MTom

Air RB not woth playing anything but germans?

1 minute ago, LobsterCoat said:

Are you implying you turnfight in D-25 or D-28?

Or are you trying to selectively neglect this balancing issue.

Engine power means a lot in this particular comparison

They are both turnfighters also have energy fight capabilities. They have similar role, while the lower BR one suits the role better. 

Engine power directly relates to its survivabilities when they’re being engaged and evading. 

Engine power also contributes to its climb ability and acceleration. That gains A7M more time at the tail of enemy. 

Maybe gaijin should introduce conflict between Axis, so German and Italian pilots would get a sense of how Japanese fighters work. 

What matters is Power to weight ratio, not engine power alone.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BrassWolf said:

What matters is Power to weight ratio, not engine power alone.

You are obviously trolling and deviating the discussion. 

Wing loading 

Drag coefficient 

Lift coefficient 

Induced drag 

lift induced drag

Reynolds number

Oswald factor number 

I could go on and on 

But today we are focusing on our lovely little A7M2

• Upvote 3
medal medal

3 minutes ago, LobsterCoat said:

You are obviously trolling and deviating the discussion. 

Wing loading 

Drag coefficient 

Lift coefficient 

Induced drag 

lift induced drag

Reynolds number

Oswald factor number 

I could go on and on 

But today we are focusing on our lovely little A7M2

brasswolf is right though. the key factor is power/weight. it's pretty much the most important metric for performance in WT.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Donald_Keener said:

the most important metric

PtW is very important, everybody knows that.

You know yaks rip when they fly faster than 600kph?

You know a year ago 109s do lock up elevator at high speed?

you know back into the old days spitfires rip when diving pass 650?

these planes all have great PtW ratio but there are various factors limiting their role in both WT and reality. However, when it comes to A7M, these factors are almost negligible and that’s why we are here to talk about OPness of this thing. 

It can be a turnfighter, or energy fighter, or BnZer. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

so? if i was in a yak i will just never exceed 600, what's the problem? what are they gonna do? if im attacking from above, then at best he can just dive away and i can't follow. big deal, now he's at ground level. i can follow him slowly, sooner or later he will have to come back and get shot.

if im getting attacked, i can just turn, and use my superior energy regain to slowly equalise.

this >top speed meme is just bogus. you spend 1% of the time at top speed or higher, while 100% of the time accelerating. good divers are just good at giving up energy.

5 hours ago, Donald_Keener said:

what's the problem?

The problem is most of your enemy usually start with a positional advantage. When they are diving on you, you are forced to do defensive manoeuvre until you equalise the energy between you and your opponent. 

However, when a Japanese plane comes at you from above at 750kph there’s not much you can do. The energy retention of Japanese planes in shallow dive is ridiculous. You, a yak, cannot outdive nor outmanoeuvre, so eventually the Japanese planes just come closer and closer to your 6.

medal medal

18 hours ago, BrassWolf said:

Dude, not long ago I've outenergied A7M2 in and Cannonstang. Sorry :salute:

Replay, or it didn't happen.

6 hours ago, LobsterCoat said:
7 hours ago, BrassWolf said:

Ok. P-38E sitting at 3.0 got more combined power than A7M. Want more? Check D-25 and D-28 engine powers. :017: Youll be amazed. :popcorn: Dude, engine power alone says nothing.

Engine power means a lot in this particular comparison.

Engine power means a lot, but so does the weight. It may have engine power comparable to some post war planes, but if it weighs more you get average results.

The climb rate of A7M1 for example, is pretty average, it's strengths are dive speed and turn rate. There are much better climbing planes in their and others trees.

medal

A7M2 has an empty weight of 3.2 tons, and a max takeoff weight of 4.7 tons. with 2,200hp, that's 0.466 hp/kg at maximum weight. D-30 gets 1860hp/5.1 tons = 0.364hp/kg. That's a lighter plane than the P-51D-30, and the reppu gets more engine power, at a BR only 0.3 higher

Edited by Spindash64
  • Upvote 2
medal

16 hours ago, BrassWolf said:

D-28 is better than any A6M except flat turning. You should be outenergying zero in a jug. If you dont, you are doing something fundamentally wrong.

Spaded D-28, maybe, stock D-28?  No.  Plus, I was going straight vertical, not a 5-degree zoom climb.

On 25/01/2019 at 16:05, DaGreenBolt said:

Literally even the Italians are quite unplayable, not because their planes are bad, but the repair costs on some 4.7 and 5.7br planes are past 30k, (I'm looking at you g55 series 1 and g56), I don't know why the g56 has a 22k repair cost stock and a 33k repair cost spaded, and the g55 series 1 has a 20k repair cost sock and a 30.5k repair cost spaded

Because they are easy mode. 

4 hours ago, willcliff said:

592707109_shot2019_01_2520_48_26.thumb.j

Spading my he 177, facing p-51h and bearcats... this is just depressing.

K4 is much better then the game suggests at 5.3. It's easily a 5.7, easily. The 190c is also lulz because you can fly into the ground vertically and somehow(sometimes) pull straight up. I was in a match as Allies and a 190c came to our airfield, dived right down pure vertically like a missile from 2km to snipe me and I thought 100% he would crash but he missed me and went right back up lmao. 

Edited by DaffanZ
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, DaffanZ said:

K4 is much better then the game suggests at 5.3. It's easily a 5.7, easily.

no

24 minutes ago, DaffanZ said:

The 190c is also lulz because you can fly into the ground vertically and somehow(sometimes) pull straight up. I was in a match as Allies and a 190c came to our airfield

Which is a bug that you refuse to report becoz muh argument.

25 minutes ago, DaffanZ said:

dived right down pure vertically like a missile from 2km to snipe me and I thought 100% he would crash but he missed me and went right back up lmao.

you thought wrong.

The mindset of a person thinking the K-4 for 5.7 would obviously think somewhere near here.

Americans must be real grindy lately. I mean, how does one even go wrong in a P51H?

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, Gavin_Mactavish said:

Americans must be real grindy lately. I mean, how does one even go wrong in a P51H?

uhh they don't? I'm sure its a easy plane now at 6.3 instead of the old 6.7 and as more jets were made 7.3-8.0 so uptiers are even less likely in it. 

Guys, Axis is EASY mode! EASY AF! If you do not know how to play air RB, then play Germany, Japan or Italy. This is the easiest nation to play. And don't listen if people tell you that German or Japanese or Italian planes are difficult to master. That's bull$hit!

Spoiler

930752162_EASYAF.thumb.jpg.5f0f04541379c

Edited by R1seTW
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Totally agree.  My only plane with a greater than 1.5/1 K/D and more than 20 flyouts is the Fw 190 D-13, most of that in Air RB as well.

5 hours ago, R1seTW said:

Guys, Axis is EASY mode! EASY AF! If you do not know how to play air RB, then play Germany, Japan or Italy. This is the easiest nation to play. And don't listen if people tell you that German or Japanese or Italian planes are difficult to master. That's bull$hit!

Reveal hidden contents

930752162_EASYAF.thumb.jpg.5f0f04541379c

You know I don't see whats so wrong with this.  And its what I've said for years.  Learn how to play in the axis nations, then come back to US.  US planes are very powerful and totally competitive, but they are not for the inexperienced or less skilled players.  Is that really so wrong? 

UK would be a good transition tree (as it used to be) if hispanos worked.  RU though I just don't really know how your ever going to make the bulk of these planes truly competitive.  Poor high alt performance without the ability to dive away is a horrible combination.

• Confused 1
medal

4 hours ago, Hank_HI11 said:

You know I don't see whats so wrong with this.  And its what I've said for years.  Learn how to play in the axis nations, then come back to US.  US planes are very powerful and totally competitive, but they are not for the inexperienced or less skilled players.  Is that really so wrong? 

UK would be a good transition tree (as it used to be) if hispanos worked.  RU though I just don't really know how your ever going to make the bulk of these planes truly competitive.  Poor high alt performance without the ability to dive away is a horrible combination.

US planes right now is just meat for axis, believe me. UK same.

Edited by R1seTW
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Hank_HI11 said:

What playing Allies really means:

Get 100x better at the game so that you can make up for plane deficiencies

Use team mates as bait to pad K/D and fly in space afk

end

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Hank_HI11 said:

US planes are powerful and competetive with a competent pilot and team.  Germany has a lot more wiggle room compared to the U.S., Italy even more, since they climb well, have excellent guns, are decently fast, and have decent/good maneuverability for Germany, good to very good for Italy.  U.S. has speed and guns, and that’s it (maneuverability is generally poor for land-based fighters except at high speeds, and maneuvers in pretty much all U.S. props bleed speed like crazy).  Granted, a smart pilot will be very hard to beat, but he will also have next to no opportunities to make a counterattack, as props just don’t retain energy well enough to zoom up at an enemy at higher altitude (jets are a different story; whoever’s fastest will nearly always win).

16 hours ago, Hank_HI11 said:

Hm, while many Axis aircraft are indeed easy to use without much experience, nearly all also feature high skill ceiling if you want to truly master them.

As for RU, i strongly desagree. Yet, i used to have this very same opnion you have up until few days ago. But, Yaks are probably the best tech line for beginers (at least early ones). They do have limitations, but these limitations are very clear. And they have the strenghts necessary to deal with these limitations :

• Low redline speed teaches to pay attention to and manage speed. But speed is easy to get back if you miss manage it and loose to much. Or don't gain enought. It will teach you restrain in engaging targets. To not overcommit in dives.
  • You won't get away from bandits with nose down dives, but it's a good thing. It teaches you the correct way to deal with bandits by diving : shallow dives. And Yaks are very good at shallow dives.
  • Combined with a very good level flight energy retention, it will teach you energy fighting in a secure, safe aircraft, as if you miss judge the energy fighting capabilty of a bandit's aircraft or the bandit's energy state, you will be able to turn&burn agaisnt most of them. And the Good MER will allow you to make bandits loose energy to equalise and resume to energy fighting if you can't turn&burn agaisnt the bandit you'r engaged with.
  • Gun placement and low-ish ammo count teach you trigger discipline and carefull aiming. Benefical for every other aircraft you'll fly. But without being too arsh, you can still spray and pray for  about 2 kills. And with a platefrom easy to aim with.
  • While performence are not as good over about 3500-4000m, it's still not bad up untill 5500-6000m. It means that even if you get lower tahn most Axis aircrafts, you won't be that much lower (thanks to a good climb rate). Not at too great a disadvantage, with a plane featuring everything you need to close the energy gap you'll need. You will learn to deal with planes at higher alt (something you definitly don't learn with Geramn planes, as i discovered myself), which will be extremely usefull with any other aircraft at some point. It also teach you to drag bandits in your playground instead of fallowing them in their's.
  • They are versatile. As they are good at many things (without being the best). That means they are very forgiving, a good thing for beginners. As they can see they got themself in trouble but have the opportunity to correct on the spot. Not in the next match but right there. Great for learning.

I started Yak's tech line last week in spite of Allied teams and boredom of Axis easy-mode. And the experience has been a complete surprise to me. A very positive one. I have acheived much better results than with any other planes i flown as of yet. But not in the easymode fashion of Axis. I had to work for my kills and wins. With a plateforme than clearly informed me when I was working correctly and not correctly, but with enough forgiveness to let me correct thing when i was clearly not doing the right thing with it. I have probably learned more in they last few days on Yaks than in the last couple of mouth on Axis and Allied Planes.

In the span of a few days only, Yak, at least the ealry ones i've had flown, grown on me as my new favorites aircrafts.

Edited by SuperDuperOtter
  • Like 1
medal

21 minutes ago, SuperDuperOtter said:

Hm, while many Axis aircraft are indeed easy to use without much experience, nearly all also feature high skill ceiling if you want to truly master them.

As for RU, i strongly desagree. Yet, i used to have this very same opnion you have up until few days ago. Yaks are probably the best tech line for beginers (at least early ones). They do have limitations, but these limitations are very clear. And they have the strenghts necessary to deal with these limitations :

• Low redline speed teaches to pay attention to and manage speed. But speed is easy to get back if you miss manage it and loose to much. Or don't gain enought. It will teach you restrain in engaging targets. To not overcommit in dives.
  • You won't get away from bandits with nose down dives, but it's a good thing. It teaches you the correct way to deal with bandits by diving : shallow dives. And Yaks are very good at shallow dives.
  • Combined with a very good level flight energy retention, it will teach you energy fighting in a secure, safe aircraft, as if you miss judge the energy fighting capabilty of a bandit's aircraft or the bandit's energy state, you will be able to turn&burn agaisnt most of them. And the Good MER will allow you to make bandits loose energy to equalise and resume to energy fighting if you can't turn&burn agaisnt the bandit you'r engaged with.
  • Gun placement and low-ish ammo count teach you trigger discipline and carefull aiming. Benefical for every other aircraft you'll fly. But without being too arsh, you can still spray and pray for  about 2 kills. And with a platefrom easy to aim with.
  • While performence are not as good over about 3500-4000m, it's still not bad up untill 5500-6000m. It means that even if you get lower tahn most Axis aircrafts, you won't be that much lower (thanks to a good climb rate). Not at too great a disadvantage, with a plane featuring everything you need to close the energy gap you'll need. You will learn to deal with planes at higher alt (something you definitly don't learn with Geramn planes, as i discovered myself), which will be extremely usefull with any other aircraft at some point. It also teach you to drag bandits in your playground instead of fallowing them in their's.
  • They are versatile. As they are good at many things (without being the best). That means they are very forgiving, a good thing for beginners. As they can see they got themself in trouble but have the opportunity to correct on the spot. Not in the next match but right there. Great for learning.

I started Yak's tech line last week in spite of Allied teams and boredom of Axis easy-mode. And the experience has been a complete surprise to me. A very positive one. I have acheived much better results than with any other planes i flown as of yet. But not in the easymode fashion of Axis. I had to work for my kills and wins. With a plateforme than clearly informed me when I was working correctly and not correctly, but with enough forgiveness to let me correct thing when i was clearly not doing the right thing with it. I have probably learned more in they last few days on Yaks than in the last couple of mouth on Axis and Allied Planes.

In the span of a few days only, Yak, at least the ealry ones i've had flown, grown on me as my new favorites aircrafts.

in summary, it's **** so you will have to learn everything to compensate for its shittiness.

meanwhile if you flew GER,JP,IT you don't need to learn anything, just point and click.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Donald_Keener said:

in summary, it's **** so you will have to learn everything to compensate for its shittiness.

No, you have to learn to use what it is really good at to completly skip over what it's not good at.

Turns out, the alternate way the Yaks teach you generally is a better way to do things with most aircraft. That's why Yaks are good learning fighters.

2 hours ago, Donald_Keener said:

meanwhile if you flew GER,JP,IT you don't need to learn anything, just point and click.

And will perpetually stay mediocre, nerver learning ****. And get roflstumped as soon you try to fly anything else or as the meta shifts. And more or less keep being carried by the few guys actually knowing what they are doing in Axis teams.

So to summerise, yes, if you'r a FOTM player who can't do **** if not in the FOTM plane and can't bother less about actually getting good, yes, for these players, Yak's are ****.

For players acutally willing to improve and becoming skilled, they are awesome.

Edited by SuperDuperOtter
  • Upvote 1
medal

8 hours ago, Donald_Keener said:

Besides low-tier Japan, I'd like to see where it's point-and-click (COUGH A6M5 4.7 VS P-47M TOTALLY FAIR AND BALANCED COUGH)

Edited by Ska_King_Felix

After a few failed attempts, caused by my lack of knowledge on the aircraft, i took the P-63C-5 into test flight, to measure it's flight edge envelope performances and general behavior.

With the training complete, i brought it back to Realistic Battles, flying for Allied team with more than half the modules not researched.

So i want to share this experience with all the new Allied players that complain about how much Axis aircrafts are over performing !

In this match we are using energy fighting doctrine to negate Axis players advantages.

The first two BF's have bold claims about us going up to them for well treatment, but things have turned out otherwise for them.

Their minds were fueled  by pride at first, then by greed, then by fury when the situation turned against them.

Using energy fighting doctrine and clear minds we managed to turn the tables and win against them.

War Thunder RB Sim Controls P-63A-10

Last 2 planes were a BF and a Zero, the BF behaved like the first 2, only to get his plane and dreams of victory destroyed. 

The zero found itself at low altitude with me having massive energy advantage and luck on my side also :D

This is the difference between Victory !  and We almost win. As the last BF player said... but in my book it's written that dead pilots do not talk !:017:

Edited by ArhanghelGavriil