet and Gaijin is introducting another broken tank to fix its a coincidence they show  it the same day of the creation of the challenger 1 thread? i don't think that so 

Edited by Dipul_3
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dipul_3 said:

well, its all over i guess, the people active on the Challenger 1 thread even with all their effort  haven't fixed it yet and Gaijin is introducting another broken tank to fix its a coincidence they show  it the same day of the creation of the challenger 1 thread? i don't think that so 

That's funny tbh, they're basically saying hey you've been screwed for a year, get ready for round 2

• Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm scared.

I mean, I'm gonna grind the sod out when I'm back on my computer, but I really think they shouldn't do this. It looks lovely, yes, but my sanity only lasted so long with the beauty of British tanks. It might as well be a scifi tank, I feel. At least give us optimistic estimations for its stats, please.

Though, it did say something about being able to fire "Newer and better sub caliber rounds." Here's hoping we have something substantial.

I think it would've been better if they said they were introducing the CVRT family. Something we sorely need.

medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Mistress_Elena said:

Though, it did say something about being able to fire "Newer and better sub caliber rounds." Here's hoping we have something substantial.

People have been saying for a while that L26 would be more or less equivalent to JM/DM33 so presumably this is what they mean. Would be a welcome change and potentially make a competitive top tier vehicle - assuming of course that it isn't just the start of a whole new layer of power creep with CR2 ending up as far behind the new top tier as CR1 is now...

Of course CR1s did field L26 so could have just given it to the Mk. 3 rather than open this kettle of fish.

medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, HammyTheHamster1 said:

People have been saying for a while that L26 would be more or less equivalent to JM/DM33 so presumably this is what they mean. Would be a welcome change and potentially make a competitive top tier vehicle - assuming of course that it isn't just the start of a whole new layer of power creep with CR2 ending up as far behind the new top tier as CR1 is now...

Of course CR1s did field L26 so could have just given it to the Mk. 3 rather than open this kettle of fish.

I agree with you but you have to know that L27 and L 28 was applied with Challenger 2 which Gaijin won't give you . 

Edited by Louise_So_schoen
medal medal

3 minutes ago, Louise_So_schoen said:

How much do you guys expect Gaijin to do ? They will not have anything fixed because you know their attitude . Let's just enjoy the game , shall we ? If British things are s-h-i+t we have other choices for example Leo T80  M1 and so on . 

in my personal case i hate the Leos they are not bad designs but i don't like them the T80? meh the same thing with the abrams the only option i have is pray for gaijin to get the Challenger 2 with correct values on the first try but that's unlikely

Edited by Dipul_3

1 minute ago, Dipul_3 said:

in my personal case i hate the Leos they are not bad designs but i don't like them the T80? meh the same thing with the abrams the only option i have is pray for gaijin to get the Challenger 2 with correct values on the first try but that's unlikely

Well we all agree that they are unlikely to get a correct Challenger both 1 and 2 .

• Upvote 3
medal medal

Can any of you understand Gaijin's behavior ? They make a balance through adding new things while it will finally be another problem .

1 minute ago, NoblemanDK said:

Wtf is the difference from the challenger 2 already ingame and this "new"
Old vinegar on new bottles = Revolutionary new wine

Indeed ! 

What's the difference between tanks of WW II with a STAB and modern tanks in WT ?!?!?! Actually no .

medal medal

I like having another tank trophy in my garage, but I really think fixing the current challenger should have been the main focus. I both love and hate that they are adding this.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal