MTom

Air RB not woth playing anything but germans?

german teams are very strong right now, there is no denying

and allied teams are pretty weak

1:spitfires are not spitfires but spitambers right now (maybe the engine is on fire, but literally)

2:teams usually have 3-4 bombers + ground attackers

3:hispanos are :facepalm:

4:players doen t know how to fly their planes (which is not the fault of the plane), there should be some kind of training for elemental tactics on aircrafts.

Shooting balloons is nice, but there is more to aerial combat than shooting an immovable object

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal

On 20/01/2019 at 23:27, Turra said:

thats what we get when germany gets BF109s that has 20mm cannons, more ammo better climb and better turnrate than US or Soviets or britts.

The only time the russians have an advantage is below 3.8k, which we know, the fight never goes down there. I was baiting a german to 3.8k where i could stand a chance against him, just when i was about to 1v1 him a japanese in his hilariously OP plane decided to join in, just like any axis vs allies match; i was outnumbered, the la7 isnt fast enough to outrun most japanese planes and the bf109G i was about to 1v1, even at low alt. Once again reminding me of how the only competitive russian prop is yhe vk107

• Upvote 4
medal

3 hours ago, Graxum said:

The only time the russians have an advantage is below 3.8k, which we know, the fight never goes down there. I was baiting a german to 3.8k where i could stand a chance against him, just when i was about to 1v1 him a japanese in his hilariously OP plane decided to join in, just like any axis vs allies match; i was outnumbered, the la7 isnt fast enough to outrun most japanese planes and the bf109G i was about to 1v1, even at low alt. Once again reminding me of how the only competitive russian prop is yhe vk107

la7 isnt fast enough to outrun japanese planes?

medal

29 minutes ago, jengelson said:

la7 isnt fast enough to outrun japanese planes?

Straight line on the deck, yes, but the Japanese can outdive the Russians and something like an A7M will hold on to the speed gained in a dive for quite some time making it quite difficult to escape.

medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

Straight line on the deck, yes, but the Japanese can outdive the Russians and something like an A7M will hold on to the speed gained in a dive for quite some time making it quite difficult to escape.

At 3km La-7 can hit 663km/h.

At same altitude A7M2 can keep no more than 589km/h.

Unless you started running away in La-7 in complete energy disadvantage or noticed A7M at guns range, you have more than enaugh speed to run away. Otherwise there is only one word for ya: L2P

15 minutes ago, BrassWolf said:

Unless you started running away in La-7 in complete energy disadvantage or noticed A7M at guns range, you have more than enaugh speed to run away. Otherwise there is only one word for ya: L2P

actually, magical powers of the japanese forbids this.

ive never actually outrun a japanese plane except with a VK107 and a La-9, with the la9, by about 7kmph faster (at sea level), with a Vk107 i was above a japanese plane on first engagement once.

also with a La-7 you'll never, EVER have an energy advantage over a japanese plane; unless the opponent is xxxx, or they have 6 billion of their teammates near them

also yes i did sideclimb with the la7, but 16 minutes of sideclimbing with a la7 is equal to 1 minute of sudoku with japanese planes

Edited by Graxum
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
medal

14 minutes ago, Graxum said:

actually, magical powers of the japanese forbids this.

ive never actually outrun a japanese plane

14 minutes ago, Graxum said:

16 minutes of sideclimbing with a la7 is equal to 1 minute of sudoku with japanese planes

Stop lieing, or Ill report you for starting flame wars.

Edited by BrassWolf

1 hour ago, BrassWolf said:

Nobody is saying that the La-7 isn't faster than the A7M2 in level flight. What is being said is that that is exceedingly difficult to exploit when fighting the Japanese since they will 1) pretty much always have an altitude/energy advantage and 2) can dive better than you.

It's similar to the situation that US planes are in when facing German planes, except that now the option to dive away isn't really there.

Go try it yourself, go fly the La-7 (if you have it) and see what happens when an A7M2 comes diving on you. I'm not saying that you can't get away, but it won't be fun.

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

Nobody is saying that the La-7 isn't faster than the A7M2 in level flight. What is being said is that that is exceedingly difficult to exploit when fighting the Japanese since they will 1) pretty much always have an altitude/energy advantage and 2) can dive better than you.

It's similar to the situation that US planes are in when facing German planes, except that now the option to dive away isn't really there.

Go try it yourself, go fly the La-7 (if you have it) and see what happens when an A7M2 comes diving on you. I'm not saying that you can't get away, but it won't be fun.

Dude, not long ago I've outenergied A7M2 in and Cannonstang. Sorry :salute:

Just now, BrassWolf said:

that's a mustang, those things were infamous for supernatural straight line E retention as it was. Pretty sure irl it actually had the nickname "runstang" because of it

• Upvote 1
medal

3 minutes ago, Spindash64 said:

that's a mustang, those things were infamous for supernatural straight line E retention as it was. Pretty sure irl it actually had the nickname "runstang" because of it

Still slower than La-7.

Key is to dive only past bandits max speed at that altitude and then level off. No need to dive to deck. But you need to dive away before bandit gets to guns range 

Edited by BrassWolf

5 minutes ago, BrassWolf said:

Still slower than La-7.

Key is to dive only past bandits max speed at that altitude and then level off. No need to dive to deck. But you need to dive away before bandit gets to guns range 

it doesn't matter, it HOLDS its speed better. It spends more time fast before slowing down than the La-7 does

medal

51 minutes ago, Spindash64 said:

it doesn't matter, it HOLDS its speed better. It spends more time fast before slowing down than the La-7 does

No plane can hold its speed above max level speed. So it matters a lot. 

For example, at SL P-51 cant hold speed above 582km/h, while La-7 can keep above 600km/h. A7M2 at SL can hold only 541km/h.

So if you have problems with slow plane diving on you, you did one of two mistakes: either you let bandit to reach guns range or you were got with massive energy disadvantage. Either case its L2P

Got A7M2 on your La-7 six? Dive to 3km alt and make sure to hit 663km/h in that altitude. Then level off and watch how you leave bandit in dusts. And for gods sake, dont let bandit reach guns range in first place. At 3km alt La-7 wont slow down more than 663km/h, while A7M2 will slow down. Thus range will increase. Thus you will hold more speed/energy to outzoom him.

Edited by BrassWolf
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BrassWolf said:

For example, at SL P-51 cant hold speed above 582km/h, while La-7 can keep above 600km/h. A7M2 at SL can hold only 541km/h.

So if you have problems with slow plane diving on you, you did one of two mistakes: either you let bandit to reach guns range or you were got with massive energy disadvantage. Either case its L2P

Got A7M2 on your La-7 six? Dive to 3km alt and make sure to hit 663km/h in that altitude. Then level off and watch how you leave bandit in dusts. And for gods sake, dont let bandit reach guns range in first place. At 3km alt La-7 wont slow down more than 663km/h, while A7M2 will slow down. Thus range will increase. Thus you will hold more speed/energy to outzoom him.

that's not the point. My point is it can spend more time ABOVE its maximum SUSTAINABLE top speed. You don't instantly drop to max level speed when your nose goes from negative pitch to pitch of 0, you lose speed gradually until thrust and drag are equal again. The P-51 happens to have very, very low drag, so it loses speed much slower than the La-7 does

• Upvote 7
medal

10 hours ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

Go try it yourself, go fly the La-7 (if you have it)  

Lol I liked this, very smooth. :)  You almost know he doesn't because of his service record. 

10 hours ago, BrassWolf said:

Wasn't able to reproduce La-7 results. Both dive from 5.5k and both level at 3k.  La-7 is faster but the difference after leveling are way, way lower then reported, nothing close to even 600.

Edited by DaffanZ
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Spindash64 said:

that's not the point. My point is it can spend more time ABOVE its maximum SUSTAINABLE top speed. You don't instantly drop to max level speed when your nose goes from negative pitch to pitch of 0, you lose speed gradually until thrust and drag are equal again. The P-51 happens to have very, very low drag, so it loses speed much slower than the La-7 does

It still doesnt matter how long speed can be kept, because faster plane can fly indefinatly long on itsleft max speed. And bandit wont do anything if you dont let him to close in guns range at first.

If you dive to deck in La-7 chased by P-51 in a range of 1km and both level of on deck with 600km/h, P-51 WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD THAT 1KM RANGE.

Edited by BrassWolf

Literally even the Italians are quite unplayable, not because their planes are bad, but the repair costs on some 4.7 and 5.7br planes are past 30k, (I'm looking at you g55 series 1 and g56), I don't know why the g56 has a 22k repair cost stock and a 33k repair cost spaded, and the g55 series 1 has a 20k repair cost sock and a 30.5k repair cost spaded

medal medal

11 hours ago, BrassWolf said:

Lol

I could say that I’ve outenergied A6M5 in stock D-28, which is true, too.  Is it representative of actual performance?  No.

12 hours ago, BrassWolf said:

You know both A7Ms have their engines more powerful than 5.7 griffons, right?

The reason why Japanese aeroplanes are hilariously OP is because they have:

1. Extraordinary climb rate, and some of them even come with an air spawn.
  2. Powerful engines (yes A7M1 is more powerful than griffon but sits at 4.7) and decent acceleration in a dive. 
  3. Good rudder and less high speed lockup, you can still get guns on target when diving at 700kph in a A7M2, but funny enough not in a Dora, Mustang, or even bearcat. 
  4. Turnrate. The best turn fighters in WT. 

So here we are, when Japanese aircraft outturns, outclimbs, outdives you in an A7M2 sitting at your six and refuse gain distance, while you are in a La 7 with positional disadvantage, what are you gonna do? 

You have no idea, because you’ve been exploiting this Meta in A7M2 and A6M2.

So do I. 

So do all of us who are seal clubbing in Japanese fighters. 

But when somebody mentions it, don’t pretend that you didn’t know and start flipping stat card, pretentiously saying:

Ah, you know wut? A7M2 can keep no more than 589kph, literally no more. 

• Upvote 5
medal medal

33 minutes ago, Ska_King_Felix said:

Lol

I could say that I’ve outenergied A6M5 in stock D-28, which is true, too.  Is it representative of actual performance?  No.

D-28 is better than any A6M except flat turning. You should be outenergying zero in a jug. If you dont, you are doing something fundamentally wrong.

15 minutes ago, LobsterCoat said:

You know both A7Ms have their engines more powerful than 5.7 griffons, right?

Do you really want to play this game, do you? Ok. P-38E sitting at 3.0 got more combined power than A7M. Want more? Check D-25 and D-28 engine powers. :017: Youll be amazed. :popcorn: Dude, engine power alone says nothing.

Edited by BrassWolf
  • Confused 3

I recommend everybody to look up the service history of people here who defend the axis-dominant status quo. See how many of them fly majority axis planes, and simply want to maintain their access to easy mode axis abuse. How often these people will claim that the allied planes are OP, yet never flew them, or have significantly worse result with them.

I will as an example share with you BrassWolf's stat. Notice how the top 10 planes he flies are all axis, how he does much better with them with both K/D and winrate with axis planes, and kill/battle.

And yet here he is, saying that US planes are OP, are undertiered and so on and so forth. If that is the case why doesn't he play them, and why isn't he doing better with them.

As always, ignore what people say, and watch what they do.

brasswolf-wt.png

Edited by Donald_Keener
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, Donald_Keener said:

I recommend everybody to look up the service history of people here who defend the axis-dominant status quo. See how many of them fly majority axis planes, and simply want to maintain their access to easy mode axis abuse. How often these people will claim that the allied planes are OP, yet never flew them, or have significantly worse result with them.

I will as an example share with you BrassWolf's stat. Notice how the top 10 planes he flies are all axis, how he does much better with them with both K/D and winrate with axis planes, and kill/battle.

And yet here he is, saying that US planes are OP, are undertiered and so on and so forth. If that is the case why doesn't he play them, and why isn't he doing better with them.

As always, ignore what people say, and watch what they do.

brasswolf-wt.png

And now you can search my last 3 months replays. Youll be amazed what I play now :017:

8 minutes ago, BrassWolf said:

Dude, engine power alone says nothing.

Are you implying you turnfight in D-25 or D-28?

Or are you trying to selectively neglect this balancing issue.

Engine power means a lot in this particular comparison

They are both turnfighters also have energy fight capabilities. They have similar role, while the lower BR one suits the role better. 

Engine power directly relates to its survivabilities when they’re being engaged and evading. 

Engine power also contributes to its climb ability and acceleration. That gains A7M more time at the tail of enemy. 

Maybe gaijin should introduce conflict between Axis, so German and Italian pilots would get a sense of how Japanese fighters work. 

medal medal

Before people complain about "stat shaming" here's my own stat.

You will see the same, I do much better in axis planes in all stats. That's why I play them more, they are more enjoyable to fly because getting kills is more fun than getting blown up. They give you way more SL because you get more kills and die less.

And from playing them I can easiliy tell that they are much easier to fly. You start the battle above the enemies always if you want, and if you don't then you can easily wait for your teammates to push them down. Then you can take your time to boom and zoom. Even for planes that are absolute dogshit at bnz like the 202EC you can still boom and zoom, because it's much easier to boom and zoom somebody with a xxxx bnz plane when you are above the enemy, than to bnz somebody with a good bnz plane (p47) when the enemies are above you. you have overwhelming armament, so in a many-v-many situation, you can easily tip the balance in your favour because you can convert any opportunity much better. They are also more light (respond to immediate input much better) this also helps to convert opportunity into kills. Because you have better T/W i.e. climb rate and acceleration, it's more forgiving defensively. You gain energy much faster so you don't spend as much time at low energy state after a fight, which means you can rejoin a battle much sooner i.e. the snowball effect is stronger. Thus, when you are jumped by a p47 for example, if he extends you can regain energy. If he does not and turns for an immediate reattack, then you can easily pull him into a low E state and reverse. The same cannot be said for the reverse situation. If I jump a low E p47, he has absolutely zero chance of escape or reverse.

Any imbalance in the setup is also positively feedbacked, because the better players will figure out and migrate to the stronger side, compounding the effect of the imbalance even more.

It's absolutely shameful that people will argue that the axis is not easy mode OP right now, especially when it's clear they just want to abuse it for easy wins. Sooner or later if this continues the game will just die and nobody wants that.

donald-keener-wt.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2