WolFie90

USA 8.0 - 10.0 is not OP by far

1 hour ago, *sageman901 said:

the t80u and the tunguska are not even out there and people complain about them just wow 

Yes and no.

While the values are subjected to change, in Dev server the Tunguska effortlessly shoots down any helicopter and has insta-killed my Challengers several times with missile.

Edited by Loongsheep
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Loongsheep said:

M1A1 is a great tank, but frankly not that different from IPM1 as M829 still can't defeat the T-80U easily. Combined with the very OP Leopard 2A5 (if modeled correctly, 700mm+ turret armor for KE), I can't see how the US team can win when the AH-1Z suddenly become sitting ducks.

somehow I doubt they will model  the leo 2a5 correctly. Apart from that, nation match making restrictions have to go anyway. The times are over where the soviets needed hand holding by this. They are fully capable now (in 1.87 anyway) to fight a GER/US combo. Getting rid of this restrictions is needed now for balance. But the other way round this time

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

On 25/02/2019 at 15:20, Necrons31467 said:

Again, factually incorrect:

These are the armour values against KE ammunition, colour coded so the difference is even more apparent.

htskryks.png.cb0ea506bf87ffeb73dbece9802

The problem with the values of the Abrams is that they're meaningless with the weak spots. Striking the mantlet has a chance to blow up the ready rack ammo and the turret ring makes tanking hits impossible. At least when you hide the hull of the Leopard, you are relatively safe from being killed frontally.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

lul, why bother using the 2A4 when the 2K does literally everything better (unless you desperately want that slightly increased ROF)?

medal medal

On 28/02/2019 at 07:37, SunsetShimmers said:

I entered something slightly wrong; it should be 417mm at 0 degrees, 243mm at 60 degrees.

Hide contents

120mm_M829_projectile.png

Hide contents

AtJFV37.jpg

Hide contents

bFH4LEg.jpg

EDIT: here's 105mm M833:

Reveal hidden contents

clip1543.png

Reveal hidden contents

kqj58be.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

rJtN7Fk.jpg

So 105mm M833 would be about 380mm at 0 degrees, 222mm at 60 degrees, versus 120mm M829 with 417mm at 0 degrees and 243mm at 60 degrees.

EDIT: more like 470-484mm at 0 degrees, 274-283mm at 60 degrees for M829.

Gaijin uses BHN of 260 for the example target on all Lanz-Odermatt equations according to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTdPVAFQuSz5Z_u5X_bcjxzab4oLT35oJDj0j-YjkspYRzIR8j49QJzeFsksjG1IgCoz6iYvYm5xhj-/pubhtml?gid=2087102741&single=true

The next challenge is figuring out the density of the example target. The closest I got was 6,000 kg/m^3. It seems to produce near identical results.

Spoiler

@ 0°

image.png.0d6c2db672b2c207a235b2a4ee121c

Spoiler

@ 60°

image.png.89d89f28daa394779a398a306d84d9

Divide that in half and you get ~289mm of 60° penetration; pretty close to the 284mm figure on the stat card on the dev server. And notice how the penetration doesn't drop from 10m to 100m on the stat card too. This may be a fudged figure from the actual.

So using your numbers with Gaijin's example target, it seems 498mm is on point. If we used your example target, all APFSDS would receive a massive nerf. M829 would still be on top of them though.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, IAMTRIGGERED said:

lul, why bother using the 2A4 when the 2K does literally everything better (unless you desperately want that slightly increased ROF)?

But my armor!....

Not like Leo2k was keeping pace with the M1 Abrams since their introduction

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Oktoberfest said:

OP should try to play french top tier for 3 months, then he would know what it is to have a bad top tier roster.

Wait... France has a top tier roster?

medal medal

18 minutes ago, Help_Bot_2000 said:

Wait... France has a top tier roster?

Sounds like fake news to me.

• Haha 1
medal medal

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 14:14, Oktoberfest said:

OP should try to play french top tier for 3 months, then he would know what it is to have a bad top tier roster.

Oh come on, you can see this tech tree before you go dumb and grind it. If there's only 1 tank at top tier at the end, there's just 1 tank at the top tier.
So far, this game doesn't have easteregg techtrees, so that you might get secret unlocked and 3 top tier hidden tanks will appear for you.

In other words. Choosing to play a tech tree, where's no alternatives in the end, is players own choise. But to choose it and then toot on forums that USA tree is too OP, because it has several top tier tanks ... well ... enough said.

However, back to topic.... With new tanks added to the game, I am pretty sure that USA suffered even more. That new Leo will flood us untill few months of "quick fix".

medal medal medal

15 hours ago, WolFie90 said:

However, back to topic.... With new tanks added to the game, I am pretty sure that USA suffered even more. That new Leo will flood us untill few months of "quick fix".

Nah the USA hasn't suffered enough, they need more nerfs. They can still pen our weak points o_o

Edited by Help_Bot_2000
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
medal medal

Actually , after the patch, it's now fulltime sealclubbing of usa+uk teams by rus+ger+japan.

Working as intended i guess. I dropped my premium and probrably will retire from the game for a while

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

5 hours ago, WolFie90 said:

Actually , after the patch, it's now fulltime sealclubbing of usa+uk teams by rus+ger+japan.

Working as intended i guess. I dropped my premium and probrably will retire from the game for a while

Grinded out my Challenger 2 started using to achieve an astonishing 23% win rate with it...while 2A5 users posted 70-80% winrate....now we wait until Gaijin collects enough money....ehhmm...i mean data for a good few months and do some balancing...which would probably mean adding new vehicles so people start talking about those.

Edited by MTom
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Gaijin beat me, i think i dont finsih this year of game for say :"i am 6 years players of Warthunder". The only way for like or continue play this game is the only one:> Play Germany or Soviet seriously and i speak generaly, not only for tank. You can take the planes, tank and ships problems they are the same. All Always in favor of the 2 main country loved by Gaijin. USA and BRits can go to Hell and just here for marketing and food  the lust of frags of german's Kevins! Am so tired to Always see how Germany/Soviet have Always a lower BR , prices and advantages like repair cost, turn/Climb/accelerate, ammo even stock, pen, relaod, mobility, armor.

Am so bored by all the hypocrits or idiot because they surely never play USA mainly and grind them by themselves except by playing only super premium T29 or XM1 by use money of dad and mam, or P47/F8 with money buy parts for not be stock because except3/4 few hunters planes and spadded+ with good expert team you cant beat a german/Italian or japan team! its a loose 9/10! And dont speak about because too much Heavys! its not because of this, its just a way players try to have some money/xp before Knock out. Tell me why ONLY GERMANY have a plane/Tank/Ship of each nations in his tree or Premium? For the KPZ i can understand because he made by them, but why add M47, M48, leo L44 (a little slower than  AMX40 at 8.7!!!!) Why add an MI 24 chopper? Why add so best of Mig versions or Sabre or now with Brits Jet? Because Germany not good with so low BR Arado, Me 262, Ho229 who turn like a japan and pen all the tank so easily with his super pen Cheated MK103! Its true german BomB and Super Heavy Rocket drop 1 by 1 (not the case for US anymore) are crap! ohh USA best CAS..My **** its Always germany, Always tell me wich case and i show you you're wrong!

So for tank between 8.0 and 10.0? i ear the wave of idiots cry about XM1 and Abrams...Because  mobile 105mm with apfsds and absolut no armor is Cheated? And more than the Plethore or Leo Types like L44 at 8.7 or Tam? or the T55/62 normal or Am versions at 8.3/8.7? Am tired to explain and see how diffenrecnies bewteen90mm Heat fs are 7.7 is USA and 6.3/6.7 is others. How are bbad in damage the APDS espeically 19 sec relaod Conqueror/Conway who never OS!! Tell me what to do with 19 sec relaod and a shell who just put yellow or damage so weak atiger who relaod, repair and kill before you are ready for next? And chieftain so slow, so slugish for turn and accelerate like all brits and US, and hop loose 80mm of pen because gaijin want this without reasons and nerf his relaod too.

ahh so tired bye bye, even for write my non language!

Edited by Pexitron
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Checked in game yesterday.
Yeah, nothing has changed. It is now completely USSR vs GER fanboi fest. :)

Lucky thing there was a load of a games on sale at steam, i'm busy for a while.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal