Kuky_HR

Solution for revenge bombing?

There is nothing that we hate more in this game than low effort revenge kamikaze bombings. 

They have to remove killcam which shows your killer location in Realistic. There is no need for this, it only benefit bad players who die and is easily abused. Just show like how did shell hit my tank and what it did, thats it.

For example in most cases this are people who take Bt5, M2A2 in 8.0 and then cap die to know your location. Now this is even more common with those Centauro drivers.

So many times I finally kill them only so they take F82 slam it into ground and bomb me.

Anyone have better solution than disable for killcam?

Edited by Shia_LaBeouf_HR
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal

killcam is bs, you can spend 5 minutes to drive around in a flank kill one dude and then then instantly bombed because he now knows exactly where you are

• Upvote 2
medal

I just laugh an accept it, they felt like you were worth the trouble. Especially in top tier, people don't like it when you slap them with 10K+ repair bill so when you think about it they can't let you get away with it :lol2:

• Haha 1
medal medal

Move behind some trees, buildings etc.

Try to anticipate the revenge bomber - you know the direction it'll come from so provided you hide successfully during his first one or two passes he'll almost certainly drop his ordnance on something else.

If he does acquire you it depends what vehicle you're in, if you can get on the reverse side of a hard object or a hill you'll be fairly well protected. In the open (you shouldn't be in the open though anyway); try moving perpendicular to his angle of approach for shallow attacks, for steep attacks you can drive into it and force the pilot to either pull off or crash (though he may still kamikaze you).

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

52 minutes ago, Seljak said:

better solution

To be fair, that will only make WT a ground only game. 

Then it will lose players and probably vanish sooner or later because the game features no diversity anymore. That's no desired outcome either. 

Edited by DELTACLUSTER
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, DELTACLUSTER said:

To be fair, that will only make WT a ground only game. 

Then it will lose players and probably vanish sooner or later because the game features no diversity anymore. That's no desired outcome either. 

It loses players anyways because of the bad MM for instance.

medal medal medal medal

It doesn't need only GF. I don't have problem with planes and bombers. But I hate how people revenge bombing you, they even crash into ground and release bombs in last mometn only so they can be sure they will kill you. 

For example my T54 so many times people bomb me right away. I need to kill like 6 players with tank in order to earn something, since you know tank repair cost is 12 000SL

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, HammyTheHamster1 said:

Try to anticipate the revenge bomber - you know the direction it'll come from so provided you hide successfully during his first one or two passes he'll almost certainly drop his ordnance on something else.

If he does acquire you it depends what vehicle you're in, if you can get on the reverse side of a hard object or a hill you'll be fairly well protected. In the open (you shouldn't be in the open though anyway); try moving perpendicular to his angle of approach for shallow attacks, for steep attacks you can drive into it and force the pilot to either pull off or crash (though he may still kamikaze you).

All fine but it simply should not be a thing that I have to maneuver or urgently have to search for some cover because the guy I just killed rises from the dead and has only that one goal: Bombing me into oblivion. If I get scouted by the enemy and a plane or another tank gets redirected to my position I am ok with that. But that artificial killcam is just bs.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, KB_Martinsen said:

Is this a big problem in RB/SB?

From an AB pov that 1 out 15-20 matches where it happens its 75% the victims fault for not moving away from the bomb.

You can set the fuses on bombs in RB and SB. There is almost no chance of getting out of the blast radius if a bomb lands near you.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, HammyTheHamster1 said:

And while you do this mating dance 3-4 enemy will shoot you to pieces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal

no one ever seems to mention this but the hit cam also negates the purpose of smoke screen.

low-effort kills come from criticalling the enemy, they pop smoke to repair, then you just watch the top right small screen to see where to place your shots.

takes away the point of smoke entirely.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, lowbudgetman said:

no one ever seems to mention this but the hit cam also negates the purpose of smoke screen.

low-effort kills come from criticalling the enemy, they pop smoke to repair, then you just watch the top right small screen to see where to place your shots.

takes away the point of smoke entirely.

In that sense, the message "Hit" is also already giving away the position. 

10 hours ago, Turboyota said:

All fine but it simply should not be a thing that I have to maneuver or urgently have to search for some cover because the guy I just killed rises from the dead and has only that one goal: Bombing me into oblivion. If I get scouted by the enemy and a plane or another tank gets redirected to my position I am ok with that. But that artificial killcam is just bs.

10 hours ago, MTom said:

And while you do this mating dance 3-4 enemy will shoot you to pieces.

I get why you find it frustrating, but I'm playing the same game as you and have found ways to mitigate the issue far enough that it no longer troubles me.

On the contrary, successfully avoiding attacks from someone who is so obviously salty is hugely satisfying.

medal medal medal

27 minutes ago, DELTACLUSTER said:

In that sense, the message "Hit" is also already giving away the position. 

sure,sure,..

ideally, there'd be a HARDCORE mode in RB, where it's not quite like SIM, but more like RB with all hit markers removed, killcam, hitcam, arty indicator, etc.

i think the fact that you can mark enemies on map using machine guns is idiotic. so many times i cripple tank, he marks me via machine gun fire, i get **** by 3 of his teammates who now know my position.

medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, lowbudgetman said:

i think the fact that you can mark enemies on map using machine guns is idiotic. so many times i cripple tank, he marks me via machine gun fire, i get **** by 3 of his teammates who now know my position.

Why do you think tanks IRL have those radios? In WT the player is combining the roles of gunner, commander and driver so we don't have time to type long explanations into chat and can't use actual voice comms. Markers and the like simulate the existence of radios and radio operators.

I avoid Sim mode specifically because of this, there's nothing realistic or immersive about driving around totally blind with virtually no communication with allies and not even knowing their locations. Chat isn't a sufficient substitute. It's particularly noticeable with how brutally OP squads of players using teamspeak are in Sim.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, lowbudgetman said:

ideally, there'd be a HARDCORE mode in RB, where it's not quite like SIM, but more like RB with all hit markers removed, killcam, hitcam, arty indicator, etc.

Given that sim is abdolutely broken in regards to gunsights, once those are fixed it could pretty much be what you are looking for. 

• Upvote 2

You could be satisfied to know that (in RB at least) it's just cost him probably more SL than it cost you - most decent aircraft have massive repair bills.

Also, if you are in a really good flank position, he may be doing it for the team and the victory rather than in a fit of salty revenge - knowing a good tanker in a flank position can turn the tide of a battle all on his own.  He may also be just, you know, incompetent.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

I think it should be forbidden for a player to enter with lower tiers in high tiers games. for example if he wants to enter a game of tier 6 with a bt5 and will not be able to spawn because the BR is not part of that classification he could only enter if he had a vehicle at least 8.0 above that would avoid much of the people wanting to go with a tank useless just to get attackers

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I agree especially when you flank the enemy team in an M18. All they do after is they spawn in their bomber and either rocket me or suicide bomb me even when I move into the shade or relocate.

Edited by luke9854
medal medal