Stona

Server Update 11.02.2019

Best answer

Regarding the removed. Ha-Go, FCM 36 and H.35. We will have some news to share on them in the future as well as the possibility of their return / obtainment. 

The developers are currently hard at work on the current change and we will have further updates and news to share in the near future. 

Thank you all for your continued feedback. We are still reviewing and passing daily :salute:

45 minutes ago, *GhostSoph said:

Err...by this argument, there would be several more vehicles that have too weak firepower...hell...M2A2 has only ONE MACHINEGUN...

(Unless...the MG is actually better than the guns on the deleted vehicles...not impossible, actually)

I actually managed to unlock some cammos on HaGo...never brilliant...but pre-changes the gun was not the worst in game...early Italian tanks (L6, L3) seem much worse...no?

I actually have the deleted vehicles...just curious on how the decision was based...

That MG is actually considered an anti-tank gun by the standards of the day.

The .50 cal was considered anti-tank when the M2A2 was introduced.
And I think you'll find that it performs pretty damned good in its tier :)

39 minutes ago, DebtlessWalnut said:

The Ha-Go was the most produced and iconic Japanese tank of WW2. Why remove it when you can use actual historical documentation for its ammunition or update its gun to the Type 98 with Type 1 ammunition? You are removing the face of the Japanese armored forces.

Just took my Ha-Go out in a 2.0 battle and got 2 kills with it and 2 more kills with the Ha-Go commander. Not to mention a few assists.

Yes, it's harder to compete with, but it's far from useless. 

I don't see the reason why it was removed.

(the H35, though, is utterly useless... and as much as I love the looks of the FCM, it too is useless)

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Stona said:

You have calculator, so you can check it by yourself. Link is in the changenotes.

Wiki team is aware of changes :)

I would have liked to know what the old pen values were compared to the new ones, but I get why that might be a bit of work...

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Stona said:

You have calculator, so you can check it by yourself. Link is in the changenotes.

Wiki team is aware of changes :)

What we want is a list which shows us all the shells, their previous penetration and their new one, preferably also the difference. Just like you do with BR and repair cost changes. Expecting the consumers to check every single shell individually themselves in not a good move, especially since we can't actually do that because there is no way to look at what the penetration used to be before the change since they are no longr visible.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 14
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Firnen_ said:

What we want is a list which shows us all the shells, their previous penetration and their new one, preferably also the difference. Just like you do with BR and repair cost changes. Expecting the consumers to check every single shell individually themselves in not a good move, especially since we can't actually do that because there is no way to look at what the penetration used to be before the change since they are no longr visible.

I think some players made such tables already. I saw many of them with "you nerfed (put nation name here) to oblivion" statements ;) 

We do not have such tables AFAIK. Maybe you can try to search on Wiki. It's not updated yet.

7 minutes ago, OddballE8 said:

Just took my Ha-Go out in a 2.0 battle and got 2 kills with it and 2 more kills with the Ha-Go commander. Not to mention a few assists.

(the H35, though, is utterly useless... and as much as I love the looks of the FCM, it too is useless)

I stated the reason in one of the first posts.

And again, no one is removing them from your hangar. If you manage to unlock them, you have them. We do not remove vehicles already unlocked by players (or at least I do not recall any situation like that).

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 10
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Stona said:

I think some players made such tables already. I saw many of them with "you nerfed (put nation name here) to oblivion" statements ;) 

We do not have such tables AFAIK. Maybe you can try to search on Wiki. It's not updated yet.

The penetration tool on which these player made tables are based produces different values that what we have ingame now though. the French 100mm should pen 297mm according to the calculator but only has 266 ingame for example.

Stona (Posted )

Here is the calculator https://wiki.warthunder.ru/New_formuls_for_calculating_of_the_armour_piercing
  • Upvote 15
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Stona said:

Problem is exactly the "nerfed" statements...and the "many" tables ;)

Some players are a bit biased on their tables and comments...in case you never noticed ;)

Bit odd for development team to make a change like this WITHOUT looking at the tables (and hence make them)...but i get they are not for "forum" distribution...thanks for answering...

Guess we will have to wait for beta testing ;)  by players...

Onward to battle...i will be hugging corners more tightly...no longer know what gun is now a death ray...hopefully i will have a few of them...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 12

17 minutes ago, OddballE8 said:

It beats the .50 by about 5mm so it should manage, plenty of tanks with 25mm armor.  I do hope that this creates the opportunity for the expansion of the trees downwards with maybe a 0 BR bracket, if we could get enough vehicles like the ha go and fcm together, it could create a neat environment.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Q. How are things currently with the mechanics for armour-piercing bombs? In reality they could sink battleships, in the game they do low damage to destroyers.

A. Currently they have no special armour-piercing action like that of armour-piercing rockets for example, all the damage is done by the explosive material in the bomb. We plan to work on this aspect further to make it reflect reality more accurately.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/226127-dev-questions-answers-compilation/&do=findComment&comment=7700038

By the way, for the Japanese 800 kg AP bomb and 500 kg SAP bomb exist for what? Are not you considering removing from the game or giving historically accurate penetrating power?  Compared to 800 kg AP bomb, it is not necessary to remove Ha-Go.

Such AP bombs exist to attack heavy armor battleships. Even if AP bomb's armor penetrating power is historically accurate, there are no playable battleships in WT, so it is meaningless.

Ha-Go should remain in the standard research tree. Ha-Go is different from 800 kg AP bomb, it is not meaningless existence. 800 kg AP bomb bug report has already been submitted to developers, but developers have decided to leave 800 kg AP bomb in the game.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/392036-800kg-navy-ap-bombs-not-affecting-ships/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Still confused as to how this makes sense; every US vehicle I've looked at, save the T29, now has lower penetration values AT ALL ANGLES when using standard AP ammo. Sure, this makes the ballistic capped shells an actual upgrade, but wouldn't a shell with no filler have a better ability to maintain its trajectory through armor, as long as it wasn't going to ricochet?

High tier APFSDS numbers seem mixed up for most nations (although the upgraded shells for the USSR 115/125mm cannon seem to be buffed.........); for many of the 'upgraded' shells, the numbers are much closer, equal, or even worse, all while still ringing up the overpriced SL cost.

My question to end with is: why are you making these rather drastic changes, vs fixing what should be simple things like the terrible lag/FPS drop in the helicopter event (to include the ridiculous weight of flares), the cost of the M8 rocket launcher reloads (30 something k SL...) in the US ship line, or adjusting BRs and costs of vehicles, repairs, and ammo?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14
medal medal medal medal medal

The premium H. 39, the H. 39 "Cambronne", is still at BR 1.3, while it's functionally identical non-premium equivalent is now at 1.0.

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Currently tech mod is under investigation, but Ha-Go's 37 mm Type 94 APHE shell is incorrect specification. With the calculation result based on the wrong shell specification, it is doubtful to decide to eliminate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Stona said:

I stated the reason in one of the first posts.

And again, no one is removing them from your hangar. If you manage to unlock them, you have them. We do not remove vehicles already unlocked by players (or at least I do not recall any situation like that).

I think you misunderstand :)

I don't mean that you took it out of the game and "away from me".

I meant that I don't see why it wasn't considered competitive any more, since IMHO it still is very competitive and didn't need to be removed from the lineup. :salute:

20 minutes ago, Tirkkonen said:

Why was not the players warned about that the vehicles disappear, so they would have had a chance to get them? H35, FCM36, Ha-Go

:crying:

I had a chance. At least few months. And don't be blue, first check if you do not have them in your tech tree. There is big chance that you already unlocked them :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Stona said:

I had a chance. At least few months. And don't be blue, first check if you do not have them in your tech tree. There is big chance that you already unlocked them :)

the only one that was not a reserve (so everyone has it) its the FCM36 which I didnt unlock and now im sad  :(

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Honestly, Gaijin, it wouldn't cost you anything to donate the FCM36 to every player that doesn't have it.

It won't change the economy, it won't ruin the balance.

It will simply be a good-will gesture for your company.

EDIT: It should be noted that I do have it... so I'm not affected.

Edited by OddballE8
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, blessed_kodi said:

the only one that was not a reserve (so everyone has it) its the FCM36 which I didnt unlock and now im sad  :(

You're not missing out on much...

After all, APHE cannot even trigger its own fuse now

13mm pen 0deg PB but fuse is 25mm

• Haha 13
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

First game since update I thought I'd check the lower tiers out. M5A1 struggles to pen a T-50 hull from approx 10m away, I was shooting down at it too from about 1.5 times it's height which should have negated the sloped armour's effect as I cut the angle to an almost head on shot. All it's shells have the same pen value now, the only bonus being to ricochet chance. At least now I don't need two types of shells for long and short range.

Edited by Tarby__GB
missing words!
medal medal medal

I dont get it...

I calculated the pen of the round with this calculator and the Informations i found in the Internet.

Te result is 465.6 mm of Pen not 410 mm.

Please Fix it Gaijin.

• Confused 1

Hi all. 

It is fun to se that everybody is upset about some low rank tanks disapperaing or being moved.

Now the abrams is at par with the Italian OF 40 when it comes to amunition and the Centauro ROMOR has more pen the Abrams. Does this mean that Italians can´t play on the same side as germany now?

The Japanese Type 90 has realy good pen. does that mean that they can´t play with Germans any more? 

Does this nerfing of american shells mean that they are alowed to team up with germans now? I mean, they will have a realy hard time to do any damage to russian tanks so they should feal safe now.

Will this mean that the yankees get the M774 shell?

is there any point in researching the British L23A1? It has less pen (most of the time) then the L23.

Is this a confirmation of russian bias? 

Now there is a reason for me to ask all these questions. I want good tanks at rank 6 and i do not have any yet so i need toi know what tech tree to research in the future. American is out as it is now. Only russian and Japanese looks ok, plus maybe Germany.

I need to know because continuing down the road with american tanks is totaly useless now. Especialy since America can´t fight on the same side as germany, so they will face Russia and Germany togheter with Japan. I am a bit sad that i bought the XM1 to speed up my research. Can i have a refund so i can buy something else?

Ah well. i will se you on the battlefield... or atleast in the sim sky.

//Wulferine 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Stona said:

Long story short: Due to changes provided with latest calculation system, guns used in removed vehicles were too obsolete to provide any real firepower (old, pre-WW2 guns). In the future we will implement new low level vehicle.

Does this mean there is a possibility of seeing WW1 era tanks such as the Mark IV Male since their guns "don't provide any real firepower"?

USA M79 ammo has less pen than stock M62 ammo. Nice upgrade.

M61 has more penetration than M72

M51B1/B2 has exactly same values as M74B1. The first one is capped shell ammo.

• Upvote 8
medal medal