Is there any documentation on #unit?

It seems to be the function that picks up all of the external info. It seems like it would be very useful but I have no idea what arguments it takes and the ones it does take are Russian.

medal medal medal

If you check my user page it is running in a basic proof of concept. Here is what I worked out:

The structure seems to be:

{{#unit: <vehicle code> | <stat> | <game mode>}}

Vehicle code can be gotten from the vehicle article as it is used to create the sidebar. Or alternatively from the CDK or my vehicle names forum thread.

Stat is in russian, not sure what accepted values are. You can work out some of it from the sidebar. For example бр is Battle Rating (presumably Russian for BR).

Game mode is again in russian, but I've been able to work it out:

AB: аб

RB: рб

SB: сб

Edited by Flame2512
medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Flame2512 said:

For example бр is Battle Rating (presumably Russian for BR).

You are correct...I had to use Google Translate to figure out what many of the parsers were, some end up having English equivalents and others don't, so for the time being you may have to use a mix to accomplish any parser/template formatting you may be working on.

medal medal medal

After going through Specs-Card, it seems clear to me that all of the values are being pulled from a manually maintained database. There are missing stats in newer vehicles and some features written into the template do not work

So it is not the silver bullet I expected it to be.

Anyways my writeup of what I've figure out from Specs-Cards is here: https://wiki.warthunder.com/User:U30585107

Edited by blastedryan
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal

On 04/02/2019 at 22:49, blastedryan said:

After going through Specs-Card, it seems clear to me that all of the values are being pulled from a manually maintained database

That is my estimation too, it is possible there are potentially more parser arguments available, however, until a full list is released to us or more templates with not yet used parsers appear, we may not get that information.  The Specs-Card is a fantastic piece of work, a lot of time and hard work went into it especially with the java supporting it and whatever else they have behind the curtain (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...).

medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...