Enduring Confrontation victory conditions

9 minutes ago, Me4huk said:

AFAIK there should be official translation for english wiki, but so far it is nowhere to be seen. Again, it is something that you can not go and ask about right before the major update release. )

I've seen enough "official" translations that looked like something google-translator produced.

My favourite must be hint to remember to "rise the chassis" after getting airborne.

Why? Because it's closer in sound to original word шасси and it's 1st recommendation by google translator.
It doesn't matter that for aviation context more appropriate would be use of "landing gear" or "undercarriage". I think technically chassis is correct as well but it clearly shows that official texts are at least partially and at least some of the time google-translated and not proofed afterwards ;)

I don't recall in which "shooting range" above was said so sadly can't provide link so we can all have a laugh

Edited by przybysz86
medal medal medal medal medal

On 08/03/2019 at 12:56, Booker369 said:

Nowadays I'm not sure if it is that way any more. I remember fights, where I destroyed most of the pillboxes and howizers on the opposing team defence, but our side still lost the fight even if we lost only minimum amount of ground units. 

On 09/03/2019 at 19:55, *Nobody__0wens said:

The victory conditions in any of the "tasks" is opaque to me.

On 11/03/2019 at 14:01, przybysz86 said:

I wonder how "attackers" affect battles. I've seen battles where most of the defensive side got wiped out and most of the offensive side was still there but then AI attackers arrived, did some sorties and flew away.

Well, here's what I managed to find out.

1. There is no "death by script" in ground battles — all units in EC ground battles are honestly firing and honestly killing each other. AI CAS included.
  2. The battle is won by that side, which at the moment of the end of the battle has an advantage of at least 1 ground unit. Attacking side always have an advantage in numbers, so they usually win in cases where no one intervenes.
  3. There is no indication and meaning to learn which side have advantage ATM, therefore, from the players POV, the outcome of the ground battles is mostly random. The only way to influence the outcome of the each battle is to actively kill enemy AI ground units and prevent the enemy from doing the same.
On 11/03/2019 at 14:45, przybysz86 said:

Will you find time to translate it into English?

BTW, it is already translated. The catch is that this article can only be found through a search ATM.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 minutes ago, Me4huk said:

Well, here's what I managed to find out.

1. There is no "death by script" in ground battles — all units in EC ground battles are honestly firing and honestly killing each other. AI CAS included.
  2. The battle is won by that side, which at the moment of the end of the battle has an advantage of at least 1 ground unit. Attacking side always have an advantage in numbers, so they usually win in cases where no one intervenes.
  3. There is no indication and meaning to learn which side have advantage ATM, therefore, from the players POV, the outcome of the ground battles is mostly random. The only way to influence the outcome of the each battle is to actively kill enemy AI ground units and prevent the enemy from doing the same.

I have same observations. I think previously AI fire was totally random and almost never caused casualties on enemy end. Recently both ground and air AI units can and do effectively engage enemy troops.

I'd also add that there is no kill feed for "unnamed AI" ground kills - you have to observe map to see how effective attackers sortie was as it's totally random (as in real life) and sometimes they can wipe battle almost clean and sometimes their effect maybe not negligible but not as strong.

Now if only we can get some small calibre AA in battles (simple AA trucks knonw from convoy would do but even APCs with 7-8mm MGs are fine) it would be even better. It would make attacking howitzers at least a little bit dangerous

Tier V-VI Base AAA is totally useless now and unable to provide even the slightest of deterrence.

I know, because in 7 years, I have never been able to overfly the Base at low alt or hover around once alerted, with out some very serious ventilation.

Today, for the first time, I was peacefully strafing aircraft on the runway multiple times and killed multiple aircraft repairing and taking off and landing.

Please don't do this, Bases are supposed to be a safe area for spawn, yes in real life bases got attacked, but never by a single aircraft doing the Tango over the air base.

Please fix the AAA, lets not defeat the game before it even starts.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

• 8 months later...

Read a considerable amount of entries on this issue in various threads and someone proposed the paramount victory condition should be the amount of squares each side posseses. IMO, that's the best way to measure one team's performance in the battle, since it's an amalgam of the fighters', attakers' and bombers' effort and would, hopefully, produce more balanced teams.

Is it possible to setup a test event, for something like that, like we had HEC, 5 years ago?

Edited by C0lander
  • Upvote 1
medal

• 2 months later...

Are american teams automatically conditioned to win in 2020? I cant win one EC when playing against americans, sure often they win because they have always two to three times more players so they have more kills/objectives. But my last match was just a joke. We had 1k points advantage whole game, we lost 2 objectives vs 10 completed and when the game was nearing the end we just lost 600 points out of nowhere, no objectives were completed by any side, no frags, nothing. And if that was not funny enough when both teams had around 1,5k tickets left, german side just lost all at once and boom, game over. The only frags at that time were our Mig-15 shooting down a B-57.

After the bomber nerf SB is just not worth playing anymore, cant ever win against americans, and during the time you sacrifice to play EC you would make 2 times more RP and SL on RB.

• 2 months later...
On 01/02/2020 at 16:36, Ciamkacz said:

Are american teams automatically conditioned to win in 2020? I cant win one EC when playing against americans, sure often they win because they have always two to three times more players so they have more kills/objectives.

they also carry more bombs on average and you do not have to sacrifice ability of air-2-air combat to carry bombs. for RU it's either bomber or fighter. in US you can drop bombs first and kill planes later which is more fun.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DaffanZ said:

More pro design

Bombing points on the airfield literally un-killable at many low-mid tier

Yci5TtS.jpg

if you can bomb AF and survive you can bomb the point and survive. 3km is not that high ;)
Every single plane can reach altitude required for safe drop and those that have hard time doing so usually do so due to heavy payload. if you take less bombs (which would still suffice for a base) it would not be that hard to climb to 3-4km and survive
But I agree- it gives unfair advantage to once side since other one can just go low and us even fighters to bomb them but I won't kill them un-killable

7 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

if you can bomb AF and survive you can bomb the point and survive. 3km is not that high ;)
Every single plane can reach altitude required for safe drop and those that have hard time doing so usually do so due to heavy payload. if you take less bombs (which would still suffice for a base) it would not be that hard to climb to 3-4km and survive
But I agree- it gives unfair advantage to once side since other one can just go low and us even fighters to bomb them but I won't kill them un-killable

Ur right I should spend 30 minutes in a 2.3 bomber climbing so the whole round trip takes 2 hours for a measly 50sp and 3k lions, prob get reamed by airfield defenders too. 

The bomber in question can barely even bomb a base with full load as well, so make that 2 trips which is 4 hours

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, DaffanZ said:

Ur right I should spend 30 minutes in a 2.3 bomber climbing so the whole round trip takes 2 hours for a measly 50sp and 3k lions, prob get reamed by airfield defenders too.

I am not a bomber pilot but people seem to bomb AFs even in EC1 so ... :dntknw:

for me every bomber sortie is too boring to bother but since there are people who do that and I know they think it's fun, they might bomb the base as well.
Especially since bombing bases give their team more point than just dropping load on AFs.

And for them it's actually better since they bomb base and drop rest of the load on AF as contraty to spending time to go to base only to be able to drop half of the load

25 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

I am not a bomber pilot but people seem to bomb AFs even in EC1 so ... :dntknw:

for me every bomber sortie is too boring to bother but since there are people who do that and I know they think it's fun, they might bomb the base as well.
Especially since bombing bases give their team more point than just dropping load on AFs.

And for them it's actually better since they bomb base and drop rest of the load on AF as contraty to spending time to go to base only to be able to drop half of the load

It's part of spading

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 15/05/2020 at 06:14, Daffan said:

Going up may take long time, but RTB is about 1/3 the time, maybe less.

What is it, a Farman 223?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

What is it, a Farman 223?

doubtful. He must be using Zeppelins.

I can tell you that even in Farman whole round trip (take off, climb, drop bombs on 2 AFs and RTB) takes 20mins or so.

3 Farmans doing 2 trips each could destroy all runways and repair modules (basically winning game) in less than 45 mins (+ time to get SP) in EC1

• Upvote 1

Ok, can we get ground units spawn in ground battles fixed?

Game spawns randomly or nothing at all, on one or both sides.

This is decisive for ticket count. We can't really play like this.

Edited by C0lander
medal

8 hours ago, C0lander said:

Ok, can we get ground units spawn in ground battles fixed?

Game spawns randomly or nothing at all, on one or both sides.

This is decisive for ticket count. We can't really play like this.

Yea, lost a ~30k lead and the game due that recently.  “Oh look, you just lost that ground battle (that not a single enemy player/attacker aided)... what a shame you had 2 airfields in that grid.... and no ground units to contest the battle.”  

• Upvote 2
medal

• 3 months later...

@lastGrayAngel - would it be possible to change cap-A zones to not reset my personal cap progress if I leave the zone for 1s or is this outside mission design.

Problem right now is that in jets it's super easy to get outside of above the cap zone as those planes have no problem gaining 2-3km in simple loop.
If I do so cap progress remains but my personal score for it is reset to 0 so if I cap 99% of zone alone leave for 0.5s, return and cap last 1% I only get reward for 1%.

Not sure if this is mission design or outside of your area so don't beat me if it's not ;)

• Like 1

If caps stops for sector in that 1 second then it's tricky.

You cap to 80% and leave for a second.

Secor 0%, your personal score 80%. Cap it in full now = 180%? :D

Edited by Amyel
medal medal

16 minutes ago, Amyel said:

If caps stops for sector in that 1 second then it's tricky.

You cap to 80% and leave for a second.

Secor 0%, your personal score 80%. Cap it in full now = 180%? :D

It should count all my cap - if I cap 99% alone, 2 enemy comes in and decap to 50% as I fight them, I win and cap back to 100% I should get 149% reward :)
Also - sector do not decap to 0% as soon as you leave - sector remains or de-cap really slowly if enemy is not there so it's not realistic to expect people to cap to 99%, leave, wait for it to decap over time and get back.
Beside you can always put limit at 100% - still better than doing loop 1m too high and ending with 1% after capping whole zone alone