Sign in to follow this  
*Sainko

Too many one-sided games recently

I seem to have stumbled into a raft of very one-sided games recently. Games that are effectively over very quickly.

Which is dull, whichever side I'm on as I get little chance to really learn what I'm doing. And I want to have a stab.

I started burning time looking at the rank of each player in my games and frequently there's been a massive imbalance in rank. In one Red's total was a full 150% better than Blue and the game sucked, accordingly.

So my question is, does matchmaking try to balance rank as well as BR?

magazine2 (Posted )

Hi!
Moved to Army Academy
medal

If by "rank" you mean the player's level, then no the matchmaking does not take that into account. If you would like to know more about how the matchmaking works you could always visit the wiki page to learn more about it.

Edited by computergeek21
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yes, Level. Sorry. An indicator of likely skill, though, and something I assumed was in the mix (thanks for the link).

I just had another whitewash game and the Levels were closer but there were six of us flapping around on our PlayStations to the one on the opposing side. Again, something I would have thought they could attempt to even out without slowing matchmaking too much.

Whatever. Plough on, I guess.

medal

I have noticed this as well.  I'm chalking it up to the new penetration calculations (the scapegoat of the hour :)) but it may be the usual run of bad matches.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Not sure if you changed anything...i find playing RB makes games considerably more one-sided...

In AB i haven't noticed it...

10 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

Not sure if you changed anything...i find playing RB makes games considerably more one-sided...

In AB i haven't noticed it...

Oh yeah it's there, lop sided roll stomps happen more often than not, you know it's going to be a goat circus when the other sides hunting your spawn within 3 minutes of the game starting.  

8 hours ago, SpankdaMonkey said:

Oh yeah it's there, lop sided roll stomps happen more often than not, you know it's going to be a goat circus when the other sides hunting your spawn within 3 minutes of the game starting.  

Yes it happens to me also...just not "more often than not"...in AB games are often in doubt...and it is frequent to win or lose with tanks still fighting for caps...

Sometimes one side is routed and fight ends around spawn...but much less than RB

I think a major factor is that each major BR have a meta that some tanks are filling in, in some maps those tanks are amplified.

And some techtrees has tanks that fill that meta, if these techtrees that all have that BR meta fill in in a map where those tanks are amplified, it will be a rofl stomp.

Not even to mention that the mm system seem to have NO player level balance what so ever.

medal

1 hour ago, Turra said:

I think a major factor is that each major BR have a meta that some tanks are filling in, in some maps those tanks are amplified.

And some techtrees has tanks that fill that meta, if these techtrees that all have that BR meta fill in in a map where those tanks are amplified, it will be a rofl stomp.

Not even to mention that the mm system seem to have NO player level balance what so ever.

Also think RB amplifies the difference between good and bad players...on AB 3 newbies can kill an ace...in RB not so much...

if game puts all (or most) aces on same team, it is decided from start ...

Guess RB is more realistic in this...so would need some SKILL matchmaking or filtering...

• Upvote 1

I have stopped caring, i occasionnaly look at the statistics after a battle. I've seen quite a few where the top 2 players in the other team both had almost more games then the rest of both teams put together. Lately i also see quite a few players with very few battles but very high win/loss ratio's. I dont know anymore, these are either old very experienced players on new accounts, account spaders for selling the account later highgly talented new players. Though yhey not uncommonly have names like: klsahdfklj, says enough i think or that thing that shall not be mentioned because it is impossible,

Focus on your position in the team and forget about win/loss ratio because unless you start playing in squad battles you will never get better then 50-50 in arcade, impossible with the randomness of the teams and the constant uptiering. 633 games 311-322 loss/win 48.5% but i am getting better/lucky slowly since i more often then not start to end in the top 5 on my team gone up from 43% to 52% atm  and slowly climbing.

BR 4.7 and BR 9+ are the two most balanced where you get the, at least in my case and experience, the best results and battles. BR 4.7 because it has the most players so uptiering is less frequent. BR 9+ because you are not getting uptiered and skill makes the difference since all tanks are mostly equals. There are some issues with top tier to but overall it's the best to play despite the issues imho.

medal

Noticing this in Realistic battle too for BR 1 to 1.3.  The one sided slaughter, I mean. :)

Frequently, I hit so many times, at close range (or when people ram up against me - a silly ahistoric tactic that does not damage them or me, but it's a game)  with no discernible effect other than "hit", I wonder if my player has been handicapped for some reason (like whining and whinging and cryaing and complaining type of thing!  LOL).

Though i stopped caring, it's getting more and more frustrating. And the more arcade games i play the more a pattern emerges,

-there are no close call fights to the very end. It's stomp or be stomped no middle ground. Battles that last long and are tense are very rare to none existent.

-If you are being stomped no matter what you do, your shots just dont do ****, even point blank they bounce or take nothing out not even a track or knock a crewmember out. I cannot think other then that the game sees you are loosing, or decided at the start you are on the loosing team, so makes it easy for the other side.

-If you are on the stomping team no matter how stupid or crazy your manouvre, you dont get shot into repair mode and you one shot almost everything. Just sit still out in the open nothing wil harm you or just go full throttle and aim half assed you will OHK or crit your opponent 99% garantueed.

The RNG is simply broken, build by someone on monday morning after october fest and never tested properly or simply programmed to favor one side from the start to keep everyone artifiicially around 50-50 win loss ratio.

I know there are very good outstanding players out there, better then i will ever be, i watch alot of replays and see my mistakes and things seem to make sense, but the amount of pop out one shot kills within fractions of a second is just ridiculous even in replay they seem off the chart shots. So many outstanding players or so many lucky shots? Here is a nice example, i was not even aiming, just on the winning team near the end : 

And it's not that it is just a certain BR, i've gone back and forth between ranks and it's the same everywhere. It's not a matter of the bad stays with you longer then the good anymore, it's not a matter of git gud because i am learning and getting better and better making less and less mistakes. And it's not just me, i check the playercards and complaints in the chat, if players with 8000+ or 10000+ games voice the same frustrations as this Ace...........Where there is smoke there is fire, something is definately going on.

medal

Not what i see...many tense battles...most of them will NOT end on a spawn overrunning, but will end by ticket bleed with tanks still fighting mid map...

One side MAY HAVE A BIG DISADVANTAGE, but due to having lost most caps early and not being able to take them back...

Spawn overruns are not so frequent these days...i mean in AB from BR2 to BR5. They DO happen...i would say 1 in 5 games MAX.

Today i had several battles that were fought to the end...i recall one i was shooting across map OVER CAP ZONE (Zone A on Ash River...me on one side, them on the other) when we won by ticket bleed...

Couple more ended while i was in running fights...i remember because i lost the "kills" as game tickets ran out...(maybe i was saved by them, we will never know)...as we were fighting midmap...

Only recall ONE overrun...

As to losing side having bad RNGs...also not what i see...

I sometimes am the team rookie...i end up 16th on a winning team with hits and no kills...but the team wins...

Others i am the rookies hero...end up top 5 of the losing team with more kills than deaths...but the team loses...

And several other scenarios...seems "random" to me...luck shifts from one battle to the other...

Dialed back to US 3.3 a few days ago. Played a couple average matches, and then...
... Karelia. Hadn't played that map in a long time, rather enjoyed it! Especially since I took 1'st place, 11 kills, 3 assist, 42 hits, no deaths, 1 cap, survivor, heavy metal fury, final blow, etc. My armaments seemed laser guided through the entire match.

Subsequently had 15'th and 16'th places in two losing matches where I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at contact distance. Literally, well aimed close range shots simply didn't land. I watched one "green" 600m shot sail completely over the target and hit a wall behind.

There is most definitely an RNG or other capability-based shaping component to games. And yes, I saved screenshots of the results screen for that 2/17 match.

15 minutes ago, mfree80286 said:

Dialed back to US 3.3 a few days ago. Played a couple average matches, and then...
... Karelia. Hadn't played that map in a long time, rather enjoyed it! Especially since I took 1'st place, 11 kills, 3 assist, 42 hits, no deaths, 1 cap, survivor, heavy metal fury, final blow, etc. My armaments seemed laser guided through the entire match.

Subsequently had 15'th and 16'th places in two losing matches where I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at contact distance. Literally, well aimed close range shots simply didn't land. I watched one "green" 600m shot sail completely over the target and hit a wall behind.

There is most definitely an RNG or other capability-based shaping component to games. And yes, I saved screenshots of the results screen for that 2/17 match.

I get similar results sometimes...two matches in sequence on same day and top5 in one, bottom 5 in other...

I just dont blame "the force"...i take it as an effect of luck (or lack of it), variable opposition and my own performance...

In the numbers above, your good game you have 42 HITS...but "only" 14 apparent critical hits...so i am guessing RNGs weren't all good...

I often find the biggest difference is on the ability to stay alive...the longer you live and are able to fire, the more hits and therefore more kills...and THIS is strongly related to player actions...

Edited by *GhostSoph

8 hours ago, mfree80286 said:

No question about that I get the same. some matches I'm a gaming god the next I get totally shunked, use a big booster it's a guaranteed loser game for me and sorry mods I quit having performance anxiety at 18 so it isn't that.    

Gaijin's attempts to keep the player base in check along with thier earnings?? Stomp or be stomped... The longer the battles last the greater Rp you earn. End the battle in 5 mins and neither side earns very much.. Make it go 20 mins and players earn more RP. Kinda makes sense. Also I feel like your on an RP cap.. If you play to many games and earn to much RP, I feel like the MM gets worse and worse. Almost like theirs a RP threshold and if you pass it the game just goes against you. This is my opinion. 

medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this