Stubmw

After 7 years and 26K battles took out the trash

That is WOT. Can already say the graphics are way better here. Going to start grinding the German line, yea I know probably a mistake. lol  Any good videos on how crew experience, tank/plane research, grinds work here? Just starting to settle in here have like 5 battles, please don't seal club me. lol 

Thanks!!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Was going to say... WT has been public for only 6 :lol2: That being said, there are some people here who have played WT longer! 

Welcome to the forums, I would recommend you check The Academy section for tips and tricks, and don't hesitate to create a thread if you need specific help!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Welcome!

I would certainly check out the various YouTube video's out there, and don't be afraid to ask questions in the sub forums for the tank - or plane, let's not forget those - that you might have questions on. 

My personal take on Crew Skills is always go for leadership, reload, and targeting as the first three (others will have their own opinions I am sure), but don't ignore the others, they all add up.  Parts/FPE is the go to first picks, past that either look towards mobility or firepower depending on your style.

I would recommend balancing your grind between all the tree's:  it will give you a good look at what you are dealing with target wise once you have been that target yourself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Stubmw said:

That is WOT. Can already say the graphics are way better here. Going to start grinding the German line, yea I know probably a mistake. lol  Any good videos on how crew experience, tank/plane research, grinds work here? Just starting to settle in here have like 5 battles, please don't seal club me. lol 

Germans are good - not always the best at T1, but the early P-4's are beasts at their BR (that big 75mm APHE round packs a wallop!), and after that they are competitive or better for a long time.

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As in real History, early Germans are really good, until Russians and Americans become top of the food chain. French, Italians and Japanese also have some sweet spots, but not as dominating.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Welcome, my first advice for you, be patient... you need to learn how to play WT even with years of experience playing WOT, this game is totally different. At least you will be familiar with some weak-spots but make sure to check in game using the Protection Analysis because most of the time weak-spots like commanders hatch will not deal a big damage to your target.

Good luck and have fun ! 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, TheElite96 said:

Was going to say... WT has been public for only 6 :lol2: That being said, there are some people here who have played WT longer! 

little more than 6 years -6 years 5 months a  29 days gone ;) 

but welcome here Stubmw :) 

TheElite96 (Posted )

an old-er guard ;)
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, Stubmw said:

Just starting to settle in here have like 5 battles, please don't seal club me. lol

Please realize, at the moment, you are playing a "huge tutorial" called the newbie zone. Mainly bots and a few beginners.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

My advice:

Watch some entertaining WT vids by Bohica / Bo Time Gaming on YouTube, especially ground combat ones - they're fun to watch and you learn where and how to hit a tank to disable or destroy it - I learned how to make KV-1s run for their lives this way ^_^

Besides that - Warthunder is a made to be a long-term game if you want to reach all the stuff. Take your breaks, don't powergrind and especially: Balance your low-tier and higher-tier playtime - lower ranks are still fun later on with experience and you still get something from it :)

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Personally I'd suggest that you play all nations to get a general feel for the game's variety. 

This may slow down your grinding but it will help in the long run.

I play every nation because each nation has a tank and a plane I'm confident using (E.G. T28, XF5F / 234/4, 190 C / T54, Be-6 / I.D.4 , Mrtlt.4)

and I suggest you do the same until tier 3 and then maybe you should instead focus on your favourite nation...

medal medal medal medal medal

I played 4 years Wot, had around 3000 WN8 and left because bad mapdesign...more and more tube-maps with shortrangefights for people which didnt understand how sightsystem works.

Now i played 5 years WT and managed also to be an outstanding player (at least thunderskill says ;-). But there is 1 big Problem...WT turns slowly also all maps to the xxxx WoT designs.

And beside this both games try to get our money with OP  premium vehicles and new hightier vehicles with bloody grinds.

These things are killing the game slowly but sure. At least my motivation is ad a really bad state.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Welcome!

German tanks and Russian tanks will be fun.

Fighters such as Spitfires, Bf 109, Fw 190, La, MiG, P-51 you might also enjoy.

Return to WOT . RNG same as there. Gold ammo ..soon . Heavy grind confirmed. 

magazine2 (Posted )

Do not:
1.1.7. Encourage other users to stop playing the game, or encourage users to avoid purchasing any content from the store, in order to prove a point.
Friendly warning. Have a nice day.
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here! As mentioned a few times, I also recommend playing ALL nations. It has many benefits. I would also agree that it takes patience, rushing to get higher tiered vehicles just simply does not bode well for your overall account health. I would also recommend researching ALL modifications "spading", for your vehicles as you go. Many are quite a bit better once fully modified AND since you mentioned crew skills. Spading your vehicles as you go will get those crew skills up faster, and believe me . .  hurrying to get that new, shinier tank or plane and then having to use it with a lame-O crew will make you sad. And remember also, advise can be like a rainbow or an outhouse . . .  sometimes it's pretty cool, sometimes it's like a splinter in your rear end . . and even tho you might be a "tanker", try the other modes too . . .  you will need plane skills even in ground forces battles eventually, plus it is a nice break from the tank grind  . . .  have fun and I hope your stay here is long and pleasant . . . .
:good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Buckle up, once you're out of "training" and away from the bots, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Don't ever expect a 50% win rate unless you're in a squad or playing a Soviet lineup.

• Upvote 1